1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

TnT

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Lord_Puffy, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

This thread is for the people Speedy Claxton "pwns" throughout the weekend so he doesnt have to make a thread for each person...

So speedy once you kill them like 1 on 50 like you do just post in here so you dont gotta fill the whole front screen with threads about who ya owned and who ran from ya.. :stir:

2. GoodGuy

GoodGuy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

awesome puffy at least someone is trying to make him feel like somebody cares! I feel bad for speedy, he really thinks people want to fight him and that anybody has to "prove" theirselves against him.

In my mind, speedy hasn't proved one damn thing on this shard, other than he is your perfect replacement in KOC Puffy.

3. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Guest

actually, speedy, (no, I'm not his guildy) is attempting something that is beyond the scope of many players. Not you, necessarily, but some.

He is trying to play, win, lose with style, and acknolwdege his opposition with honor.
    We all play for fun, though I have to seriously wonder what some of us consider fun. We should respect, honor, and give "face" (no low jokes please- if you don't understand, explaining to you wouldn't accomplish anything) our opponents. I watch these boards and read the posts. I see where the people are going. Speedy is trying to be an honorable player, to recognize and respect the person he fought/killed/died to.

If more people did this, the shard would be a better place to play, and might- MIGHT- actually encourage more people to try it out.

It isn;t a big deal to lose- everyone does it sometimes, and on "any given Sunday" yada yada yada etc

but we don't have to disrespect or dishonor anyone whether we win or lose. Treat the other player the way you'd like to be treated. You might be more inclined to get a fair fight in exchange, and a fair deal if you lose.

People complain on these boards constantly about where Siege has gone, where it has come from, and where it is going. Everyone who plays is in control of this. Every one of us. Even down to the newest crafter.

It all has to start somewhere.

Don't acknowledge your opponent because he deserves it, or earned it, or merited it. Do it because it honors YOU, and might encourage more people to play Siege (there-by giving you more victims).

I recall a small message by a renowned comic-writer of ww2. He served in the arenas of action, and though he didn't fight, he watched it all and made many "commentary" comics about the action.

The people who had seen the most action and had "been there and done that" were the quiet ones in the back of the bar. They were never the loud, obnoxious ones looking for a fight. They had seen Hell, lived to tell about it, and given their input about it. They had nothing to prove.

Be like those people. If you have something to prove.....................................................well then............................................................................................................then you obviously don't have faith in yourself and your abilities. You aren't trying to prove yourself to the general population- you're trying to prove yourself TO yourself, cuz you are just lacking in the self-esteem department. Compensating a little.

Every person that posts on here like a child hurts Siege, reveals how lacking in self-respect and self-esteem they are, and does nothing to contribute to this game or shard.

Flame me or this post all you want. These words are straight and true.

4. GoodGuy

GoodGuy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

If Speedy actually came to siege and tried to be honorable from the begining i would of respected that. But he was a gz hugging, trash talking bluebie, who didn't give an ounce of respect.

I've seen what he is capable of, and i can already tell what type of gamer he is. Which is why i know its not even worth my time to try and show him respect.

The fact you're standing up for him just goes to show how clueless you are as to whats happening in siege pvp.

5. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

GoodGuy with all respect, Speedy was recruited to KoC because he is a good pvper, a team player, and has heart, he will fight anyone anytime anyplace at any moment, win loose or draw, of course hes competative like many and wants a Win, but doesnt anyone, Hes a good person and likes to PvP, Im glad we have him on our side,

Fudd

6. HaHa

HaHa Guest

Ok, turn gz huggin into house hiding and bluebie into wanna be pvper and you just hit yourself perfectly.

7. Monolith

Monolith Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

How much heart does it take to play UO???? I'm confused.....we are talking about a game right??????

8. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Guest

I am not debating tactics or strategy here. On does what one has to do to win, regardless of the game. I am talking about the way we treat each other, the way we COULD treat each other, and the way we SHOULD treat each other.
    That includes you, brother good-guy.
    Everyone should receive that modicum of respect and recognition. Whether it is earned, merited, or deserved. Just because it should be.

