1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

To make Siege more fun... One thing.

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by kelmo, Dec 26, 2008.

1. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

What is your one thing? Just one... Let's see where this goes.

Me? I want brewing added as a sub skill or a skill. I don't know why that seems so fun to me. It has got to better than flowers, eh?

It is the role player trying to come back I suppose.

I would love to reopen the Pub and see where it goes. Why not just do it?

Inspiration. *nods*

Brewing as a way to a means...

What is your one thing?

2. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

include orcs as a playable race...give meeb sum lubbin!!!!

3. majorjc

majorjc Guest

Make it so that we can charge our runebooks with Gate scrolls. Then we can just hit the blue button and open a gate.

4. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

To make Siege more fun, we can start trying to look at ourself, how do we effect others fun.

Conflicts and wars are a good thing for Siege, as long we show each others some respect and try to keep them free of grief and hate.

The last time I had seen players quit, because they are tired of what Siege had become.

We keep blaming others, saying it's that and that guilds fault.

An old word say something like "do to others as you would be done by"

Some have to start to break the evil circle.

The funny thing with karma is, what you do to others, you get 4 times back, that be good as well as evil.

If each guild tryed to share some fun, even when out killing others, the shard would be a better place.

No, I'm not saying, make Siege to Trammel, but a little more RP would not hurt and trashing a players stuff to grief, should only be done if he really deserve it.
    Looting because you need the items or the money from reselling or selling back are ok but looting, rez killing, mount killing just to grief is bad for the shard, special if it's a young unguilded char who have hard to replace the items.

Now what can EA do:

Factions items: They seem to make alot trouble. Now I don't play faction so I don't really know why.

I always found it wrong, that some items can only be used of faction. Powerful items should not be a carrot to make players join faction.
    The fact that they are bonded to one person also seem to give alot problems.

Maybe it would be best to changes the items we already got to normal curced items and then stop the sale of factions items.

RoT: I don't think RoT is the problem but the fact, that we only have one char slot. Sometimes players want to changes their template and the char become useless in PvP for weeks.
    If we had 2 char slots, we would be able to train the skills on the second char and still have a useful char to play. Then when a skill are done, we could switch it to the PvP char.

3 and 5 x prices: Do we really have a need for them now? Can't we just get rid of them?
    They mess up vendor fee, boat prices, classic house prices, prices for the kit to make mounted fish and polar bears and make it to expensive to be a mage vs other new caster who get their spells for free.

Pets: Bonding of pets, that take no skills or little skills to use is ok, but upper pets like Rune Beetle and a few others should only bond if you use your Siege Bless on them.

I don't think Greater Dragons should be tameable on Siege or they should be cursed so you can't bond them.

Loot drop: I remember when players was hunting overland and the dungeons in Britainnia, now the loot is not worth it.

I don't ask for upper gear but a little tweak to the loot would be nice, not even a newbie will use the items that drop now and crafters have to do peerless to get importen items for crafting.

I would like to see harder monsters in Felucca and T2A have rare drop of this peerless resources and of cursed artifacts.

Runic Tools: I don't like to use days doing BoDs or heartwood quests to get runic tools, I play UO to interact with others.

I would like this tools to be craftable and the resources for them should be gained from something a crafter can do, maybe from a skilled crafter unrawing magic items or from mining, lumbering or skinning an animal/monster with a gm tailor.

It should still take alot of work to get the resources but it would be a better way than standing in your house or Heartwood doing quests

5. Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Barter Town

Tents.

Allow one per account in addition to your house. Tents have to be refreshed like houses used to be or they decay. Minimum storage. No privacy options. They're always public. (Containers are still private.)

Tents only available on Siege and not prodo.

:scholar:

6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Freyja I so much agree with your 'do as you would be done by'. It's the maxim by which I run my entire life, Real and virtual.

