1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Time to dust off archer - Good template ideas?

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Roland of Atlantic, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Roland of Atlantic

Roland of Atlantic Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Hi guys

I have an archer that has been languishing in disuse while I have been using my sampire. I want to dust him off an make him useful. Right now hes running a random mix of skills that just kinda happened when I was still a noob. He's got:

archery 110
    anatomy 109
    tactics 95.5
    healing 74.7
    focus 100
    chivalry 83.6
    resist 57.4

As you can see, there's no pattern or logic going on here. What I want to do is make him a good addition to the guild when we go on hunts, but also pretty self reliant.

If I wanted to go for the most effective archer only build, what fat do I need to trim off those skills? What artifacts would I use in my suit (spirit of the totem?)

If he can be much more effective as a hybrid character, what hybrids would be good? What skills/arties do I built his suit around?

2. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Same thing happened to me after i built my sampire. I always played an archer and he was gathering dust so i r"vamp"ed him (pun intended!!)

skills are:
    Archery, anat, tact 120
    necro 99
    bushido 100
    chiv 61
    healing 100 [this is for group work] I swap it out for alchemy if im solo or with say a random group of people at navary or doom for the extra damage from exp pots and pop on my 50% ep ring. Or SS for extra heals if im soloing something tough.

Hes effective soloing and in teams.

Thunderz

3. Roland of Atlantic

Roland of Atlantic Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

So you can leech from archery? And lightning strike? This I didn't know! Sounds like fun, I think. What about honor? Anything special you have to do with that?

How much damage do you see with pots? And do you run the weapons with balanced as well as hml, hsl, or do you unequip, pot, re-equip?

What kind of stats would this build use, and is the mix of armor mods pretty much the same as a sampire? Any arties, M&S, fey legs?

4. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

For PvM, there are 2 archery concepts that I like. The first is the ABC Archer that Connor Graham used:

120 Archery
    120 Bushido
    115 Tactics
    100 Anatomy
    100 Healing
    90 Resist
    75 Chiv

The second is any variant of a wraith archer to take advantage of the mana leech ability of wraith form. I'm currently training up a sampire using Stupid Miner's template:

120 Melee Weapon
    120 Archery
    120 Bushido
    100 Tactics
    100 Necromancy
    100 Spirit Speak
    60 Chivalry

I'm still testing this one out, but I can run in vamp or wraith form, and in both forms attack melee or ranged. Lots of options.

The other option for a wraith archer is to use Lord GOD's "Wammy Thrower" template except with archery.

120 Archery
    120 Bushido
    120 Tactics
    120 Anatomy
    100 Healing
    70 Chivalry
    40 Necro
    30 SS (+30 on items)

Those should give you some additional PvM ideas to consider.

-OBSIDIAN-

5. Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Barter Town

For PvM, this is the template that I've had the most fun with:

120 Archery
    120 Tactics
    120 Anatomy
    120 Chivalry
    120 Spellweaving
    120 Meditation

No need to carry bandages whenever you go out, just bring some arrows/bolts and you're set.

It's the spellweaving that does it for me. My most used spell is Nature's Fury. They'll either take down smaller critters or distract bigger once while you take them down yourself. Other spells I use all time are Gift of Renewal, Word of Death, and occasionally Reaper Form.

The good thing about having Meditation (+ med items) over Focus is that you can spam Holy Light as much as you want.

Noble Sacrifice no rez others.

Artifacts:
    • Spring Cleaning Jewel Set: 3/6 Casting, mana regen, hp regen, and 400 luck. (3/6 Close Wounds & Cleanse by Fire is nice.)
    • Rune Beetle Carapace, Nystul's Wizard Hat, & Totem of the Void: 40% LMC. You need maxed LMC to run Spellweaving. You won't have max DI or HCI, but it doesn't matter. Being able to spam all of your Chiv and Spellweaving spells is what matters most.
    • I also use Crimson Cincture, Voice of the Fallen King & Stromgrips, but they aren't necessary.
    • (With Crimson Cincture, Voice of the Fallen King, Spring Cleaning Jewels, & Totem of the Void, I get HP regen 11, which is nice.)
    • Best of all, with Chivalry and Spellweaving, no need for Lower Reagent Cost, Mage Weapon, or Spell Channeling on your gear.

Like I said, out of all the templates I've played, I've had the most fun with this. With all the spells you can cast, it feels like you're playing an Archer/Mage. With the Nature's Furies, it feels like you're playing a Archer/Tamer without the hassle of dragging a pet along. And with Chiv buffs, Archery, and Word of Death, you can deal a lot of damage to get good drops.

Also, you said you want to be able to contribute to the guild. Guilds can always use another spellweaver.

For spawns, you'll burn through level 1 & 2 with Nature's Fury + Holy Light spam. Champ = WoD.

:grouphug:

6. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

I'm partial to weaving on archers, too. Although, mine is a variation of an ABC archer/weaver. Here are a few templates I've used for PvM:

Standard ABC Archer
    120 Archery
    120 Bushido
    115 Tactics
    100 Anatomy
    100 Healing
    90 Resist
    75 Chivalry

Pure ABC Archer
    120 Archery
    120 Bushido
    120 Tactics
    120 Anatomy
    120 Healing
    80 Chivalry
    40 Meditation

ABC Archer/Weaver
    120 Archery
    110 Weaving
    90 Tactics
    90 Healing
    90 Anatomy
    90 Bushido
    75 Chivalry
    50 Meditation

If PVP is your cup of tea, you could consider something like this:

Ninja/Archer
    120 Archery
    120 Anat
    120 Tactics
    120 Resist
    120 Healing
    120 Ninjitsu

Med/Archer
    120 Archery
    120 Tactics
    120 Anat
    120 Resist
    100 Healing
    80 Med
    60 Chiv

Fencer/Archer
    100 Archery (120 with hunter headdress)
    120 Fencing
    120 Tactics
    120 Resist
    100 Anat
    90 Healing
    70 Med

7. Aragoni

Aragoni Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Classic but still good and not so expensive zu build :)
    45 HCI and good Super Slayer bow from every group white 30 ssi and hit mana and life lech and rocking.

120 Archery
    100 Tactics
    100 Anatomy
    100 Healing
    100 Focus
    100 Chivalry
    100 Resie