Some one told me once, who-ever it was, that some-one had to earn their respect.

Bah.

BAH i say!! EVERYONE deserves respect!!!

It is our GOD-given right to have respect.

However, that same GOD have mercy on the soul of the individual that LOSES the respect of his or her others, after the fact. After a person LOSES the respect of his/her peers, LORD how hard it is to win it back.

But in my own opinion, everyone of us, you- his' theirs ours' no-ones- deserves respect from the get-go. Not because we earned it, or deserved it, or merited it. but just because everyone of us should have it from the word go, because we are all equal under the sun.

This is just my own opinion, and like all opinions, we all have one and they al stink etc etc.

But for pities sake- shouldn't we all recognize each other and their own right to be here?!?!

Whether in game or in RL, we are all the same. What-ever you would like, expect, or demand, lease give it to the other person as well.

9. Monolith

Monolith Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

To be given respect, one must give respect first.

10. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Guest

Please don't assume, that whatever he might have posted is the sum total of who and what he is.

I have seen some posts of yours that are, well, maybe less that laudable.

Yet, we have spoken on pm's. I have seen, perhaps, a side of you that everyone on siege hasn't seen?

You are respectful, and actually caring about the other players. You seemd to care about the direction of the game and the shard.

Suppose, maybe just suppose, that others might actually also carry the same noble directives?

It is very difficult, I am very sure, to maintain and uphold any kind of higher ideals or goals for this game, when people are baiting and biting on you.

BUT that is a personal issue of theirs. What you are, who you are, what you do- will NEVER play into any picture of what they propose. ONLY you can make that reality.

The realiity that I see from some of the players here on siege, is much higher than what we all assume it to be. We are greater than the sum of our parts. We are all greater that what we expect and demand from each other.
    We are, and can be, what we would like this shard to be. All that has to happen is to let pride and expectations to slide just A LITTLE BIT. We are all waiting for the nother guy to blink first. Screw it- just blink and move on. The game on the whole, will be better for all of us in the long run.

The guy that blinked first- he isn't the weakest one, the loser. He's the winner that put his own expectations and goals aside for the whole. He/she put his/her expectations aside for the good of the shards and the games, which ultimately will serve their owns'.

People fail to see- when the game wins- when the shard wins- THEY win, whatever style their game play might happen to be.
    The individual that sees that- puts their immediate goals aside- to pursue the long range goals of who-ever their character might be-

WOW- they do indeed get the big picture.

They do indeed win UO.

11. GoodGuy

GoodGuy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

i wish everybody on siege played with the purpose of making it a better shard, and i do care about the direction of siege and its overall gameplay for everybody.

So when a scrub appears and tries to put up and image that they deserve respect, when in reality they are a scrub and know it, it really makes me care less about siege and the direction of siege because there is no directing asshats who just want to be scrubs.

12. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Guest

Once again, I must present my opinion that I realize no one cares about.

Cochise- a person in my tribe. He had most of his family killed, tortured, starved. His people were killed, tricked, butchered for bountys, or perhaps for no reason at all.

wow- I wonder what any of his ambitions might have been, such a person in such conditions?

With people that considered him lower than scum, lower than any human consideration?

What would possibly be his thoughts and directives?

To be grateful, and respectful

Words to live by.

13. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

GoodGuy you do nothing but accuse others of using hacks because of your short comings in this game, and you care about Siege? Some days I don't even join in on killing you because I don't want my name slandered in your make believe stories.

14. Black magick

Black magick Guest

You mean like yourself?

15. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Guest

ah, good-guy. I actually love you and respect you a great deal. These words of yours hurt.

Never judge or define a person by what they have done. Where they have been, or what they have said.

Man, would I be in deep brown doo-doo if that were all that could be said- the once all and be all.

Please, judge a person by who they are today. What they say today. I live in America. Should I judge the Germans over WW2? (even tho I have german plus jew blood in me?)