Sadly too many people seem to need to find their fun at the expense of other's. They put me in mind of the vandals who destroy public seating in our towns. It's not getting pk'd that upsets people, it's the way they're treated afterwards. I've been pk'd many times.
    On a good occasion I'll go find a rez, come back to my body, watch till my murderer has finished looting then, when given permission, retrieve what hasn't been looted. I'll often say something like 'that'll teach me to read posts when I'm mining'. On a good day I'll get back a cheery reply or maybe a *grins*.
    Some seem to feel the need to humiliate their victim, and that's what spoils not only the Siege experience, but the entire game. I wonder what a psychologist would deduce about their personality.

I'd like pets vs players to work on the same coding as that used for golems, minions etc. guard only. You can not command a pet to attack any of the constructs, it will only attack if its master/mistress is attacked. Since this coding already exists it wouldn't be too hard to implement I think, and would not, necessarily, need to be 'just for Siege', it could be general for all shards.

I have also, majorjc, wished for gate scrolls in my rune books, many, many times.

7. FrejaSP

Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I would love to see that, it would allow a new Siege player to have a place to drop loot and have spare items for hunt/gathereing but if he stop playing, it will decay.
    Maybe make the chest works like a community box, so resources can be deeded so it's easier to move to bank.
    Also allow 2 vendors in a tent.

8. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Move the Luna moongate 30 screens from the town (or burn it to the ground). New players don't know it is the hot spot for interaction.. they all start in Britain (aka a ghost town). Half of the reason why the old cities are dead is due to moongate distance, the other half due to shop convenience.

9. GoodGuy

GoodGuy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I want a duel pit where when you enter it, it records a log that says who entered the duel pit, how much was bet, who won the duel, and the date.

Would just be nice if we could look back in history and see who actually fighting who for what and who won so that when people talked **** about "ohh remember 2005 when i whooped your ass that time" you could be like "pfft if it aint on the stone dont even bring it up, look at my record in 2005 its 85% wins against all the top players" and there wouldnt be need for semantical bull**** of people trying to build and destory peoples reputation on these boards.

I really am sad there isn't a kill/death complete accurate record from the time you created your character. i know a lot of people here would talk a lot less **** if their actual record was around.

10. FrejaSP

I agree with moving the moongates away from Luna and Umbra.
    I also wish to see the guards removed from Luna, that would make a big changes to the fights there.

NPC vendors and minters near player towns

I would like to see a full set of NPC vendors, stable master and minter placed around the land to support player towns away from public gates.

Safe Haven really need that. Placed in the large guard ford at the desert, there are already healer vendors, we just need the rest. That would really help bringing back life to the town.

Small guard posts could have a minimal set of vendors, so you maybe had to find the blacksmith in one near the mountains and the tailor in an other one not far away

Also Malas could need this. GIL town do have a Inn and a Stable, but we need more like this around the land.

Guards: I don't think this new vendor groups should include guards as it most will be the local community, who are using them and they will have to guard the place themself. If players want to be safe, they will have to travel to the big towns.

11. Barania

Barania Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'd like to see the gump warning that comes up, asking if you really want to enter the casted gate, when you cast gate to be removed. I just think it's silly as everybody who plays on this shard knows that you enter gates at your own risk.

Jack Nickelson

12. Hera - Siege

Hera - Siege Lore Master

AMEN TO THAT!

13. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

urlinal ...

when you gotta go you gotta go and I have been waiting 10 years to go.

14. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

I would like to see board pvp removed alltogether from Siege pvp for a start...

15. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

*nods*

its unfortunate we have such a small community and that so much of what happens on the boards and in game are intertwined...

16. omgPrymal

omgPrymal Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

My one thing? A mysterious roll back to either right after AOS, or right before it.

I honestly did enjoy both era's. Most of my friends quit when AOS hit because they said the game was ruined, but I still found a lot of fun with it.

Then it just got worse and worse, for me.

