1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

TO SIEGE COMMUNITY!

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Baby Doll, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Baby Doll

Baby Doll Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran IPKU

Thank you to every one who read this post. It is appreciated, but after 100+ views I do not believe this idea for a Peerless key bank will work. Free vendors are still offered though.

As some of you know I opened up a another New Magincia plot. Free vendors are offered to anyone who wishes to run a vendor or two. Vendors must remain stocked or vendor contract will be cancelled.There are teleports locked down for public access to and from Yew moongate, Kelmo's and Sprago's Abyss houses and to Kelmo's Umbra hub.

Thanks again to Kelmo and Sprago for opening up their houses to everyone!

#1 Baby Doll, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  2. Candy Cane

Candy Cane Journeyman

This is an interesting idea, I need to think more about it.

Baby Doll likes this.
  3. Candy Cane

Candy Cane Journeyman

I've been thinking about this idea a lot. I did have one idea I would like to add. What if once each month we host a UO server wide event, we could post it on all the other servers and encourage people to come over and give Siege a try. This event could be a net toss, a dungeon hunt, a champ spawn, or use keys for a mel run. Let them see how the Siege community works together. Not that this is a community with nothing but reds who pk everyone the minute they step onto the server. Not sure how it would work but it might be fun to give it a try.

chargar42, Baby Doll and Kattasrophe like this.
  4. Baby Doll

Baby Doll Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran IPKU

Yes it would be nice to set up an monthly community hunt! Not sure about the posting on different servers though don't Stratics look down at that?

5. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

Stratics prefers that people do not post things excessively across multiple forums, so for example posting the same message in every single shard forum would be looked down upon, however posting the message one time in the Siege forum, and one time in Uhall would be perfectly fine. Many of the people who read the individual shard forums also read Uhall, so they would be able to see it there.

Baby Doll likes this.
  6. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

What changed your mind about the keys ? Having only done 1 peerless my entire uo life, I'm curious.

Baby Doll likes this.
  7. Silent Singer

Silent Singer Lore Master

Garth, I've not been following this closely but I would guess the amount of effort it takes to key some of those. If we had a scheduled one each month, then everyone could work the week before to get keys. But every Saturday would be a lot to spend onjust grinding keys. For instance, it can take an hour for several people working together to get medusa keys, and one or two people will take much longer. It isn't hard, just super super boring. If we did once a month we could even get numbers to do Slasher or Primeval or a big Doom run. All of those go way smoother with the kind of numbers we've been having at net drops. plus, at once a month we might could get EM support to expedite getting folks there like we do with exodus. Just my two cents.

Baby Doll, VinnySP and GarthGrey like this.
  8. Candy Cane

Candy Cane Journeyman

Its not the amount of effort or the every Sat thing I just thought we could add a once a month UO wide event. We all want Siege to flourish and grow this might be a good way to make that happen. Along with all the cool events that Siege has like net tosses, and the best Gen Chat on all shards. We have a great group of people here that others need to come over and check out.

Okay I hate using this word but its the only one I can think of at the moment, Trammy people need to come to Siege and see that its not just red PKERS running crazy. You can go out and hunt without being killed everything you leave your house or the safety of guard zone.

My guild is very active at the moment we do something every single night. Champ spawns, Peerless bosses, sometimes dueling with Vinny killing us. Those of us new to Siege have to go out and hunt to replace or improve our gear so we are out hunting most of the time. I just would like other people to come see what I see that is awesome about Siege.

Sprago, Baby Doll and VinnySP like this.
  9. Baby Doll

Baby Doll Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran IPKU

Hello GarthGrey! Totally bummer you have only done one peerless in your entire UO life. They are a lot of fun! I knew when I proposed this idea it would need heavy community support to work. After seeing how many visits this post has had with the lack of responses, it seems clear to me this idea will fail. So I am cutting bait and moving on!

I do like Candy Cane's idea of a monthly get together, I do believe that could be done with ease. Instead of collecting nets just collect a few sets of peerless keys and do an public invite some weekend when you can join in!

Banging your head against the wall never solves anything you will only get a headache for doing so! :wall:

10. Candy Cane

Candy Cane Journeyman

Don't give up on a good idea, some people just aren't the post in a thread type. I think maybe the whole every Sat turned some off because of the amount of work that might go into some of the keys. What might work is to challenge every active guild and I have no idea how many active guilds we have on Siege, but challenge each to come up with a community hunt once a month. Not sure we have 4 or 5 active guilds with enough members to do this but it is a thought.

