1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Tigers **** Up!

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by TigerDyr, Nov 10, 2009.

1. TigerDyr

TigerDyr Guest

This is a thread to describe an event that took place today or late yesterday, where I got robbed blind!

First of before the story is told yes I know I made a mistake and I did not intend to make it!

In my house I have quite a few chest like most other, one of these chest contained alot of nice items actually all of my nice items, which to most perhaps weren`t that many but to me was everything I had of items like it. That chest was accessed to anyone, which was my mistake and one I hadnt realized till it was rippe for anything of value!

Now here comes the troubling part, I had only like 15-20 peeps accessed/friended to that house which of most I trust and if they had asked me I would prolly have given them full permission to use those items, the rest is guilded or as good as with me.

So it wasnt anyone who could get in there only those whom I have accessed.

Anyway I lost:

the Luck jewl set
    Jaana staff
    Mempo
    Armor of fortune
    The jester luck cap thingy
    Luck robe (only the 95)
    some luck sleeves, gloves and leggins
    some RBC`s
    Heart of the lion
    Spirit of the totem
    Pendant of the Magi
    Some jewls which was in the making one had 15HCI 25EP thus far
    Some nice LRC armor and LMC armor nothing that important.

on top of that quite a few faction arties
    prolly worth 300k silver perhaps a bit less perhaps abit more cant quite remember what I had there it was fom several chars.

And further more a pair of uncursed Inquisitors Resolutions

Might have been more cant quite remember it all...

Now to the point of this thread!

Since its not that many people who could actually have done it I could just post the list and prolly figure it out that way, but I see downsides by going down that way. But since that list would consists of a whole lot who didnt do it and actually have my trust, so I wont do it like that.

But to you who did it, just know im sorry for what you have done. Its not so much the items, but you have actually made me think of most of the people who is accessed. People some of who I deeply trust and made me somewhat suspicious for a second or two, which is a very nasty feeling for me and made me sad, for me to suspect people who should expect nothing but good from me cause they have earned it and deserved it. I can stand losing the items, its just a game, but the people I play with have my "real trust". dont know if that makes sense.

Im just ranting now I see, so ill end this on a final note.

It might be an obviouse answer to this question...

Why should I have not trusted you, before you stole from me?

2. Calibretto

Calibretto Guest

If you need help replacing anything let me know. This is why I only have two people accessed to my stuff. Alizaren and my RL brother in law.

3. Phantroneous

Phantroneous Journeyman

Tiger, i know the feeling.. and what you said.. does make sense.. i'll do what i can to help you out... you had been a pal way back when.. so i still consider you as such.. therefore i'll do what i can.. that may not be much but i'll try...

4. Phantroneous

Phantroneous Journeyman

Oh which luck robe elf or not.. because i just so happen to get one as a drop two to three days ago.. as for the spirit of the totem.. cursed or uncursed?

5. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

To whoever did such a ****ty thing, I hope you´re proud of yourself. Can´t get stuff ingame without stealing from others? *spits*

Tiger, I have a Jaana´s staff and some nice luck pieces you can have. ICQ me and we can meet...

6. Duke SP

Duke SP Guest

Sorry to hear of your loss Tiger. :(

Don't worry karma will kick them in the face sooner or later.

7. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

This is exactly why i remove access from anyone, and i mean anyone, that has ever been in any of my houses. It's not a disrepect thing its more a trust thing. I've only truely trusted one person on this shard and that was my RL bro and he don't play anymore. Alot of people been talkin about getting ripped off one way or another. This is a pitiful shame. Some of us have played with honor and integrity since before some of you even knew what a computer was. I personally am disgusted that someone that Tiger had trusted has ripped him off. If i were you Tiger, i would take a screenie of the house access list and post it. Let the people of siege speak their mind on this!!

8. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

I know your prolly totally pissed but i just cant believe you lost ANOTHER AoF!!!!!! Remind me to kick ur ass when i see ya next time...

9. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

Tiger aint like you dude...

10. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Lets get back to finding out who did it.

11. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I've only ever been robbed once, and that was the day I let Franko in my house.

Other than that, I'm a pretty good judge of character :)

*edit* And having said that, I now transferred my Makoto house to diff character, so will have to refriend my friends, argh!

12. Phantroneous

Phantroneous Journeyman

Hmm... It sucks that no one really trusts anyone else in this game.. i've had trust for a few people here.. but.. no offense to anyone.. most of them i've lost my trust for.. for one reason or another... there are a very small handful of people i trust.. and thing is.. they trust me in return.. so they know whom they are...

13. Duke SP

Duke SP Guest

I trust one person on this server since i've been here and she has access to everything in my keep. I've never checked to see if anything has come up missing because honestly i trust her so much that i would never know if she stole from me. Because i trust her so much, i would never check. :lol:

Thanks, for being a TRUSTWORTHY friend. :grouphug:

14. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I got 2 robes. On hero, one reg. You can have one. I also have a mempho. Wasnt planning on selling it, and Cali asked first, so I can give him first crack, if he passes, you have buy it.