I really do miss siege and UO and sometimes I get the itch to play again, then I see what it has become and that itch is gone instantly. Not trying to knock anyone, but I just can't understand how anyone still enjoys playing this game.

17. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

revert back to pre-aos rules. I think you would see alot more people return to siege if you did and I think it would be cool to have one shard that offered UO play close to how it was originally. Barring that, take the randomness out of crafting. Let crafters be able to choose properties made with thier runic tools, make special components spawn on regular high end dungeon creatures.

18. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

Revert back to 1999, back when there was actually people on this shard.

19. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

*smiles* You mean a lounge where the warriors, gladiators and deco crazed laugh and chuckle between battles? Share tips and sugestions? laugh over mishaps and funny situations?

*sighs* Wouldn't that be nice...

20. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

umm meeb want mur breedurs....

and revert would be nice..... get rid of some of the things taht are just annoying as heck....

21. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

If it actually reverted back would you still be playing what keeps me playing is that they keep adding new things i dont think thats the answer.
    I think the answer is more ingame everyone in this shard seems to have a win at all costs mentality, so they guild everyone they can till the point that theres no one left to fight. We as a shard needs to break down the larger guilds create more small guild this would bring back alot more poeple then ya think.

22. FrejaSP

I agree, a roll back is not the solusion

The ones who want a revert back to the past, don't really play now. They come and goes and do not find what they look for.
    A roll back won't bring back the many players and guilds we had lost. We need to move forward and adapt.

I agree in that. Some guilds are only trying to be safe in numbers, they are not trying to collect players with same playstyle and vision.

I would love to see Crafter guilds, T-hunter guilds, PvM guilds, PK guilds, RP PK guilds (orcs, pirates, vampires, brigands...), anti PK guilds. Lots of small guilds.

I do believe a public text/voice chat would be a great help, so would a changes in attitude from the players.

Try to remember, we play to have fun and to share fun. Any kind of grief play is bad for the shard.

If PK's would go easier on non PvP guilds/players and guilds/players who public declair, that they have a set of rules for looting and actions it would help too.

Dying is not the problem here, but if we want player communities with good shops to grow up, we need to give the crafters, PvM'ers and T-Hunters a chance to do their job without losing everything when they die.

If we want, we can make Siege a better place :)

23. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

The population increase.

24. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Eliminate all blessings on Siege...it would be funny to see a mage react when their spell book was stolen...la

25. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

*nods in agreement*

I would also like to see REMOVED the warning when I cast my OWN fricken gate to my BRIT house that gasp...........I AM ENTERING FELUCCA. DOH !! It is my gate it IS SIEGE.......gimme a break already ! I know where I am going !!

26. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

I think some of it is *entertaining* and part of what makes Siege Siege lots of strongwilled folks here be they pvpers or otherwise.

But I would like to see less *hatred* or just less juvenile knit picking over others in *those other guild and faction tags* ..in general it makes us all look more like we all HATE each other all the time...yet if some of the *characters* personalities of whom yall ARE would be silenced or gone....due to such bickering ...............we just keep losing instead of keeping and gaining this community of.............wonderfully disfunctional family and I would hate for us to keep LOSING ........US all. To some degree yall feed fuel and need each other so would be nice if some of the spite was less......spiteful in the board pvping. There ARE so many really great personalities here..yall should more treasure ALL of yall. :) I kinda do but I am weird that way..otherwise I would not still be here...unique like snowflakes SIEGE Style.

27. Sunchicken

Sunchicken Guest

VERY NICE IDEA

my idea would be umm let me see.......FIX TRAPED Crates!!!!!!!!

28. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

Re open ye pub Kelmo.

