1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

TirNua is Sold!

Discussion in 'TirNua Stratics Forums' started by Gilly, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Gilly

Gilly Guest

This sounds like good news for the team....but what about the players of TirNua?

There seems to be some question about the future of TirNua as a game on the TirNua forums. Is this shades of TSO/EALand all over again?:sad3:

2. Rieley

Rieley Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Gilly

I heard about this and ran to the boards for more information. On a blog was reading TirNua may become a download? Will you continue to post here any new info regarding this?

My thoughts are, not only did EA lose the best team it ever had, it lost a lot of paying customers. Luc, Lee and the DEV team took their knowledge elsewhere. And tons of EA customers went with them. Now, they take their project even further, RockYou should be able to give them even more support. I can't play facebook games or Tirnua would be my game. Luc's background are games like Ultima Online and TOS. We know what that team can do, remember the last six months of TOS/EAland? To me, the most exciting news is "the team went with Tirnua".

This could be interesting, the team and no EA! A downloadable version. I'm seeing a future here. Oh...one more thing, regarding "shades of TSO/EAland" that was EA, not the DEV team, right? So???

Thanks for the update.

Thoughts
    Willow from JP

****This sounds like good news for the team....but what about the players of TirNua?

There seems to be some question about the future of TirNua as a game on the TirNua forums. Is this shades of TSO/EALand all over again?****

3. Gilly

Gilly Guest

The Team just posted an update:

It is a relief to hear this, even if it means not as many updates, until they are settled in.

Also, there are some extra opportunities and benefits from playing the game from Facebook, but it is not required. :)

I don't have a Facebook account, and I play the game directly from TirNua's web site, just by clicking the first log-in button.