1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Time for another storage upgrade?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Olahorand, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

With all the recent unstackable gifts, stuff from IDOCs and cleaned out RTB houses the storage crisis has grown further. Permanently cleaning out is not really fun as well. But currently house size + 60% is the maximum you can get per account.
    I think there should be sold another storage upgrade option, including all current storage and bank updates and adding following features:
    Increase the primary house base storage to that of max storage house, if the house is smaller than a so called "max storage" house. (For all players.)
    For players, purchasing an storage upgrade token, double house storage.
    Increase bank box to 250 items and/or build an interconnected part into the bank box allowing all characters from an account to share this part per shard.

*Salute*
    Olahorand

Tanivar and Falon of Eldor like this.
  2. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I do like to see more storage for small houses. One way could jevelry,armor and weapon boxes. Also gift boxes could be nice.

3. Nine Dark Moons

Nine Dark Moons Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

i could use more house/bank storage as well. it's hard living out of a bank box on non-primary shards. when you add up reagents, gold, supplies, armor, dyes, holiday/anniversary items, etc., the 175 item max is met pretty fast.

4. Eric Ravenwind

Stratics Veteran Gilfane

If they make it, I'll buy it!

5. Mitzlplik_LS

Mitzlplik_LS Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

No offense toward anyone but wow......

A&E needs to step in for some hoader intervention I`m thinkin!

I know some people do have storage issues but I am just at a loss as to how in the world someone can amass soooooo much junk and how in the world could you even keep it all organized. I have played several games where you just have 20 slots of storage and a cple more in a vault,so I think UO is more than accomodating in that regard. I could live out of a small house and prolly never have storage issues.

I personally think that we have enough storage and really don`t need anymore but with the small amount of players left,it certainly can`t hurt anything to bump it up some for those hoarders out there that need bigger piles.

Kayhynn, DerekL and Irulia Darkaith like this.
  6. DerekL

DerekL Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

The trashcan has well nigh infinite storage capacity. There is no crisis. There is no need for yet another storage upgrade.

Seriously, we've had storage upgrades over the years, and here we are again - with people complaining that they don't have enough. If you don't have enough storage, it's time to clean house. Sell stuff, give it away to newbies or friends or random strangers at the bank, toss it in the trashcan and get some Clean Up points...

Irulia Darkaith likes this.
  7. Cerwin Vega

Cerwin Vega Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I think it would be nice if they would sell each account a 7x7, i know all your items couldn't be at just one house but having 2 houses would be cool.

#7 Cerwin Vega, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  8. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Instead of a storage upgrade they should just sell a token that will allow us to place a second house.

Hannes Erich and Andrasta like this.
  9. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I have always wished there were a way for smaller houses to meet the max storage. There have been many occasions where I wanted a smaller place, but didn't want to sacrifice storage.

virtualhabitat likes this.
  10. Goodmann

Goodmann Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

they have a storage upgrade its called garden sheds

Lord Nabin likes this.
  11. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

The other one is called get another account ;)

12. Gameboy

Gameboy Sage
    Stratics Veteran UWF

That would kinda bite to pay for another account when you just want more storage.

13. Olahorand

What good is a shed on a shard, on which you don't have a house or for the by far most players, who have not reached 15 years? If I could place it in the wilderness or combine more than one and live IN it like in a mini house, ok.
    @Nabin: 5 permanent accounts and a few others I open from time to time are surely enough. Not everyone can pay monthly additional money.
    @Mitzlplik: Cleaning up and organizing is not fun for everyone. It's surely much funnier, if you find surprisingly stuff in your house in 2 years.
    And what's not unimportant: Players would pay for it and therefore generate revenue. Did you step outside on a shard other than Atlantic and look at the housing areas around Umbra as example? Doesn't this give serious indications about a declining player base and therefore reduced revenue generated by Ultima Online?

14. Lord Nabin

Then make some choices regarding what you are storing. There are plenty of storage upgrades in game. moving from a house to a keep, paid for upgrades etc.

It's all part of the game need more space save up for a bigger house already have a castle and 60% upgrade then find a Grandfathered house or two to buy.

Already have all that? Then open another account or decide to sell off some items.

It takes work and effort but you can do just fine with all the possibilities in game already.

15. Olahorand

It could take work and effort, but for people, who still own grandfathered small houses or "live" in a smaller house for RPG, for keeping the guild town together or whatever purposes - why are they still treated unfair in context of storage capability?
    You say simply "Get a bigger house".
    Sure they can do that - now even easier than ever before in this game. But you forget, that the game has a 15 years long history, that the small villa, the shack etc may belong to that history - and that these people maintain the history by keeping the small houses. Don't these people pay less for their accounts than those with a "max storage house"? So why is them denied access to the server ressources, only because they have a different play style?