Should I judge the whites or the indians over the atrocities that occured in america? While I have both white and apache in me?

I have both english and scotch in me- who then should IO hate?

We all live and grow. In the buddhist philosophy we are candles- not a single occurance, but a process. We live, grow, die, and learn.

Let's judge each other by who we are today as we face each other, and not by who we were yesterday. Lord knows, we actually might be responsible for the other persons reactions and expectations. Let's give them something to be pleseantly surprised about.

16. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I don't have a problem with Speedy's posts myself. There is not alot of smack talk and it reads more like a somewhat biased reporter giving a story; sorta like msnbc reprting on Obama.

17. Idico

Idico Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Tib, only thing I find interesting about this thread is that Puffy, a non-UO player, somehow tries to cause drama on the boards. I rarely even respond to some of the dribble we see on these boards. If people stopped responding to silly posts, smack talk, etc, I think they would become bored and slow down (or stop). It is hard to do at times, but it is just sad that people who have quit this game for "good" continue to post silly comments and try to start drama. I know when I leave for "good," I will rarely check these boards, let alone post anything outside of a "hi all" post.

18. Sir Daniel

Sir Daniel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

19. HaHa

HaHa Guest

qft

20. HaHa

HaHa Guest

So much hatred in such a sad little man, i pity you.

21. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

"Some Guy's play with there head, and sure, you need to be smart to be number one in anything you try. But most important, you've got to play with your heart. If your lucky enough to find a guy with alot of head and alot of heart, he'll never come off the field second.

__Vince Lombardi (One of the greatest NFL coaches in History)

But I guess Football is just a game to.

22. Goron

Goron Guest

When you play for free or fun yes- when you are getting millions of dollars a year- no:mf_prop:

23. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

Heart can be applied to almost anything you do that involves competition, where theres gain and loss.

24. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

well said!

25. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Puffy did the exact thing I thought of doing after seeing similar posts within a day. As a non-TnT/KoC member there are far too many "I gotcha!" threads, and they all end up the same. Maybe a stickied "I pWn3d you!" thread would be in order.

26. Goron

Goron Guest

[​IMG]
    That's my NCAA ring. I use that to establish my credibility on my next statement:
    I'll take skill, experience, ruthlessness, and a want to win over heart any day:)

Thats why koc does so well on the field so often. You guys have skill, a lot of you are very experienced, you guys are ruthless, and you play to win.

Whether ya'll claim otherwise or not- you DO run when outnumbered and only actively attack with an advantage (you use terms like 'grouping up' rather than house hiding). You bring the best weapons to the fight every fight (seriously, I have not seen koc without dismounters and tamers in at least two weeks now). You use the most efficient tactics every time and withdraw if things go poorly. You guys play hardcore because the win really matters to you.

Now, I will be the first to admit that those are the smart things to do- if you want to win at all costs. That's where we differ. I play UO for fun. If I don't become the bestest pwnsomous pvper in the game its no big deal to me... I'll fight without advantage, I'll die, whatever. But that's because UO is just a game for me... I just enjoy the game. I don't train my bird to GM every time it dies- cuz I don't really care. I have 14,000 bods but I don't fill them to get the best rewards so I can make uber stuff- cuz I don't really care. I don't get my rot gains everyday- cuz I don't really care. I STILL have not finished Goron or Tyrion (my original ownership characters), and I still have not bought a 120 resist scroll with strange- you guessed it- cuz I don't really care... I am willing to play the game without every advantage possible. I won't go out of my way to make myself the best.

That ring above was different... I didn't 'play nice' for that. That 'mattered' to me. That was 'rl' to me... I cared. I did everything in my power to get it. You guys should know the feeling- that's how you guys play UO:gun:

27. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

I'll take skill, experience, ruthlessness, and a want to win over heart any day:)

How does someone gain skill?-->through experience

How does someone gain ruthlessness--->countless battles

How does someone gain the want to win---> through defeat

How does someone gain heart?------> You dont! you either have it or Dont

Ill take heart anyday

28. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

29. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Have you ever tooken the time to sit down and actually get to know each person on a 1 on 1 basis before you make a very bold judgement like that... I know for a fact that not everyone in k0c plays for just the win. They actually play with each other for the same reasons you guys do. To have fun and pass time... I just dont see how you got all of that out of them being good in a game... I know for a fact they play for the same reasons you do. So I guess your the same as them in the long run, but you may just word it differently.

