1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Time to fix the guards.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Elric_Soban, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Elric_Soban

Elric_Soban Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

got attacked flat out, guards didnt come on request. everything working as intended?

2. SouthernRageLNR

SouthernRageLNR Visitor

<blockquote><hr>

got attacked flat out, guards didnt come on request. everything working as intended?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Guards should be removed from fel. Im sick of chasing blues around in the guard zone screaming GUARDS OMG HELP ME CAUSE I CANT PVP!!!

3. maybe they should worry about all the people speedhacking first.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

At one point I was under the impression that "guards" only worked if there was an NPC within hearing range. Am I just superstitious?

5. Elric_Soban

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
    Guards should be removed from fel. Im sick of chasing blues around in the guard zone screaming GUARDS OMG HELP ME CAUSE I CANT PVP!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure blues are equally sick of chasing you back to your house.

6. Elric_Soban

<blockquote><hr>

At one point I was under the impression that "guards" only worked if there was an NPC within hearing range. Am I just superstitious?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, don't need NPCs around.

7. <blockquote><hr>

maybe they should worry about all the people speedhacking first.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep.

8. Dean478

Dean478 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

Guards should be removed from fel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any logical reason? Ultima is supposed to be a virtual world. The towns need the guards to protect them from murderers (reds).

<blockquote><hr>

Im sick of chasing blues around in the guard zone screaming GUARDS OMG HELP ME CAUSE I CANT PVP!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

"Can't" and "don't want to" are two different things. Maybe these good players are sick of being chased by evil players.

9. <blockquote><hr>

"Can't" and "don't want to" are two different things. Maybe these good players are sick of being chased by evil players.

[/ QUOTE ]That's why we have Trammel, Malas, Tokuno, Illshenar....enough non-PvP landmass for those that are sick of being chased by "evil players?"

10. Lord ToXeN

Lord ToXeN Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Maybe these good players are sick of being chased by evil players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then don't goto fel...

11. Guest

Guest Guest

You are going to have to do better than "guards are broken", because under normal circumstances they work just fine.

12. Dean478

Dean478 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

That's why we have Trammel, Malas, Tokuno, Illshenar....enough non-PvP landmass for those that are sick of being chased by "evil players?"

[/ QUOTE ]

People still enjoy the risk associated with Fel minus the player killers?

13. Doh!
    Wear at least one piece of "reflect physical"
    problem solved
    [​IMG]

14. <blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Err, you realize that additional risk is almost solely because of "player killers," right?

Can't take the heat? Stay the hell out of the kitchen.

15. Dean478

Dean478 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Err, you realize that additional risk is almost solely because of "player killers," right?

[/ QUOTE ]

No it's not. There is better loot, better spawn, better resource gathering, no teleporting in dungeons, collision detection etc. Player killing is one aspect.

To say people should only go there to PK is stupid. It's a virtual world. People enjoy all aspects.

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said I can't take the heat? I'm doing fine in Fel thank you very much. Have been since T2A. Might want to read my above posts and note that I posted a contradiction to someone's very shallow statement. It wasn't my personal opinion, a simple contradiction of what they said to show how weak their statement was and how easily countered it is.

16. Guest

Guest Guest

the guy above me is a genious. and should prolly move to atlantic and join my guild. as an RPer i remain in fel 90% of my playing time. Why? cause people spent two years deocrating it. Its the only place worthy of being in that is capable of imersing someone. other than that, Ilshenar. If someone came after me with a knife, you bet my ass im hauling it to town sqare shouting for cops....if i dont have my gun. If all you want is pvpers in fel then you got your head in the wrong place to be playing ultima. I here by dub yew gate fel for thee. bugger off. sheesh, the ignoreance of todays pvpers.

As for the guards. do as the builder says. what actually happened? sure you diddnt mispel guards? or is it a macro. I dont usually call guards, but anyone know if you need to yell it?

17. <blockquote><hr>

There is better loot, better spawn, better resource gathering, no teleporting in dungeons, collision detection etc. Player killing is one aspect.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Most of those aren't even risks; the risk in seeking the better rewards is offset by PKs. That's where the risk comes in.

Is better loot (resources) a risk? No. It's a reward for taking the risk of going to a non-consensual PvP area.

