1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Titles of interest...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Jhym, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Jhym

Jhym Guest

I have known that skill titles are set in a particular order...

however, I didn't know the order seems to change depending on the skills you GM.

I was working on GMing cooking, which I did last night. I already had GM carp, lumberjacking, alchemy, tinkering and bowcraft.

My title WAS bowyer.

Now, having GMed Cooking, I am GM Alchemist.

It makes me think it picks them at random when you GM something, but I know the devs had told us it was a set list, so I'm now confused.

Wouldn't this be so much easier if we could just PICK one, oh great devs?

Just askin.

:stir:

2. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Set the one you want to raise and lock the rest. This will be your displayed title.

3. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Lock all the skills except the one you wish to be displayed. Leave that one turned up even if it's at the skill cap.

4. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

However the highest will always show as your title, even if it's the highest by even .1

Obviously :p

5. Ahuaeyjnkxs

Ahuaeyjnkxs stranger diamond

sometimes ... .1 is too much...

6. Fink

Fink Guest

Cooking gives the title of Chef.
    Alchemy gives the title of Alchemist.

7. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

All skills of equal levels are displayed alphabetically if all are set locked or all are set gaining. If all but one are locked and that one is set to gain, even if it's at cap and can not actually gain, that one will be the displayed title.

8. Fink

Fink Guest

I wish we could choose any GM-or-better skill for our displayed title. Several of my characters have GM-only skills to show a title that can't exceed 100.0.

9. Ahuaeyjnkxs

You could, thats whats great about UO. Never hits the back of your mind, it's clean and undefileable, in my mind ;)

10. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

You and I both... because I have a character who is a GM Investigator.... and I love the title... I want to keep it... which unfortunately means he can't gain any skill past GM.

11. Mitzlplik_SP

Mitzlplik_SP Guest

Same here. Would be sweet to have a gump listing all GM or above titles available. Check the one ya want and wammo! Something else I would love to see is titles gotten by questing or killing. Like killin 1000 demons and get the Demon Slayer title. Or kill 1000 players and have the Bane of Society title,hehe. I mean so many other skills too like Gardening.I`d like to see a Green Thumb title of some sort as well.

Yes it would be a lil grindish but it`d be something that could be achieved over maybe a couple weeks.Just something ya know your working on here and there till ya finally get it. I`ve played several other games that have a pretty sizeable title system and in those games there was always ALOT of peaple questing or killing to get the title they want.

12. Ahuaeyjnkxs

I know a 14 year old kid who could script that up in about 15 minutes.