Edit- and you do have the same options as those players to play with good gear? You do understand being the most hated guild on the shard normally comes with every single other guild/player attacking you at any inopritune momemt... hence the good gear... You can take it how you want but Im letting you know you are completely wrong from my own personal experience playing with most of them. I bet ya 90% of them really dont even care when they die or if they win/lose/ or draw. So, I guess Im just confused where you got all that out of them using the best weapons/tactics avaiable in an online game that you have the same oppritunity to use. Just because you choose not to use it doesnt make you any better than someone else. IRL or in game. Thats just my 2 cents.

30. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Nice post puffy.

31. Goron

Goron Guest

Honest question, and I'd like an honest answer:
    Do members of k0c call each other on the phone when outnumbered to win a fight?

32. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I will answer that one ... No we do not... Back before the Firm alliance where you guys rolled around 15-20 members a night average... did we think you guys called each other? No we did not.

Yes there are a select few who are good friends and have played together for several years and we willl call each other from time to time during the day but not about UO just to see how each other is doing and other normal rl activities...

People who I will call HaHa lives about 5 minutes from me and was the guy who brought me to UO... blame him :(

Sir Daniel known him for several years now almost like a brother to me...

Elmer same as Daniel...

The only guys from UO that I call.

33. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

That's because the rest of us turned you down. Say no to teh phone sex!

34. Goron

Goron Guest

I call BS Kage...

35. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Keep trying Goron one day you will actually be able to tell when someone is being sarcastic...

36. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

Nice quotes, but learn to take a joke. :)

37. Goron

Goron Guest

eh, my bad. I guess I give Elmer too much credit then... When he starts statement with "Seriously" then proceeds to speak highly of his guild I assume he is well, being serious. Then when HaHa confirms my statement with no sign of sarcasm, foolishness, or poop jokes, I assume he is telling the truth as well...
    ...but now that I know he was joking, I guess that means he was joking when he said the good things about koc too? or, was he just joking about a fraction of the sentence? Thanks for the warning guys, now I know to never trust a koc- cuz Elmer himself doesn't.

38. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

See theres your problem bro,....Your assuming again....you arnt allowed to do that dont you remember thats where all the problems start man.....lol
    Relax and quit thinking, just have fun!!

How bout you enjoy your game play and we will enjoy ours, we do not need to defend ourselves and our personell actions to you, Just lighten up man and have some fun, you take all this way to seriously.....By the way Kage! gimmie a call I gotta tell ya something, Goodguy is standing outside his house right now and is flagged so lets get him.....lol now you can use that in a quote statement and take that outta context also, seems you have fun with that, so ill give you some more ammo.........lol

I believe that you got guilded with the wrong guild. If you were with us, you would prolly have a riot, we have the funnest vent on Siege and I KNOW THIS FOR FACT! Ive been in all the major ones, and we are the most relaxed, funny, cracking joke's like crazy, we have our ups and downs like everyone, but this guild is not only the best pvpers on the shard, but were the best looking, the funniest, all the chicks dig us, TnT/ To/ Jsv and everyone else wants to be like us, how are we not supose to love ourselves like we do........Were awsome baby!!!

See How excited we get when we kill a Helpless (New)--------------->[​IMG]

39. Goron

Goron Guest

Eh, I have fun where I'm at. I don't need to be the best to have fun:)
    And if I was the best, I'd prolly do as D did- go solo, or help out the weaker pvpers in an attempt to elevate the level of play.

For all your previous: "Hey, TnT, we are not recruiting you" threads, you know just as well as I that I have never asked to be in k0c. I prefer facing a challenge. Thats why I play Goron as a mage- I suck as a mage, a lot- but its fun so I'll stick to it (one of these days I may actually kill someone too).

40. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

OMG!

An I hate Speedy post!

LOL

41. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

Cmon man? you know you wanna be with the cool kids, everyone loves us, just admit it! once you get it outta ya system you'll feel better,:grouphug:

Glad to see your easing up and relaxing, and having some fun, we have fun also, we have alot more fun when were winning of course....Luv you Man!

42. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

No problem here is your honest answer, when I was playing with them and a member of k0c the only person who called anyone would have to have been haha, he also got people #'s so he could send pics to people...

But as far as I recall, I do not remember anyone calling anyone when outnumbered to win a fight.

and Goron I wasnt trying to start any crap with ya I think alot of your posts make sense I just couldnt agree with ya on that one. And wanted to explain from a non bias'd pov from personal experience. 90% of the guild were/are great people.

43. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

yea elmer and m also sent me a winter hat, fleece jacket, and headset... Does that also make them only care about the win?

I think that right there shows you what kind of people they truely are... And M, the halloween candy was good too!

I guess what I'm just saying you guys are at each other's throats more and more lately... Why cant you guys just agree to disagree and stop having the same arguements? I dont remember siege ever being this way. JUST GO PLAY THE GAME AND WORRY ABOUT YOURSELVES AND YOUR GUILD, Not what everyone else is doing... Thats why guilds are created are they not? To play with other people and allow yourself the #'s to defeat/conquer some of the games harder places.

44. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

And how did you get that from what I posted, did you go taking my words out of context again BR? Figures... :popcorn:

Where was the word "hate" even located in the post... and its kind of hard to hate someone you've been friends with for what 8 years off n on?

45. Goron

Goron Guest

I never felt like you were... I think you've hung out with some of the hot top koc too much- I don't explode over the little things:)
    Well, I hate to say it (I really do, I wish the old days were back) but your guild is not the same anymore... So I can't really take your words as gospel... I mean, check it- koc is now the number one tamer AND stealth guild on shard... You used to run a tight nit group of hardcore mostly mage pvpers... Now the only serious mage of theirs I can think of is... Speedy. Oh and Akaku.

You guys used to be good- now they are just gimp:sad3:
    It seems like you were the keystone keeping all their self respect together... now most of em have sold out to the dragon or egg bomb. Oh well:)

46. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

:sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2:

47. Goron

Goron Guest

well, at least you have maned up and stopped denying it.

48. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

No I told u the reason I was on my tamer let me say it again... MY MAGE IS UNDER ALACRITY.... you just are to busy crying to listen...And you guys run plenty of tamers sadly u are all horrible on them accept for D...

Big D only meber of you guild/alliance that can actually play it...

Neo- Horrible on tamer
    Hattori- Horrible on tamer
    One Eye - Horrible on tamer
    Televerth- horrible on tamer
    Maynard - Horrible on tamer
    Ms La Suzan - Horrible on tamer
    I am sure there is more just do not feel like listing them again and again and again...

49. Goron

Goron Guest

lol, hey, the numbers don't lie. You can claim we run all the tamers you want, but in the end, your tame/lore %s are higher than ours. Period.
    And since you are so familiar with all our tamers, tell me, how many did we have on the field yesterday? who were they? How about the day before? Day before that? How about when you took the sigils yesterday? Surely we had all 999999 of our tamers out then, right? lol... Oh how about when we came back to play around Yew, we had 999999999999999 tamers then too?
    And you guys had NONE right? lol...

oh, here kage
    this is me->:sad2:

:lol:

50. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

You may be right, I dont play to know what is going on in game... And if I believed everything I read here Id have to be pretty crazy :stretcher:. As far as I can tell the #'s have never lied when it comes to skills... So I may have to agree with ya on that... I never really didn't it was just the last thing I didnt agree with. Which we have already discussed and moved on from...

Now back to your normally scheduled posting " the same ole, you had #'s no u did, no u had tamers, no u did!!! "

Someday... maybe...