Is better spawn a risk? Well, it's a subjective point. Everything that spawns in Felucca spawns somewhere in Trammel or the other Trammel-based facets, pretty much. You don't have to go to Felucca if you want your (very minimal) risk to come from monsters.

Better resource gathering is, once again, a reward for coming to a non-consensual PvP zone.

No teleporting in dungeons is only really significant in non-consensual PvP situations, to prevent people escaping easily.

Collision detection isn't really a risk more than it is a punishment for being thick-headed in PvM situations. It also plays more of a part with player blocking and associated tactics in PvP situations more than anything.

<blockquote><hr>

To say people should only go there to PK is stupid. It's a virtual world. People enjoy all aspects.

[/ QUOTE ]
    In case you missed it, you're talking about the only non-consensual PvP facet with rewards that you've outlined above. These rewards are presented for taking the risk of entering such a zone in the first place. If PKs weren't present, for all intents and purposes, you'd be enjoying these benefits with your only "risk" coming from monsters. Don't turn around and say that's a legitimate risk either, because monsters are not.

If you enter the only facet in the game that has been designated as a non-consentual PvP zone, do not expect not to be attacked. The "good players" sick of being chased by the so-called "evil players," as you put it, shouldn't be in the only non-consentual PvP zone. End of. If they are, they're looking for greater rewards and therefore must accept the associated risk that accompanies those rewards. If they cannot cope with this, they should settle for the lesser rewards that are present in the safety of Trammel-ruleset facets. Doing so would be more suited to their "playstyle."

<blockquote><hr>

Who said I can't take the heat? I'm doing fine in Fel thank you very much. Have been since T2A. Might want to read my above posts and note that I posted a contradiction to someone's very shallow statement. It wasn't my personal opinion, a simple contradiction of what they said to show how weak their statement was and how easily countered it is.

[/ QUOTE ]I have no real idea why you chose to take my comment personally, because it wasn't directed at you. It was directed at the "good players" who are sick of being chased by "evil players" in your scenario. Thou doth protest too much!

18. Guest

Guest Guest

I remember the first time someone claimed they killed a guard, and got his Halie, and armor n stuff. hehehe, Lets bring that back.....

19. Dean478

Dean478 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

Most of those aren't even risks; the risk in seeking the better rewards is offset by PKs. That's where the risk comes in.

[/ QUOTE ]

PKs aren't the only penalty in-game you know...

If player killing WAS liked by everyone, then dying to a player killer wouldn't be a risk would it? Just because you're in Fel doesn't mean you LIKE being griefed by a murderer, it just means you are willing to confront it IF it appears.

Just like by playing the entire game at all, we accept the fact our character may die, doesn't mean we WANT it to happen all the time. I mean what comes after tshi "don't like PVP, don't go to fel"? Don't like dying, don't play Ultima?

<blockquote><hr>

Is better spawn a risk? Well, it's a subjective point. Everything that spawns in Felucca spawns somewhere in Trammel or the other Trammel-based facets, pretty much. You don't have to go to Felucca if you want your (very minimal) risk to come from monsters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Having the spawn increase beyond your control due to ignorance or accident is a big risk. Especially after venturing to the bottom of deceit and finding not only are you full of gold, loldude the pker is on level and the bone knights have now cornered you against the wall. That's a combination of 4 risks vs rewards.

<blockquote><hr>

No teleporting in dungeons is only really significant in non-consensual PvP situations, to prevent people escaping easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

So we don't escape monsters? Dungeon parties don't collapse sometimes and need to escape?

<blockquote><hr>

Collision detection isn't really a risk more than it is a punishment for being thick-headed in PvM situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thick headed? Sometimes AI can do some pretty random and wonderful things.

[quuote]It also plays more of a part with player blocking and associated tactics in PvP situations more than anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

As well as monsters. You keep forgetting that there are monsters in this game... you keep thinking Fel was INVENTED for PVP versus LEFT for those who still wanted teh original risk of Ultima.

<blockquote><hr>

Don't turn around and say that's a legitimate risk either, because monsters are not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Monsters can't kill me? You really have the most close minded attitude about this game.

And again, read my post before you repeat yourself.