That is more the one thing I would like to SEE here..player run towns and events come alive again. We are all too spread out sadly with seldom an event on the Siege calendar. * would help too if folks got along more like they used to too*

But there must be some GIL in the LUNA UMBRA areas...former Iantown is Umbra, Stonehaven is Umbra, lots of shops Umbra Luna *I hate luna* but IF we could all more populate somewhere ANYWHERE same areas...be they old uo towns areas or newer umbra areas to Luna out there. . maybe we could in smaller pixel footpath area kinda revitalise player run towns events by all of us overlapping our towns guilds even if only AOS lands areas, to create something alive again on Siege from the sand to the trees of Umbra area on up to Luna that south by Stonehaven, on out to Iantown on up to where some GIL homes are...focus concentrate out those areas maybe we get community player run activities going again...if we all co operate, fill in the gaps etc. in pixel land home owning we all then can regardless of guild tags.. MAKE it happen.

29. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

One thing Increase the population waht ever it takes (imo remove ROT)

30. Troop

Troop Sage
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Add a purple shoe factory somewhere on the shard. This would provide employment for the masses. :lick:

31. TheScoundrelRico

Eliminate gating on the shard. Make it so people have to run everywhere...la

32. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

This could be a good idea, if a skill was added to allow a mage to memorize all spells, or maybe give inscribe that ability, as to limit mages powers.

33. TheScoundrelRico

It would work wonders for the disarm thief business as well. If players couldn't Siege Bless the only weapon they carried...I could go back to the fun memories of yesteryear...la

34. rieley

rieley Guest

Great ideas. The best part is most of these ideas do not need EA to implement, we can. More player run public buildings. One of my goals is to have a vendor/library. Where the library is filled with player written books. Stories of old days, instructions on skill gaining, making gold, guild info and contact.

Have BB around the place for communication, .. I have tons of ideas for this building. Started it a little on my lot, opened the yard up to the public...but I live in such a rural area, it needs to have more traffic.

In a nut shell, a public meeting place of a different theme. And input allowed from all players on Siege, I'd hate to lose ONE charater from this shard. Be nice upkeeping it daily.

GoodGuy, nice suggestions!

Oh, and lower the vendor fees, they kill me more than PKers.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday!

35. Krystal

Krystal Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

MORE BLUES;/

36. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I really like this idea best of all the ones mentioned thus far. Would there be others allowed into the arena too, or just those on the fight card? What if someone stealths in past the bouncer? * evil grin *

Test Shard keeps track of kills and deaths, but not in the same depth you mentioned.

My idea is... allow the Cartography Skill to be used along with the sextant to mark locations in a ledger, just like marking a rune, but no magery required. Everyone shouldn't have to have magery to get around quickly.

If on horseback, you can give the ledger to your horse, like a tiller man, and it goes to the destination on auto pilot, unless it is on an island of course. ( other solutions possible...maybe allow sacred journey....no real Paladin wants magery on their template anyway, they'd much rather use cartography )

Wagons! Much like the prisoner wagon in Yew at the courthouse

Horse drawn wagons full of glorious riches, that are too wide to travel anywhere except the public roads and in town. Circle the wagon and attack, but beware that there isnt six guild members in the back waiting to ambush YOU!

37. GoodGuy

GoodGuy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the people who liked my idea.

I used to think about it a lot, any kind of record duel system would be really cool for siege.

38. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

You care way too much. ;)

39. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Redo treasure chests/sos.

1) Improve chest guardians. Make they stick with the chest so they cant be lead away.

2) Improve basic loot. Increase loot table minimums (bumping per tier of chest), decrease item total overall. Include chances for all the rare crafting ingrediants, including crafting gems.

3) Theme chests: Have a 1 in 20 chance of a theme chest with a selection of rare items and theme specific loot. Like wizards chest, full of regs, and magic spell books, or an artisans chest filled with paintings or scuplture stuff like that. Have a tier of themed chests so each level of chest will have its own thematic chests.

40. Black magick

Black magick Guest

The duel pit is a nice idea, but the kill/death record has been tried on TC and its terribly inaccurate as it counts rks as well.

41. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Hijack someone else's idea thread.