1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Time out idle question

Discussion in 'UHall' started by lancelot99, Jul 31, 2012.

1. lancelot99

lancelot99 Guest

How does it work? how long is it?

If i have a monster outside my home wanting to attack me, will i still time out if i am idle inside?

#1 lancelot99, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2012
  2. Druido2

Druido2 Guest

If the monster is focus on your character, then normal rule of time out applies. I believe that the time is about 2 minutes.

#2 Druido2, Jul 31, 2012
  3. lancelot99

lancelot99 Guest

so if i am training Magery (Lots of Earthquake) i will have to constantly move around in my home or i will time out?

4. SlobberKnocker

SlobberKnocker Slightly Crazed

i think as long as the monster aggros u, u can cast eq in one place and will not time out. if not you will need to move some.

5. lancelot99

lancelot99 Guest

Ahh... thanks :)

6. Druido2

Druido2 Guest

Before we continue with this thread, let me ask you this. Are trying to train magery while been away from keys?
    Because this is not allow in UO.

#6 Druido2, Jul 31, 2012
  7. lancelot99

lancelot99 Guest

No, but sometimes browse the forums while logged into uo and not wanting to be logged out every time i do ..

8. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If a GM signals you and you don't respond to him you could wander back to the game screen and find yourself banned.

If your character is casting so many Earthquakes in a row that he could time out while doing it, you are going to want to check your software. I don't think either UOAssist or the EC can do that long a chain of castings normally.

9. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

Mob aggro (without actual combat) is not enough to keep you logged in, you need to actually be doing something. Casting spells should be enough, though sometimes the clients (EC specifically) doesn't see macro-generated activity as actual activity. The "show approaching names" feature strangely seems to be counted as "activity," hence why you see many people macroing in Luna (all the traffic near the moongate). Adding a line of speech into your macro also usually resets the inactivity timer.

If you're going to macro, don't do it AFK. You WILL get reported.