<blockquote><hr>

If you enter the only facet in the game that has been designated as a non-consentual PvP zone, do not expect not to be attacked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again you did NOT read my post. I never said I had a problem with PVP and it's risks. So read my post and come back.

<blockquote><hr>

The "good players" sick of being chased by the so-called "evil players," as you put it, shouldn't be in the only non-consentual PvP zone. End of. If they are, they're looking for greater rewards and therefore must accept the associated risk that accompanies those rewards. If they cannot cope with this, they should settle for the lesser rewards that are present in the safety of Trammel-ruleset facets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read my previous posts. Seriously. You're preaching to the choir now...

<blockquote><hr>

I have no real idea why you chose to take my comment personally, because it wasn't directed at you. It was directed at the "good players" who are sick of being chased by "evil players" in your scenario. Thou doth protest too much!

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why do you keep repeating yourself when you just contradicted everything above and acknowledged that I am not personally complaining about PKing merely pointing out that people ACCEPT the risk but don't always favour the outcome.

Accepting non-consensual PVP means you still don't like dying to a murderer, just that you are AWARE of dying to a murderer. I'm sure doctors don't like seeing sick and suffering people, but they are aware they will encounter it. Doesn't mean they charge into it WANTING it to happen.

20. SouthernRageLNR

SouthernRageLNR Visitor

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    If im attack them then im flag and cannot enter my house. OMGZ YOUR SO SMART LAWLZ..... Seriously stop crying about getting owned in fel.

21. SouthernRageLNR

SouthernRageLNR Visitor

<blockquote><hr>

Guards should be removed from fel.

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

Any logical reason? Ultima is supposed to be a virtual world. The towns need the guards to protect them from murderers (reds).

<blockquote><hr>

Im sick of chasing blues around in the guard zone screaming GUARDS OMG HELP ME CAUSE I CANT PVP!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I stated my reason, im sick of chasing blues around the guardzone.
    These same good players are the ones that gank and rez kill reds and kill off red npc healers so that its hard to find a rez after they gank a red, im sorry but these good people can kiss my backside.

22. <blockquote><hr>

If player killing WAS liked by everyone, then dying to a player killer wouldn't be a risk would it?

[/ QUOTE ]Scandalous logic.

I recognize the necessity of player killing in a high-reward facet. I still don't like dying, though. That's the whole point. No-one likes being killed, but that's the associated risks with a non-consensual PvP facet which offers greater rewards which people must accept.

Those "good players" who are "tired of being chased by evil players" aren't recognizing the associated risks with their desire for more reward for their efforts. If they're tired of running away, they shouldn't be in a non-consensual PvP facet. That's the crux of the issue.

<blockquote><hr>

Just because you're in Fel doesn't mean you LIKE being griefed by a murderer, it just means you are willing to confront it IF it appears.

Just like by playing the entire game at all, we accept the fact our character may die, doesn't mean we WANT it to happen all the time. I mean what comes after tshi "don't like PVP, don't go to fel"? Don't like dying, don't play Ultima?

[/ QUOTE ]I have never said anything to the contrary here. In fact, this is my entire point. You're making my point for me.

If players are not willing to accept the fact they will be chased by "evil players" and potentially die, they shouldn't enter the facet to begin with. They may not like PvP, but as long as they accept that is what goes on in the facet, all is fine and dandy.

<blockquote><hr>

Having the spawn increase beyond your control due to ignorance or accident is a big risk. Especially after venturing to the bottom of deceit and finding not only are you full of gold, loldude the pker is on level and the bone knights have now cornered you against the wall. That's a combination of 4 risks vs rewards.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Again, this is my entire point. You're making my point for me once again by highlighting the fact that PKing is providing the additional risk.

<blockquote><hr>

So we don't escape monsters? Dungeon parties don't collapse sometimes and need to escape?

[/ QUOTE ]If you need to recall away from a monster... you're likely on a dialup modem running at less than 56.6kbps. Seriously.

<blockquote><hr>

Thick headed? Sometimes AI can do some pretty random and wonderful things.

