1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Time Zone Poll

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by EM Aurora, Apr 6, 2012.

?

Time Zone Poll: Where are you?

Poll closed Apr 20, 2012.
  1. UK and Western/Central Europe

16.3%
  2. Russia/Asia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. US Central/Eastern

65.1%
  4. US Pacific/Mountain

18.6%
  1. EM Aurora

EM Aurora Journeyman

Siege players,

I am trying to get an overall sense of the different times zones of players here. Without a long list of every single zone out there, I hope this poll will help determine your area.

2. Symma

Symma Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I choose Europe but am reasonably comfortable with attending occasional events at EST times. Like tonights event will be 2am for me, which isn't to bad. Does help its the weekend hehe. But thats just me.

3. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I selected the time zone I live in, Central USA time, but I normally play mornings, and cuz my mornings are evenings for all the Europeans on our shard, so it can be quite busy in the Central USA timezone'd mornings here. :)

4. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Like Symma I also live in Europe but have a job that allows me to stay up late at night to attend EST timed events. If I´m not too tired that is. ;)

So I guess both option 1 and 3 works for me the best.

5. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

I voted in central but i think this poll shouldda asked what times we play at and split it up like 12midnight to 6am 6-noon noon to 6 and 6-midnight that way they got a better time of when we play

6. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

too non-specific, just have 24 options, one for each "hour" of the day (GMT), and alllow voting on multiple so we can choose which hours we're on the most, that would paint a much nicer picture of when everyone is on. For instance in that I would have to vote 6-midnight, when in reality i'm more of 8pm-2am

I voted pacific but early afternoon as most events so far happen is too early for me, I'm busy around then and can't take time off to play until night.

7. stmac1988

stmac1988 Journeyman

problem with breaking it down into to times would be times and time zones since theres always the people who cant figure out the math for the time zones

8. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

FFS its a general poll, just vote. Must we critique the way everyone does everything? Ya'll trying to frustrate another EM?

No one wants to work for micromanagers, so knock it off guys.

9. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I'd much rather help give the new EM a accurate depiction of when people are on than have him do something like start making events at 5pm eastern and wondering why few people show up. Dunno about him but it would frustrate me far more If, from poll results I set up events for "after work" hours eastern timezone....only to learn a good portion of the players that voted that work nights and other shifts :)

Vortex likes this.
  10. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Your right, I overreacted. Just sounded like everyone was complaining about the way the EM asked the question instead of answering it.

Nimuaq likes this.