1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Tmaps now not so impressive.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by budman23, Apr 18, 2013.

1. budman23

budman23 Journeyman

Ok well im sure everyone with a thunter has tried out their maps since refinements.

You open your level 6 and bam you ALWAYS get 2 refinements (at least).

While this should make everyone happy you should also realize, apparently those guaranteed 2
    will take away from any pardons,sashes,mana phase orbs or other goodies you would of gotten.

The way it appears you are now getting very little from maps other than refinements.

This does not appear to be a very bright way to introduce them, by making them the only thing you will get from doing maps.
    Especially when they really arent being looked for by that many.

legendsguy likes this.
  2. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

I need a Cheese smiley!!!!! Must Insert one here now!

Anyway...
    If they just added them then that shouldn't take away from the contents.
    Unless something else changed.
    Sashes/Orbs/Shields all come on the same roll
    Pardons are a separate roll
    So are scrolls.
    Probably just made a new roll chance for the refinements

#2 Logrus, Apr 18, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  3. S_S

S_S Certifiable
    The Squirrel Empire

Today I got 3 refinement items, forged pardon, sash, and a pink scroll all from the same chest. I see no difference.

Zynia likes this.
  4. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

My Esteemed friend Logrus is quite correct. No change to the loot table so far with the excetion of the added refinements.
    Mesanna said there will be a change in loot coming... if time and situations permit..

5. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Then:

What? If your sure that everyone with a treasure hunter has tried out there maps to search for refinements, how can you be sure they really aren't being looked for by that many?

True, I am a very avid treasure hunter/fisher etc., but I have only done 3 maps simply because I can take out a Tokuno Merchant ship in the time it takes to take out a single lvl 6 map and get 5 refinements from the ships hold.

As far as not being looked for, I have a healthy refinement shop that has been hard to keep fully stocked.

6. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I haven't tried out tmaps yet but will do that next. Mibs were easy but all non refinement loot sucked ass. Pirates took me too long when you add in digging for saltpeter and all that malarkey.

7. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Pirates should be taking you no more than 8, 9 shots to do. Although if you are going to do ships for refinements, do the Tokuno Merchants, 8 shots, great loot, i mean tons of barbed leather and val ingots and usually 5 refinements, and most your ammo back from hold.

Today though I've went back to my maps for a break form ships, gotta switch it up every couple days :) All I can say is I love being a treasure hunter (even without refinements).

8. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Makes sense that Merchant ships would have better loot than Pirates, but kinda sucks for karma watchers ;P. I guess that's Humility? ;D

CovenantX likes this.
  9. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Please explain to me how you're sinking Merchant ships with only 8 shots ? I finally got an Orc Ship, and it takes 11 shots. It took 14 with my Brit ship.

10. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

A lot of practice. I have been pirating since HS came out and never stopped. You must remember, to even get close to 8 shots you must take out tokuno ship merchants, gargoyle ship merchants take more shots. pirate ships should take 8 shot also, occasionally 9 or 10.

Its all on how you manuver and attack. there are better strategies than mine too, but mine gets the job done. Its really something youd have to see first hand than explain on the boards.