[/ QUOTE ]Are you playing a different game to me or something? [​IMG]

<blockquote><hr>

As well as monsters. You keep forgetting that there are monsters in this game... you keep thinking Fel was INVENTED for PVP versus LEFT for those who still wanted teh original risk of Ultima.

[/ QUOTE ]Pray tell me, where did the "original risk of Ultima" come from, honey? No, it wasn't mainly the monsters. It was because everyone was freely attackable, anywhere.

I'll just not reply to the rest of your post because you're waffling on about comments I've made that aren't even related directly to you, once again, after I've already specifically told you that was the case.

23. Dean478

Dean478 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

I'll just not reply to the rest of your post because you're waffling on about comments I've made that aren't even related directly to you, once again, after I've already specifically told you that was the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to reply further either because you are trying to convince someone who arleady enjoys the excitement of murderers (just not in their current imbalance thanks to Tram) and loves the old Fel system and would do anything to bring a pre-UOR server and has said it countless times...

24. Dean478

Dean478 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

I stated my reason, im sick of chasing blues around the guardzone.
    These same good players are the ones that gank and rez kill reds and kill off red npc healers so that its hard to find a rez after they gank a red, im sorry but these good people can kiss my backside.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay but think about it from within the context of the game. Those guards are there to protect people. Your character is a murderer, therefore the guards are there to protect against characters like yours. Why would they suddenly decide not too?

25. so im feeling some general hostility in the room right now is anyone else?
    as to answer the question guards dont come verytime you call for them hence why reds can attack in guard zone sometimes specially round the gate. now if you ran in the guard zone and yelled ive found that usually dont work if you were in guard zone to begin with when they hit they are toast. unless they are like 90% of the pvprs ive ever fought and speedhack to the point a guard couldnt hit if they wanted because they are 10 screens away by the time the game responds to the command. second exploit to guard zone is spells or archers if they are far ebough away a guard wont hit em. GL with the rest of this convo guys [​IMG]

26. Justy

Justy Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Maybe these good players are sick of being chased by evil players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then don't goto fel...

[/ QUOTE ]

Then don't cry when people don't go to Fel.

27. Guest

Guest Guest

If you want to remove guards, fine, but also remove houses within like 20 screens of the gates!

28. <blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    So... when I first read this I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you meant to say "Have been since UO:R"... Considering there was no Fel in t2a or before. There was just Britannia and then lost lands... no Fel, no Tram...
    BUT... then I read this:
    <blockquote><hr>

The colour of your character's name (being displayed) DOES define your characters moral judgement. A blue character is someone who has not committed a crime or murder (general statement). A grey name is someone who has recently done something wrong (but not evil) and a red name is a player who has murdered another player.

Read every manual since 1997. This is a roleplaying game after all. Statistics and colour codes have a meaning.

[/ QUOTE ]
    And now I realize you are kinda making things up... Why don't YOU go back and read your manual from 1997. Thats when the old Notoriety system was in place, not a color coded murderer system...
    You are also taking liberties by justifying your nonsense by claiming this is a roleplaying game... If that is the case, why must a red be evil? Can't a red be like robin hood? If I go otu an kill people that are roleplaying to be evil (yet their color is blue) and turn red myself does that make me an evil murderer in a roleplay aspect? No. Only in a color-coded game mechanic way. I think you need a little lesson on UO's history and on roleplay...

29. Dean478

Dean478 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

meant to say "Have been since UO:R"... Considering there was no Fel in t2a or before. There was just Britannia and then lost lands... no Fel, no Tram...
    BUT... then I read this:

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering the rest of your post is being so damn pedantic I'm going to prove you're wrong. Fel IS the world from T2A and before. Tram was the new one that was made. That's why people MOVED from Fel to Tram. They were already in Fel.

"Have been since T2A" is because I'm quoting from the T2A playguide.

<blockquote><hr>

And now I realize you are kinda making things up...

[/ QUOTE ]

I've made nothing up. Everything I've posted ghas been quoted from manuals and official documentation.

<blockquote><hr>

Why don't YOU go back and read your manual from 1997.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't as much of a manual as it was compared to T2A playguide, but I have it right here.

<blockquote><hr>

Thats when the old Notoriety system was in place, not a color coded murderer system...

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't quote that system because it has evolved. But the same concept is there. The removal of anonymity and the consequences of ones actions.

<blockquote><hr>

You are also taking liberties by justifying your nonsense by claiming this is a roleplaying game...

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I made that up? So when Lord British and Starr Long said this is an RPG, they were wrong?!

<blockquote><hr>

If that is the case, why must a red be evil?

[/ QUOTE ]

I said they murdered someone too many times and were reported for it, not necessarily evil. It depends on how you play your character really. That murder you just commited might have been a personal form of retribution, morally it was justified, but legally (guards etc) it's not. Also known as "role-playing".

<blockquote><hr>

Can't a red be like robin hood? If I go otu an kill people that are roleplaying to be evil (yet their color is blue) and turn red myself does that make me an evil murderer in a roleplay aspect? No.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can kill a murderer without turning red... at least you used too. So what's the problem. You find a murderer and you kill them, that's called justice, not murder.

As for the blues only using one or two counts, that's a design flaw. Personally I hated this and thought 1 count is enough to turn red. That way there is no blue killing 4 people then hiding for a few hours till their counts wane.

The other obvious solution to this is the removal of anonymity. If Bob keeps murdering, but never enough to turn red, then we as players know not to trust Bob. The obvious solution to this is for Bob to just make another character or continue killing, again I mentioned this is a design flaw and something I don't agree with.

<blockquote><hr>

Only in a color-coded game mechanic way. I think you need a little lesson on UO's history and on roleplay...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you need a lesson on definition... and a copy of said manuals I'm quoting from. Infact this will give you a good grasp to the ideas and concepts of Ultima Online and it's social mechanics:

http://web.archive.org/web/19970607201237/http://www.owo.com/town/interview.html

By the way, I've been here since very pixelated orcs attacked a very small Britain, 11 years now. How about you?

30. SouthernRageLNR

SouthernRageLNR Visitor

<blockquote><hr>

By the way, I've been here since very pixelated orcs attacked a very small Britain, 11 years now. How about you?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, good job champ.

31. <blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

You are also taking liberties by justifying your nonsense by claiming this is a roleplaying game...

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I made that up? So when Lord British and Starr Long said this is an RPG, they were wrong?!

[/ QUOTE ]
    I see, this is all about you misunderstanding roleplaying. One, my quote was not intended to say this way not a roleplaying game, I was saying you are using the fact that this is a roleplaying game as false justification for nonsense.
    <blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

If that is the case, why must a red be evil?

[/ QUOTE ]

I said they murdered someone too many times and were reported for it, not necessarily evil. It depends on how you play your character really. That murder you just commited might have been a personal form of retribution, morally it was justified, but legally (guards etc) it's not. Also known as "role-playing".

[/ QUOTE ]
    I suggest you look at your post. You used the word evil at least once, but thats besides the point.
    You say 'also known as "role-playing"' in what are you refering to? This is where you silly justification of stuff base don it being role-playing comes in. I prefer to look at it as a broken game mechanic. If I pk 4 people, then wait 40 hours, then pk another person I have killed 5 total, yet I am not a murderer. If I pk 5 people in less than 40 hours I have killed 5 people, but I am a murderer. The game mechanic is messed up that in the first situation the player is not a murderer, roleplaying has nothing to do with the game's decision to label someone a murderer or not.
    So if I properly roleplay a character, and treat that blue pk as a murderer, and take action against him/her in the exact same way as I might against a red murderer pk, I can become red myself for it. Am I a murderer? No, I am not. I am a good citizen protecting the innocent killing murderers. There is where your roleplaying comes in. Everyone knows I am a good person and may choose to ROLEPLAY and ignore the silly game mechanic that delcares me a murderer.

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Can't a red be like robin hood? If I go otu an kill people that are roleplaying to be evil (yet their color is blue) and turn red myself does that make me an evil murderer in a roleplay aspect? No.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can kill a murderer without turning red... at least you used too. So what's the problem. You find a murderer and you kill them, that's called justice, not murder.

[/ QUOTE ]See my above situation. I choose to kill the person roleplaying a murderer who, lets just say has been on a bad streak and been unable to kill a 6th victem for 40 hours and has turned blue. He/she is still a murderer, the game mechanic just happened to turn his/her color blue. By killing the blue roleplaying murderer am I evil? Am I performing murder?

