1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Time to Renew My Antivirus Program

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Flutter, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Currently am using Trend Micro Titanium. I am not unhappy with it. Just curious what you all think is best. Should I go with the deal they want to give me for a 3 user set-up or should I try something new.
    (I don't trust "free")

2. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Microsoft security essentials. Been using it since it came out and (touch wood) never had any problems.

Flutter likes this.
  3. youxigamer

youxigamer Visitor

If the free anti-virus software, then he will give you recommend some junk software Otherwise, big companies rely on to make money, if there is no income-generating livelihoods, how they will give you free services?

4. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Im sorry youxigamer I don't understand your question.

5. Noldor

Noldor Knight, Order of the Bug Hunters
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I used the "free" version of blocking/anti-virus programs for a while before I eventually bought the paid versions.

I use several programs to secure my system...because using only 1 or 2 never catches everything:
    • avast! anti-virus
    • Spybot Search & Destroy
    • ZoneAlarm personal firewall
    • MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
    • Microsoft Security Essentials

Avast!, Spybot, and ZoneAlarm load up on boot-up. I run all of them once a week, a boot-time virus can every other week, and a root-kit scan every week.

So far, I've only been infected once...from grabbing a video file off a friends USB thumb-drive. The thumb-drive was infected and it infected my machine for about 2 minutes until Avast! saw its activity, shut it down, deleted the file, then notified me of the breach.

TQQdles™

Flutter likes this.