1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Tired of people telling my story for me

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Hattori Hanzo, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni TnT/TnA

I see I have been talked about in Stratics a bit lately. In some cases it concerns issues I think would have been better of discussed via PM. For example, Hef had a meltdown regarding loosing two sets of faction items within a couple hours play. It went like this,

Now mind you, one suit was sold back to him immediately the other one I have. He did not ask me for it, but I offered that I would discuss it with him when he gets control over Tek, who was not playing by the very rules Hef had set. Hef claimed he could not control Tek, so I told him he could have his stuff when he retracted the threat he made in the above quoted post. He has yet to do that, so his stuff is still in a chest at my house.

But this is not about Hef, or me, or LOW, or KOC, or TNT, it is about items that have no more business on Siege than the blessed helms and leggings did. They need to go away soon or this shard will die.

I have also been accused of buying up faction items belonging to others. I admit I fostered this untrue rumor in an effort to make people see how immature the entire faction armor issue has become. The fact is, I bought a bear hat belonging to PwNoGraphy with his special mark on it, “Bearhead of the Siege Butcher.” I bought it because it looks cool locked down on my alter and was priced too low. It is not my intention to buy anyone’s stuff to trash it. So crying about that can cease.

I suspect that, deep down, most of you see the dismal shape the faction items have put the shard in. The constant wailing here must be capable of getting some attention to the fact that these items don’t belong on Siege and need to be removed (I know I am starting to sound redundant).

So, keep running these endless “Please play fair with the faction stuff” threads. It has to help the devs see how much they hurt things.

2. Black magick

Black magick Guest

Ok a few comments on this thread.
    #1. I've noticed alot less whining about tamers, is this because the faction armor rewards those who actually play a pvp template or is it just coincidental timing... Something to think on.

#2. On your comment to Hef to "control Tek", is this the military? Do those in the guild have to do whatever their leader asks? I think not. Tek is his own person, if Hef thinks he's stepped over the line leave that to Hef to deal with. Also, Hef made a suggestion, not everyone has to agree. Everyone who complains about leaders not taking responsibility for their members needs to get through their heads that its two different people, but leaders also have to accept responsibility for those they "lead."

#3. If faction armor isn't traded back, how much time would it save to just add said persons name to a list of people who don't trade back, instead of the massive post, and just trash all of that persons gear?

3. Soap Bubble

Soap Bubble Visitor

4. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

5. _Myaku_

_Myaku_ Guest

i dont believe you have much right to talk about something ruining siege since Ive only seen you pvp with stealth tamer templates... u complain about people using these beefed arties, but u are using a beefed dragon? so only tamers get stronger equipment(which is "blessed" btw)?

6. Soap Bubble

Soap Bubble Visitor

On this logic one must think....???

Factions must allow pets with higher skills and stats as his logic states. Simply spent 10-20k silver and POOF, faction pet is yours. Like items it will be at full power and required little to recieve. OR one can have a normal pet that ANYONE can get and work in a normal way.

Excellent point. and I have growin tired of argurments about myself and my templates. Believe what you must.

7. _Myaku_

_Myaku_ Guest

8. _Myaku_

_Myaku_ Guest

all i can say to this is

what?

9. Soap Bubble

Soap Bubble Visitor

10. _Myaku_

_Myaku_ Guest

whats the big deal if you have to join factions for them? they were added into the game to be pvped with... the only thing factions changes is... hiding in guardzone? 15 mins stat lose, which if were wearing a arty suit when you died, u can perty much count on taking longer then this to get requip faction or not...

11. quazion

quazion Guest

Personaly i like the Faction items, it makes it easier to get a suit and PvP against the players that have real arty suits. I dont have the time or the funds to grind for a arty suit just to loose it in 15 seconds to a gank. There for i like the faction armour since it gives me a little chance of staying alive and fight back a little bit longer and have some fun.

If you ask me what to change then i would say make em so anyone can use them, this way at least the risc vs reward that seige is about is reinstated.

12. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Unhappy people still sinking money into this game? After not being heard for 11 years? Why would one think that would change.

It took them 4-5 years to upgrade factions, what makes you think if they did decide to take the items off siege it wouldnt take another 4-5. I have no reason to believe that any of this well even be heard by a dev... Especially posting it here on the siege forum. Might wana try the UHall, just a heads up. Goodluck with the overpowered gear and superdragons!

Did I miss something, oh wait nevermind...

going... going....

13. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'm all in favor of a revert circa pre Age of Stuff. Haven't had a good ol' fashioned revert in quite some time.

14. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I think you are all acting dumb...