<blockquote><hr>

As for the blues only using one or two counts, that's a design flaw. Personally I hated this and thought 1 count is enough to turn red. That way there is no blue killing 4 people then hiding for a few hours till their counts wane.

[/ QUOTE ]But there is still a blue killing one person then hiding for 40 hours. I agree, design flaw- and as such, a reason why not all reds are evil murderers, they are victems of a design flaw.

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]would you like a cookie for that?
    I find it is always the same type of person that brings up statements like these...
    ...please, enlighten me, what does this have to do with anything? Suppose I responded saying "so have I", would that mean I am right about ever claim I made in this post? That is what you are implying. You are using the fact that you were part of the game since pre-release as a reason that you know more than me. You seem like an intelligent human being, do you seriously think that your statement lends you credibility? I know people who have playing a fraction as long as me, yet they know more about many aspects of this game. Hopefully you are intelligent enough to realize how silly your last statement was.

32. Once i was going through the moongate from luna to fel yew...Client crash, typical... log back in and I am dead in the yew moongate with a bunch of reds around me. Humm, interesting.

I'm not a huge fan of guards myself, but its pretty annoying when you get afk killed in a guard zone.

33. <blockquote><hr>

Once i was going through the moongate from luna to fel yew...Client crash, typical... log back in and I am dead in the yew moongate with a bunch of reds around me. Humm, interesting.

I'm not a huge fan of guards myself, but its pretty annoying when you get afk killed in a guard zone.

[/ QUOTE ]

its not hard to kill people who are afk at the gate when they arent calling out GUARDS

34. Sakkarah

Sakkarah UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I just hate the whole insta guard wack business. I wish it would go back to us being able to fight the guards for a while, even if they have paragon balron strength. At least, the culprit actually has a chance to flee or defeat the guards. But it should prevent the guards spamming for more guards to come help ad infinitum causing a server crash :p

35. <blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I sick of reds thinking felucca is just for them. This is a perfect time to reinstate stat loss. So we blues can thin you reds out an take back our lands from you outlaw type.. We will see who can PVP. Risk vs rewards an accepting the consequences for your wicked ways It is time to purge the lawless to where they belong...

36. Guest

Guest Guest

Not only Orcs, but every now and then Lizmen would spawn in town with a Gazer. Sometimes Ratmen, but not as much.

37. Guest

Guest Guest

Hmmm, if i remember correctly (Which i do), you are not only VERY Pro-Scripter, but are also a Scripter, which you have stated in several posts. With the attitude and mentality i've seen you display here on Stratics, i have VERY little doubt that you use cheat programs in PvP too, like speedhacks.
    PvP means Player vs Player, not Program vs Player or Program vs Program, although some people seem to think so. So tell me, wtf you doing in a PvP discussion?

38. Guest

Guest Guest

Killing guards is also where Bent Lockpicks came from. Killing the Jeweler is where Black Sandals came from.

39. <blockquote><hr>

I sick of reds thinking felucca is just for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

eh?

<blockquote><hr>

This is a perfect time to reinstate stat loss. So we blues can thin you reds out an take back our lands from you outlaw type.. We will see who can PVP. Risk vs rewards an accepting the consequences for your wicked ways It is time to purge the lawless to where they belong...

[/ QUOTE ]

(emphasis added by me)

But if reds don't belong in Fel, that doesn't leave them anywhere to be, since they can't get into the other facets!

Hey, let's be tired of these Blues who think that Trammel is just for them! Let them let reds into Trammel, and we'll set up PVP tournaments and see who can really PVP!

* cough *

40. Dean478

Dean478 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

I see, this is all about you misunderstanding roleplaying. One, my quote was not intended to say this way not a roleplaying game, I was saying you are using the fact that this is a roleplaying game as false justification for nonsense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Already proved that statement wrong and you still cannot elaborate.

<blockquote><hr>

I suggest you look at your post. You used the word evil at least once, but thats besides the point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did, because murdering is an evil act. But I also acknowledged that sometimes a red count can be earned through a non-evil act (defending yourself at a champ spawn for example).

