1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

TNT ( Trashing faction item)

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Kage, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I really hate it that you guys have to act like that. I mean I really do not see the point in trashing the items. I never have...

I died earlier at Minax base to a large gank. It happens. Ru gave me a few items back and tells me I will see if I can get Krystal to sell them back or something.

Later he says Krystal trashed them. Okay I guess I have to go turn in my silver oh well.

But what really bothers me about this. I have never trashed one item from a member of TNT and I was one of the very first to sell it on my vendor. I pretty much locked the prices in dirt cheap.

And what bothers me even more is that when this stuff first came out I had a nice little one on one with Krystal in Skara Brae. I killed her ressed her and gave her all of her faction items back. But damn she just trashes mine...

Orny, Crystaline Ring, Heart Of Lion, Crimson Cinture, Primer of Arms...

I am sorry TNT but if your guild is not going to show the same respect too me. I am no longer going to be selling any items back when I get them.

2. GoodGuy

GoodGuy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Get over it, your items aren't trash immune simply because you don't trash others items. Wouldn't it be great if siege was fair?

3. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

4. Calibretto

Calibretto Guest

Yeah lets just treat everyone like ****. We could just **** talk and trash peoples **** till theres no one left on the shard. Then would you be happy? I fell sorry for you and how your RL must be that you need to come here to this game and just be a dickhead to everyone. Just like when my blessed bow dropped and you told me to get ****ed when I tried to buy it back. EVEN THOU I had never done anything to you, and always treated your guild with the upmost of respect. You still treated me like ****. What a sad little man you are.

I don't care for how Kage comes here and has to post about all his fights and talks ****. BUT! He does sell people thier stuff back cheap. Why? To keep people playing and to have someone to pvp against. Which I can respect.

5. GoodGuy

GoodGuy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

im not talking ****, thats why i told him to get over it, cause he is making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Stop riding your high horse Kage maybe you would understand why Krystal trashed your stuff.

6. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

Hey not all TNT trashes crap, i personally frown on it, i always sell them back

7. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

No I don't understand why she did it Goodguy. That is what I'm saying I sell everyones stuff back. And even gave her stuff back for free when I did kill her. Please explain to me as to why Goodguy.

8. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Some take this game very personally. Why? I dunno. I never loot anyone. Some of you make very personal attacks in game. *shrugs* I have heard it all in game.

We here on Stratics have no idea what really happens in game. That goes for us all. Mods, posters and lurkers.

We can not impose our sense of fairness upon others.

Just remember rule #1. On Siege, do not run with things you do not want to lose.

9. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

*sighs*

I'll read the whole thing when I've had breakfast & coffee.

But this is why I wanted people to do this on an individual basis rather than by guild.
    Ru will return stuff, so will Goron, but I knew Krystal wouldn't, and so should you have.

Krystal cuts stuff up, Krystal puts things in dead pets so they'll decay. That's how Krystal plays, and as far as I know, has always played. She's not going to change the way she plays the game just because the stuff you're wearing isn't the leather and monster loot she's used to.

I never expected her to sell back. You all know her at least as well as I do. I'm surprised you expected anything else.

Deal with this on an individual basis please?

10. Petra Fyde

oki I've cleaned up. Now if you actually think about this, and who you're talking about, you'll realise.

There was nothing personal - If she reads this I think Krystal might confirm that.

She didn't trash it because it was Kage's, she trashed it because that's what she does. Can no one but me remember that my suit went into my dead pet when she killed me?

Can we avoid the testosterone-fuelled personal attacks now?

11. Mr X

Mr X Guest

Did my last post make too much sense to leave up? I attacked nobody.

12. Petra Fyde

maybe I over-shot a bit, or read it wrong. I thought you were calling someone 'scum of the earth'.

13. HaHa

HaHa Guest

I havent really played much since these faction items came out and havent even seen much of this lag that everyone is talking about, but there are a few TnT that have always been decent towards me and from what I can tell on the boards there are a few we should look out for when we get their stuff. Elvis, Ru, Sprago, Goron , Tide, and Krystal has given me stuff back(dorry if I forgot any of you). Why she didnt do it to Kage I dont know why and think its a bit messed up since he did give hers back. (last week Tide got me in a 1 v 1 ,which seriously dropped my jaw IRL, and then ressed me and sent me on my way with my 2 mill suit)
    Do bear in mind though that a TnT member did get my gloves when I forgot to rebless them, I still havent forgot nor forgave on that incident, but i wouldnt come down on the whole guild cause of that one person.

14. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I have clearly posted that I would likely sell or trade items back if/when I loot them and the more likely scenario is that I'd probably give them to a guildmate who sells/trades back on a regular basis.

Now having said that, I have difficulty understanding how you can pass judgement, Cal, on those who have chosen not to sell items back. Our equipment has been cut up and tossed on the ground for YEARS. It doesn't matter whether its just GM armor, its the principle of it and you are conveniently forgetting about that, not to mention the fact that several members of KoC have gone so far as to post flat out lies on this forum, in an attemt to create drama within our guild. I won't be posting the details of that here, but I will say the person behind this tried very very hard to slander a particular member of my guild in this manor and I have RARELY seen anything more pathetic and twisted.

In my estimation, what all this trashing of armor amounts to, is the lack of respect that has been shown to us over the years and even moreso, recently. People tend to reap what they sow. And seriously? I have great difficulty understanding how you can even attempt to defend such actions and offer such people your respect. *shrugs*

All I can say at this point is that, IMO, we should treat others as we wish to be treated, but when you're on the receiving end of the poor behavior you have exhibited in the past, coming here and crying about someone doing the same to you is pointless. This applies to my guild members as well. :scholar:

15. Calibretto

Calibretto Guest

Kat I apprechiate how you said your side without being a rude. My post had nothing to do with your guild. But more goodguys attitude. If he just treated Kage that way I'd see it different. But he treats everyone in the same manner no matter how they treat him. How he handled my bow is a perfect example.

I too think Kage talks to much **** on these boards to people. Maybe thats his form of warfare. I do respect him for the fact that he tries to get peoples items back to them so they can keep pvping.

I think the main thing we need to do is quit trying to blame entire guilds for one person. Which is why we treat TnT like we do despite Goodguy. He just posted a week or two ago how he turned over a new leaf.

And I understand what lies your talking about. How some people turn this game around from fun to hate is sad really. And says alot about the world we live in.

16. Goron

Goron Guest

not sure if you saw my posts before they went *poof* but I can re-say this much without fear of more poofs:
    Look at the first page of the forums right now (and 8 hours ago when I first posted this). Now look at all the trash talking threads. Make note of who the OPs are. Notice you are not the OP of a single one. Notice that 99% of your guild are not the OPs of a single one. Notice that Kage and Speedy are the ONLY two people that are starting pointless **** talking threads?
    That is why She destroyed Kage's stuff.

At least last night there were FIVE threads started by Speedy or kage, all a pointless ****talking thread attacking some member of TnT (usually for doing something that 90% of k0c do too). And to make things even more interesting, the only positive pvp related thread was created by a TnT:)

17. Goron

Goron Guest

his ****talking has gotten more people to leave than his selling back items will ever get people to stay.

18. CroakerTnT

CroakerTnT Guest

I hate these new faction items.

1. they are stupidly blessed (is that fixed at least?)
    2. they can only be run by people with lots of kill points, meaning thieves or scripters, or just the very very good - thus either rewarding manipulation of game mechanics or just making the leet leet-er (is that a word?).
    3. they encourage scripting to farm silver

Thus, were I to ever have the strange condition of being able to kill someone that is wearing them and actually loot them, I'd definitely trash them.

19. Petra Fyde

You've not been reading much recently then.

No, they're not blessed. Hence the 'trash them/sell them back' debate.

Some will, some won't and some maybe will if they don't hate you too much.

20. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Petra- He means "blessed" in the sense that no one else can wear them. You can argue/debate the semantics of that all day long, but thats what he meant. If he cannot loot and use it, it may as well be blessed. Either way, he has no use for it.

21. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I agree with you that they never should have been put into the game.

Following your logic, you are trashing the items in protest of them being introduced into the game. I love that, and I think its a great way to protest. But if that is your reasoning, are you going to trash the items when you loot them from a fallen guildmate?

22. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

What KoC has been doing is giving them to fallen guildies, such as: In a battle where one of us dies and loses 3 pieces, but we kill 2 members of TnT and only manage to get 3 faction items off both the bodies, we give those 3 items to the guy who lost 3 so he can barter for them back.

23. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

As a side note, since I have not seen any of the new content in the last couple of months, are these new faction items identical in appearance to existing items? If they are, I'm just wondering how people can tell the old items that can be equipped and Siege blessed by anyone, from faction one-owner junk.

Also, doesn't it get confusing if you can actually loot items that are one-owner? I mean, if they don't have an ownership tag, it seems like a PvPer might have a bag full of that sort of stuff at the end of an evening, and how would they know what piece belongs to whom if they were inclined to sell or give it back? As I said, I am ignorant of the new stuff, and the snippets I have seen of posts here makes the mechanics unclear.

-Skylark

24. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

For Skylark

[​IMG]

25. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

So Goron you are saying it is becuase some of koc (Bo included) talk smack we dont get the option to buy back our stuff? OK what about the guys that dont talk crap? Guys like Super/Akuku they have told Bo that they are lucky to even get a 50% chance to buy back anything? So can Bo see where you logic is for these people. Let Bo guess these guys are guilty by assiociation, if that is the case than so are you.

26. Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the pic, Kage. :thumbsup:

I don't see why people would just throw the stuff away if it is identifiable...seems like you are just making it harder for your opponents to get geared back up to give you another fight in the future, which is what many of you PvPers CLAIM is what you like about PvP - the fight. You are also missing an opportunity for gear ransoming, which seems like it would add a bit of fun, not to mention profit to the act of looting stuff only the original owner can use. Medieval knights used to do that sort of gear ransoming in tournaments I think.

/shrug

-Skylark

27. Goron

Goron Guest

I laid it out much more clearly last night, but my post must have gotten sick and went home. I'll try again now in a way that should be immune to the *poof*'s.

I feel the reason that Krystal trashed Kage's stuff is because Kage does a lot of mean trash talking on the boards. At the time of his OP last night, there were five trash talking threads started by Kage or SPeedy. There were zero threads by any other k0c. There were zero threads by any TnT. As such, I feel this is a valid reason for someone to not like Kage or Speedy. I would not hold it against someone to trash their stuff, purely because they probably deserve it- they are very mean on the boards, so why should someone be nice to them in game?

Kage talked about 'showing the same respect' in his OP- well, maybe he forgot about all the hostile and mean threads he started (heck, many are STILL on first page right now) that he directed towards other people. Maybe if he showed respect in the first place, that respect would be returned to him. Just because he sells back faction items does not cancel out his absolute meanness on the forums.

Sure, you talk smack too Bo, but not in the same way Kage and Speedy do. I don't see THREE threads created by you all on the first page of the forum that spew hate and pointless smack.

I also made note in my post last night, that I have sold back every faction item I have gotten my hands on- and I intend to sell back every faction item I get my hands on- no matter who's they are... BUT, I understand why some people may wish to NOT sell back some people's faction items.

Also, you mention Super and Akaku getting shafted- you talk about me assuming guilt by association... Once again: I sell back to anyone, if you choose to make me guilty by association, so be it, I don't really care.

But just remember, some of your guild have been playing the guilt by association game for a long time now. I still can't believe Speedy trash talked Tide, and then after being asked to keep Tide out of it because Tide doesn't play that game, Speedy pushed it even further and trash talked him more... Why don't you try and reel in your own guild mates and set a good example before you start playing the blame game on other people. As far as I'm concerned, I have absolutely zero problem with people trashing Kage's and SPeedy's items- they probably deserve it. And since they are so good at playing the guilt by association game (and it seems you are too, because you were talking about making me guilty by association even tho I have sold back to Akaku, Super AND you) why shouldn't TnT play it right back?

Try 'manning up' yourselves before you accuse other people of taking the low road.

This is the exact same situation as tamers... I remember when k0c were sooo self-righteous about tamers and accused other people of playing them and declared they were so weak and bad.... and now even Kage is playing a tamer lol! I STILL don't play tamer... I stick to my word and my convictions.
    Now the same thing is happening with faction items. Kage started out so self righteous selling all the items back cheap and denouncing those that trashed items, but now he gets slighted and he takes the low road, once again abandoning his convictions (strong guy eh?)- threatening to trash other peoples. Well, I am still selling items back. I stick to my word and my convictions.