Not sure whatelse I got kicking around. Nothing jumps out, but meet up with me, and I can give you what I can.

Whoever took it, care to sell the gear back? I got 5M in the pot to buy back

15. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

seems like I have never seen a primary crafter person as untrustworthy. It has always 100% of the time been people who have a pvp char.

Crafters Rule!

Lorddog

16. TigerDyr

TigerDyr Guest

The Items can be replaced i due time, Ill work it out.

Im not gonna post a screenie of my access list sinc it would as I state earlier compromise alot more who dont deserve it.

I wont change my trust in people, as I said that chest were meant to be accessed at a higher level than to anyone so its partly my fault for leaving the temptation there.

The thread is mostly a statemeant that he/she had made me suspect some people that need not be and that, that fact made me sad.

To all who has offered to help, thank you!
    I wont decline nor accept anything I will most likely be contacting some for the things I cannot obtain in any other way and then id wish to purchase if it is for sale.

See you in the game all

Ps. Morder! Yeah the hell is up with that, those things are like hot potatos in my hand, just wont stay there....

17. prostkr2

prostkr2 Guest

Are you for sure everyone on your list still owns all the accounts. Ive seen folks get robbed by the new owners of an account that was recently sold.

18. TigerDyr

TigerDyr Guest

It is not that many people and most of whom I play on a regular basis with. So yes.

19. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Sorry this has happened.

It's not so much the items lost as the trust betrayed that hurts :(

20. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

This sucks Tiger. I have a few of those items I can give you, and I will look around and try to find the others for sale.

21. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

Do you think it was someone that recently sold an account?

22. Faenwen

Faenwen Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

tiger
    i am sorry that happend to you.
    shame on the one who took the stuff.
    i have a luck robe and a few hero (a luck suit) and evil dyed things i can give you.

23. TigerDyr

TigerDyr Guest

Morder: No I do not think that its one who recently sold his account since there is only one person who is accessed that sold his account recently and that person is in my book above suspicion.

Faewen: Thank you for your offer, but I do beleive I still have a robe... It wasnt all m items just my main chest... But thanks anyway :)

24. I have a spare luck jewel set you can have if it's the bleue set you mean?
    I'm sure I can find a luck robe (elf or human?) and some luck armour as well.

There are ways you can whittle down your list of suspects, but I'm sure you know that.

25. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Tiger I will donate a hero jester hat of chuckles, and I am sure I have some 140 luck pieces around.

26. Blindside

Blindside Guest

there is no above suspicion, to be honest maybe that above suspicion person knows this and knew you would never accuse him thus took it

27. TigerDyr

TigerDyr Guest

I know you could probably be right Blindside. I have no doubt in my mind that eventually I will find out who did it and I would be very hurt if I were to find out that it was one of those I raise above suspicion, but then again I am certain it isnt one of those (certain for now anyways ;-)).

Shal and Speedy thank you very much, ill contact you if I cannot find another way. Hopefully though I can :stir: em up another way...

28. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

I have a spare Inq. resolution you can borrow if ya need

29. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni TnT/TnA

Are you certain you did not release the chest and it decayed? If everything was in one chest, this is a possibility. I would hate to see you begin distrusting your in-game friends if that's what happened.

30. TigerDyr

TigerDyr Guest

Im sure cause the chest it self was still there left with some demon bone armor a ring and a dagger. But yes that woudl be stupid if that were the case... Did lose a chest that way some time ago though, I usually learn from my mistakes ;-).

Distrusting isnt something I like so I wont be doing that much it is common sense to have your best items in a secure chest which only can be accessed by you, and then if someone asks you, you can decide wether or not to access em. I made a mistake in that sense, wont make it again.

But Thanks for your input.

31. TigerDyr

TigerDyr Guest

Hello Mo :)

Its okay, I will just get Cali or speedy to give me some punkte points if they are willing ofcourse and then use the faction items. Thanks though....

32. Calibretto

Calibretto Guest

get with me in game, Braeden has plenty for you.

33. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Set your clock to wake up in the middle of the night and come fight with us for your punkte :)

34. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Make him earn them :p

35. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni TnT/TnA

I really hate to hear this then. The drama of the game is much more fun without that kind of problem.

36. AEowynSP

AEowynSP Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

If you are still needing things let me know. I have lots of minors that can be turned in and tons more marties still waiting to be unraveled.

37. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

I would be happy to help out as well. I have dozens of ToTs. If you need to trade some in to get back up to speed let me know.

38. TigerDyr

TigerDyr Guest

Thanks Aeowyn and Kelmo, I have some minors myself, so I think im pretty set there, thanks though :)

39. CaesarCoW

CaesarCoW Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Damn bro, ****ing people are ridiculous. This shouldn't had happened to you. You're one of the few good people on this shard IMO. Always friendly, never bitter.

Dude, if you need anything, I'll get you co owned to my keep. You can raid through and grab whatever you want since I don't play much anymore. I have a decent luck suit with jester cap and aof you can use/have/w/e. No mempo though :( I'll leave you gold if you need it too.

P.S. Send me the access list, I'll help you figure it out.

Life is too short.