<blockquote><hr>

You say 'also known as "role-playing"' in what are you refering to?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you even digesting my post?

<blockquote><hr>

This is where you silly justification of stuff base don it being role-playing comes in. I prefer to look at it as a broken game mechanic. If I pk 4 people, then wait 40 hours, then pk another person I have killed 5 total, yet I am not a murderer. If I pk 5 people in less than 40 hours I have killed 5 people, but I am a murderer. The game mechanic is messed up that in the first situation the player is not a murderer, roleplaying has nothing to do with the game's decision to label someone a murderer or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope you certainly aren't, I already outlined this flaw with the mechanic BEFORE you mentioned it just now. I just said the count is FAR too soft and is EASILY ABUSED.

Read my post again and reply properly.

<blockquote><hr>

See my above situation. I choose to kill the person roleplaying a murderer who, lets just say has been on a bad streak and been unable to kill a 6th victem for 40 hours and has turned blue. He/she is still a murderer, the game mechanic just happened to turn his/her color blue. By killing the blue roleplaying murderer am I evil? Am I performing murder?

[/ QUOTE ]

I already acknowledged this and mentioned this flaw with the system before you brought it up, please read my posts properly.

<blockquote><hr>

But there is still a blue killing one person then hiding for 40 hours. I agree, design flaw- and as such, a reason why not all reds are evil murderers, they are victems of a design flaw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, so you actually agree with me, so why the hell did you bother posting all that crap above when you UNDERSTAND what I am conveying here?...

Glad to see you responded to my post AS you read it...

<blockquote><hr>

]would you like a cookie for that?
    I find it is always the same type of person that brings up statements like these...
    ...please, enlighten me, what does this have to do with anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a response to prove my credibility since you so rudely dismissed my response because I "need a history lesson on UO". This proves I was here during the times I quoted and that everything I said was authentic and accurate which you tried to ignore but then finally admitted with your last statement.

Next time don't be such a jerk and call someone a lier when they are quoting word for word from the playguides of the game since release. Learn to read a response properly and ASK what something means if you are failing to understand.

Don't post a stupid response that doesn't acknowledge the post or show any sign that you understand what was being discussed.

41. Elric_Soban

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    If im attack them then im flag and cannot enter my house. OMGZ YOUR SO SMART LAWLZ..... Seriously stop crying about getting owned in fel.

[/ QUOTE ]

...unless they attack you first, OMGZ YOUR SO SMART LAWLZ.

42. <blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I sick of reds thinking felucca is just for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

eh?

<blockquote><hr>

This is a perfect time to reinstate stat loss. So we blues can thin you reds out an take back our lands from you outlaw type.. We will see who can PVP. Risk vs rewards an accepting the consequences for your wicked ways It is time to purge the lawless to where they belong...

[/ QUOTE ]

(emphasis added by me)

But if reds don't belong in Fel, that doesn't leave them anywhere to be, since they can't get into the other facets!

Hey, let's be tired of these Blues who think that Trammel is just for them! Let them let reds into Trammel, and we'll set up PVP tournaments and see who can really PVP!

* cough *

[/ QUOTE ]

Go back a read what i said. I didnt say they dont belong there. I sick of the reds think that felucca is just for them.. Felucca is for every player not mindless killers geez.. Iam all for reds to play in every facet just bring back stat loss so there is justice in the game.

If an when stat loss is brought back in the game it will be more fun for everyone. The reds will have to make sure that this is there play style they want to play ya know.. True risk vs reward.

*cough* Pftt what a joke

43. there is a wonderful place called seige where reds can go anwhere

44. joblackjon

joblackjon Guest

Something tells me the guards are not going to embrace the idea of being neutered! And if we did "fix" them, where would new, little guards come from?

45. <blockquote><hr>

I say let all murderers in all facets, but not in towns or any other civilised place. UO is trying to convey some realism as well as reality. Murderers cannot freely walk about towns, people will persue them. Give them the ability todo so in the game.

If someone wants to be evil and kill other players, that's fine, that's a core factor of the game, but they need to be willing to adhere to the moral and social consequences (whcih is a core factor of any Ultima game).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes i agree an accept the consequences of being killed as a red stat loss.
    There has to be some kind of justice.