I am not one to give up on a good idea and any way that might help bring more people to Siege is good. When we as players toss out ideas we might just snag a whale of an idea. That is in reference to Baby Doll's net tosses, if no one got what I was trying to say.

Sprago, Tanivar and Baby Doll like this.
  11. Silent Singer

Silent Singer Lore Master

Also, impromptu shard wide activities can work as well. Yesterday Victim and I were talking in General Chat about doing something and it evolved into a group run on Slasher. Admittedly itwas a slow start, as the first 5 minutes was just my sole Dragon dying and getting rezzed while Vic and Neidan (sp?) tried to distract slasher, but soon enough we had a nice group that included Dio and TRU and a wide variety of folks. I still left A LOT of Dragon corpses, but we prevailed. I know at least one person there had never done Slasher, so that was good.

Baby Doll likes this.
  12. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Lol, that's 1 more than me :) ...la

Baby Doll likes this.
  13. Baby Doll

Baby Doll Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran IPKU

........That is in reference to Baby Doll's net tosses, if no one got what I was trying to say.[/QUOTE]

Well ty most kindly but I stole the thought from Tjalle. Well maybe not stole, Tjalle offered up the white net toss idea for an event! Sir Morder (GIL), Samantha (GIL), and Sam helped me attain the nets.

chargar42 likes this.
  14. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

How about groups hunts to gather resources to stock on vendors at a shop in Barter Town or whatever it's called for the players who want to make powerful armors? All the essences used in Imbuing and such? Do hunts for merchant ships to get the hardener and such crafting items while also gathering a stockpile of hides, woods, and ingots. I've the time to craft the fuses and cannonballs. I can do powder charges as well if needed, saltpeter is cheap here.

Hunts to get powerscrolls, SoTs, SoAs, and other things that are not found, or not commonly available in quantity on vendor search? Maybe if such things were more available here we might have more people traveling Siege.

I'm lousy at surviving in ML and SA dungeons and quit trying to hunt them, but with a well led group I'm game to join such group hunts.

Baby Doll and Candy Cane like this.
  15. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

I was actually making a bag of the snake flutes so I could gather Medusa keys, but i will work on that as i can. Silent and myself want to do the sleeping dragon spawn in Tokuno, so I am hoping we can get a group together this weekend to do that. The key bank sounds like a great idea, but it will take a lot of coordination to make it work smoothly. the best thing would be to decide say on Sunday, which peerless we would want to do the following weekend, and then everyone interested could work on it starting on about Wednesday, getting a key here and there as they can.

kelmo, Baby Doll and Silent Singer like this.
  16. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot

I've been sinking ships for quite some time now. At one time I had all of my looted refinements all amalgamated and saved but no one at the time was interested in them, so I tossed them all for turn in pts. I still gather these but they go straight in the trash. I'm more than willing to keep these if someone actually uses them.

I also have 4 white nets i'll donate to the next net toss.

kelmo and Baby Doll like this.
  17. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

if you get deflecting gargoyle ones i would be interested in buying i just never see any on vendors anywhere if you set up a vendor for them let me know where

Baby Doll likes this.
  18. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

I still have a few that Baby Doll gave me, and i think Alt may have given me a couple too. we can do another net toss whenever. just let me know day/time.

Baby Doll likes this.
  19. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot

I tossed so much stuff, i kept it all and sorted it out for a long time. I'll keep my eye out though.

Baby Doll likes this.
  20. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I have 3 white net for next event and Lee Anne may have some too. I really hope to see more of this events at New Mag dock as they seem to draw the Siege community out of their houses.
    I will try put up a new event like the Safe Haven Run, but include places outside Safe Haven and make it so not all start at same post. Last it went wrong because Grimlex feeled he needed to add some dead robes to the event. Sadly he killed the young Siege players and let the old Siege Players in Peace.
    That total messed up my event as the young Siege players did not have a chance as the run already was more difficult for them, as they had a little harder with finding the answars to the questions at the posts, as they knew less about the community and Safe Haven.

I know Grimlex did not mean to ruin my event but feeled his add to the event was in the spirit of Safe Haven, so this are not meant as a complain :)

Not sure when I can get the event ready, as it take some time to setup all the stewards and make the books with questions and hints and maybe a chance to get a nice gift on the run.
    If someone want to help, maybe with a steward post or ideas please contact me. I plave to use the public hubs at help to traveling at the event.