And srsly Hat I like you but again you have no room to talk about anything needing to be removed or not balanced when you your self walk around stealthing with the deadliest blessed item in the game.... SUPER DRAGON!!!

15. Turtle

Turtle Guest

Thanks for clearing up nothing Hat, seems more like a cry post then a here's how we are going to fix the situation post.

16. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It seems the situation is fixed as we had 2 hours of super pvp last night!

All gear was sold/traded back and we acted, for a moment, like adults!(some game)

I say let the good times roll!!

the only thing missing last night was KOC, only Speedy was lurking about (giving faction gear back!! thxs)

to quote Ringo Starr...

"peace and love, peace and love"

17. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Well I would have been there for the PVP but sadly my girls mom is still going through a hard time with Cancer and I have been at the Hospital most of the day :(

18. Would you call a Greater Dragon a "normal" pet?

19. Black magick

Black magick Guest

Please, keep this kind of thing to yourself. It makes no sense whatsoever.

20. I think most of you dont understand the problem...

The problem is the GAP between faction gear and crafter gear.

faction suits are so powerfull that once lost, the faction member does not feel like he/she is capable of pvp anymore, and people not in factions dont stand a chance
    (this is not true, but people seem to feel it is)

really the way to fix it is to make it easier to obtain some more powerfull gear,

some things like making crafting magic gear easier (imbuing anyone?)
    making getting ruinics easier
    making faction gear not bound to the player, but maybe bound to the faction, or even wearable by anyone but with reduced power if you are not in the item's faction.

21. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Now this is an interesting post. For in reality this is almost identical to what everyone not in factions wants.

Here you say, make it easier to get more powerful gear (to close the gap), or making imbuning easier/stronger to close the gap.

Now can I ask you this....what is the difference between making stronger gear for everyone, or nerfing down faction arties. Does this not close the gap aswell?

Look at it this way, everyone used to PvP with GM armor. Now its all about faction arties. Now I do no play factions as of the moment. I used to, but I have to get setup for factions before I re-enter (been gone for many years). So although some will rant I have no valid opinion because I dont play. Either way, I have played. I know the implications of being in factions.

I think we should all go back to GM gear myself. Now although this will never work with seige bless like it should. Since someone can get a real arty wep, or high end wep and bless it. But really why does everyone need to have 70s in every resist, and a wep with over 50% DI, 40+ SSI, 10+ HCI etc etc etc.

2 Hit kills, thats reason behind it really. So if everyone ran dumbed down weps, and regular armor, would it not be near the same? I know since you all have this power you dont wanna give it up. But be mature about it, and look at whats the best intrest of the shard, and the last scrap of PvP that is left.

22. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie

So you not this guy? Hattori Hanzo

23. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

24. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

25. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

Not just crafter gear... but Monster loot too.

Crafters should get runics at a much higher rate than they currently do... and high end items should drop more often and on more mobs.

I'm so glad not everyone in this thread is completely uo-stupid.

26. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

Your such a ---------->:dunce:

27. Turtle

Turtle Guest

Actually Elmer I'm not sure you would understand it. You risk nothing by never leaving a house and when you do you play a character that can smokebomb. Typical of you to call out someone without looking in the mirror though so no big shock here.

28. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

QFT

29. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Because we are still trying to get the devs to make monsters loot so uber? Ya we must be UO-Stupid... Seriously BR you never have & never will be a factor in or around pvp. hell I dont even play uo anymore and I show my face more on siege than you. Once every 3 motnhs should top ya...

Storytime?

Prove me wrong.

30. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

:rant2::rant2::rant2::rant2::rant2:

31. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni TnT/TnA

The response in this thread is exactly as I expected. I'll address a couple things out of respect for those who posted, even if I disagree with them or their post was an attack on me.

1st - This is a cry thread. My tears are for all the time lost over such a stupid addition to our shard.

2nd - Many of you miss the silliness of your comment about me being a tamer. I went a very long time in a full artie suit before I lost any faction gear. I have spent very little on these items (about 80k silver from stash I had before the items even came out and a little gold from a couple buybacks). I run a template made for farming silver. When I run a full artie suit I can survive even longer than I normally can in my overpowered template with the overpowered pet. So, I gain as much from wearing the items as anyone else, lose fewer items, and can replace them with silver faster.

Finally – I did offer a solution; get rid of the faction arties on Siege.

P.S. for any dumbass that says I (or anyone else for that matter) don’t have any right posting on Stratics about any subject I (we) wish (within the board rules)... grow up, you sound childish.

32. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

Now make sure you dont call a certain select few out to hard!
    They will fill the need to go in game and verbally degrade and threaten your family.

Thats how low some on this shard have stooped.

But I commend you for being civil