On some shards you almost see only classic houses now, if they are former Owned by OSI and now bugged houses - due to the storage needs requiring large houses, making most people giving up on small houses or their dream spot.

Also I'm not a fan of the throw away mentality: You got gifts? If you dont have the storage: Dump them! Hm really? Why did we get that gift in first stage then?

And what about the idea of the interconnected bank box? Would make the life for players on shards, on which they don't own a house, easier - secure exchange, shared consumables ...

Gameboy likes this.
  16. Orgional Farimir

Orgional Farimir Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

NO!!!!!!!! There is already too much pixil crack!!!!! If anything they should make less storage instead of more.

17. KLOMP

KLOMP Sage

Any level of storage short of infinity will see some obssessive hoarder coming on here and complaining that he doesn't have enough space.

DerekL and Irulia Darkaith like this.
  18. Olahorand

Sure. Making ALL identical stuff stackable would be the best option for the players.
    But it would not earn any income for EA ...

19. Lord Nabin

I understand friend my point is making choices is a fact of life.

By the way there are grandfathered houses from 7x7 all the way upto and including castles.

I love the 15 year history of the game and the communities. I also have several castle loads of stuff from those 15 years as well.

It would be easy for me to just say. Hey let's add more storage. I really don't see the need for unlimited storage, I also see the challenge in the game of having to determine how you are going to store the items you decide to keep and the choices that you make in how much effort you put into securing the storage space. There are so many creative ways to increase your storage.

One account can hold something like a main house and four grandfathered houses I believe. I would have to fact check that.

A castle with upgrades is 7K plus items of storage multiplied by 5 if you secured four other grandfathered castles. 35K items, Then there is the venders, the moving crates, the new sheds and so on.

I personally know people who have accomplished these set ups in the past with just one single account.

A little ok maybe a lot of work and effort can put it in place.

20. Silly Seadog

Stratics Veteran It's My Birthday

~
    Arrrrr, how do ye secure grandfathered houses other than buying an account which do already have them?

21. Lord Nabin

They trade just like a normal house.

22. LordDrago

LordDrago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

While I would certainly nit turn down additional storage, I do not believe the dev team needs to look at this. For those who need additional storage, you can always:

Place a max storage house
    Open another account.

Lord Nabin likes this.
  23. Irulia Darkaith

They could double storage tomorrow and within in a year the hoarders would be saying we need more storage. If anything more storage just means we accumulate more. Anytime I run into storage problems it's a sign to get rid of some crap. For example, I used to keep on top of of MIBs and Treasure Maps, but thanks to the Locker vet reward I don't need to bother doing that. When the locker is full - I'll just get another one, so that one day I can have the fun of completing 1000 MiBs and T-maps - yeah right. Do yourself a favor and clean house - it's quite liberating.

Lord Nabin likes this.
  24. Sauteed Onion

Well they did mention they are releasing a new house themed pack soon, perhaps it involves more than wall tile sets and tasty decorations. Maybe not.

And after re reading it, it doesn't say much about wall tile sets, but deco and advanced tinkering. Maybe the tinkers of the fewcha -- "PHEW 'CHUH" -- can make extra spacious boxes or something. Who knows! Perhaps this heralds in a new age of mystery and intrigue we'll not soon see. All these things will surely be answered in the fewcha.

#24 Sauteed Onion, Jan 24, 2013
    Lord Nabin likes this.
  25. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Got an idea for storage issues in houses:
    Have the ability, through the house sign, to purchase upgrades on your houses storage capacity with gold. There would be varying upgrades depending on the current size of the house with the max upgrade being whatever the current limit for the largest house is.

With this, players owning small houses could potentially have a storage capacity equal to a castle or an 18x18.

#25 Viper09, Jan 24, 2013
  26. Lord Nabin

not a bad gold sink if the storage upgrade was based on time for the gold lol

27. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

They should just allow players to buy more than 1 "Housing and Bank Storage Upgrade Code".

MalagAste likes this.
  28. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I need more storage. I enjoy collecting.... can't help it. I already have more than 5 accounts I'm already looking to upgrade some..... but good god.... I need more space.

29. Gameboy

Gameboy Sage
    Stratics Veteran UWF

I'm not sure if it would cause server lag or hording but could they may storage unlimited?

Saw this and it was kinda cool

#29 Gameboy, Jan 24, 2013
    barbarous likes this.
  30. KLOMP

KLOMP Sage

No. Psychotic hoarders would just pile stuff up to infinity and the server does not have unlimited memory. Atlantic would grind to a halt within a couple of months at most.

virtualhabitat and DerekL like this.