Its just a game, I have no reason to get all bent out of shape and become my own enemy. I'm playing how I want to play. If you feel the need to perpetuate the problem like Kage is, then go ahead and trash all TnT stuff you get. I'll keep doing my best to keep it civil, whether anyone else is or not.

28. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Well you're right about this having the chance to add a bit of fun and also the opportunity to show a little respect to ones opponents. The thing is, it all boils down to that last bit.. "respect".

Unfortunately, there are a few opponents have taken just about every opportunity to show disrespect on the field and on the forums. This includes:

-Cutting up armor
    -Naming pets, mounts, parrots rude names in an effort to make fun of members and/or RL situations going on in their lives [and no, it isn't just "The -King" who has done this]
    -Extremely foul ICQ messages after they've been killed in game
    -Dropping off weapons in front of Krystal's house, engraved with foul/obscene -messages directed at our members
    -Spewing obscenities at various guild members
    -Spewing hateful remarks about the RL death of a TnT member's mother... which I cannot imagine anything more hateful [again, these comments not only coming from "The King" ]
    -Not to mention trashing and posting screenshots to this forum, of our armor being trashed

Myself and a few others have been called just about every name in the book. A great deal of the behavior exhibited definitely falls under harrassment, at the very least. What you see here on the forums is NOTHING compared to the BS that goes on in game.... and these same people have the nerve to come here and complain about a few TnT members trashing their armor. If I behaved like that in game, I'd expect nothing less.

On the other hand, honorable opponents will likely enjoy having their items returned, sold or traded back to them.

29. Krystal

Krystal Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I love how people come here crying like thier all innocent. maybe i should let everyone play my female, red pk then u'd all get it, stead of judging me. I have returned countless blessed items. i used to always return kage's stuff till he started acting like his guildmates. there's only like 4 KOC I'd return **** to and they know who they are.

30. Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran

I certainly despise that kind of petty, immature, and hurtful behavior, there is no justification for it, and I know that it goes on in many games that allow PvP, and not just towards TnT. I just happen to feel that bad behavior is not the best answer to the bad behavior of others.

-Skylark

31. Goron

Goron Guest

I agree :)
    The problem is most people who claim to be angels are in reality just self righteous punks. We'll see who keeps selling items back even tho some people are trashing theirs soon enough- then we can decide who the "angels" were:D

32. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I agree with you Skylark, to an extent. In this particular case, I feel its a good opportunity to teach and learn some hard life lessons. It may be a game, but there are definitely opportunities to learn here.... for all of us.

33. Scuzzlebutt

Scuzzlebutt Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I'm one of them, right? :mf_prop:

34. HaHa

HaHa Guest

Just 4 huh? So in other words krys doesnt like alot of KOC? I could send a few of our guys over to smooth things over in the tnt vent , or in other words id be giving krys some KOC. Hopefull krys and the rest of the tnt enjoy my KOC because i think overall we are a bunch of good people.

*smiles*

35. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

We are a good bunch,

People need People to hate! For whatever the reason HaHa for whatever the reason..........

36. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

You think YOU get bad ICQ messages? I had 2 members on 2 occasions of TnT threaten to kill me IRL.

37. Avia TaKier

Avia TaKier Guest

Deal with this on an individual basis please?[/QUOTE]

Im afraid I cant agree with you here. If your guildie is doing bad things and the guild cant make him change their ways as far as I am concerned then they are just as guilty if they stay in the same guild or dont but the guilty one out.

You are only as good as the folks you surround yourself with.

Guilt by association.

You choose to associate yourself with this behavior then you are condoning it.

38. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

Im afraid I cant agree with you here. If your guildie is doing bad things and the guild cant make him change their ways as far as I am concerned then they are just as guilty if they stay in the same guild or dont but the guilty one out.

You are only as good as the folks you surround yourself with.

Guilt by association.

You choose to associate yourself with this behavior then you are condoning it.[/QUOTE]

Who are you talking about? which person?

39. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

I have to be one of these 4.. :love:

40. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Oh look! The spin doctor is here. Big surprise. rolleyes:

41. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

*laughs and locks* Ask around.

Thread Status: