1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

To Tek/Strom/Freelsy

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by drakost, Feb 3, 2009.

1. drakost

drakost Guest

First off my apologies for this post here. However It would seem certain people my in fact be throwing stones in a glass house. What I have done, perhaps not nice and perhaps not looked upon kindly. But I know some will get a kick out of it. Here is a message I sent to Freelsy on ICQ

"Strange thing I go to login to my account drakost/knight and there seems to be strange things occuring... my email has been changed and my personal info is gone. Even stranger is that I go to send [email protected] an email (which is the new email on my account.) He doesn't exist.... well you can guess what happened from there. Now if you can explain to me why your email that you use for all the other accounts you have was on my account ill give you your stuff back before I delete the account/character."

Now as I said, perhaps not the right way to go, but it certainly got his attention. afterall I could just contact EA in regards to this since I still have all the original information including the CD case with the original registration code. And Freelsy can have peace of mind that if I get an answer to my question he can have his stuff back.

So no he wasn't hacked... he was apperantly foolish enough to place an email on an account that wasn't his.. even more so for not actually having that account/email.

Mods feel free to delete my account. This is the only post I'll be making here.

2. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I bolded that section because I dont understand what your talking about here. Are you implying that i've tried to "hack" an account? I hope you contact EA about this issue, for it was not I that messed with the account...Hopefully EA will have kept good records for this case. If anyone has any info as to who this guy is, or whats going on with our accounts, please come forward....im completely dumbfounded here...9 years playing uo, nearly 4 on and off at siege, and this mess is starting up? i just dont understand this....Hopfully these issues get cleared up here soon.

Oh and i will not accept your ICQ message or anything you send me. No disrespect, but quite frankly, im not trusting anybody right now...adding someone who seems to know somthing about my account to my icq list just doesnt sound like a good idea right now. We can communicate via pri-chats here on stratics.

3. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I've taken this exact route on just about anything UO related these days...

4. Turtle

Turtle Guest

Maybe you should learn a little about UO accounts, heres a free lesson. Anyone who has paid for an account for over a month now owns the account. So unless you report someone taking the account within a 30 day window your **** out of luck son. I say good day.

5. Revvo

Revvo Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Not true, you can retrieve the account info regardless of the payment info if you posses the original CD key and account name, i know this from first hand experience.

6. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

*SniffSniff* I smell a stinkin' KoC.

7. SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver King of The Bearded Ladies
    Stratics Veteran

8. Turtle

Turtle Guest

Not anymore.

9. Revvo

Revvo Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I do apologise then !!

Definitely a change they needed to make though.

10. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I think this is handled on a case by case basis, I sold an account 5 years ago and gave the guy a few months to pay me, was a guildmate, well he never sent the cash. I called EA and they said due to the fact the his CC had paid for the last two monthsthat they would not return it. I had and gave them the original code as I was the first owner.

11. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

Of course you do, what drama queen wouldn't?:popcorn:

All I can say is, I hope Tek is doing every bit of what he stated in icq, so some of you kids can move along, while we laugh at you.

12. drakost

drakost Guest

You say you didn't hack the account however your email information is on it... As far as me accusing you of hacking... how else does this happen? As I said I just want to know how it is my account ended up with your email on it. BTW I am not affiliated with anyone on UO so please not its not koc or anything else. And if you want my personal info Freelsy just ask, we can talk about this on the phone if you would like. I want to get to the bottom of this as much as you do. As far as UO not doing anything because its over a month... perhaps they wont do anything, however they will still have the information. Feel free to respond to me in PM so we can close this thread and everyone doesn't have to hear our yapping.

13. Scuzzlebutt

Scuzzlebutt Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

But we want to!

14. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

So I wonder if there will be an apologie coming from Kat and her Smart Ass as well as the acusers???

Probably not....even when there confronted with the truth, they wont admit there flat ass wrong would they....cause thats called being an adult and a good leader......

15. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Are you sure it's Freelsy's email in your account, and not someone else's email in both your and his account? How many accounts did you find with that email address in? You speak of more than one.

Here's my theory. I think the both of you were part of someone else's hack attempt, which you foiled by spotting it before they acted. If I'm right, you saved your own account, saved Freelsy from more damage than you did, and possibly saved others whose accounts were targeted. I would urge everyone to check their accounts NOW and ensure that the email address shown is the one they expect to see.

16. Turtle

Turtle Guest

On a similiar note I had a handful of KOC accessed to my house. I'm not sure if this is from the same events, but I know its very disturbing.
    I thought I got away from most of the children when I left Production shards, I guess not. *waits for DF*

17. Yes this is still true. I quit UO and a month after i quit my tamer account was hacked. I had no idea till almost a year later (aout 4 months ago) when i called EA and told them what happened.

I answered all the questions and gave them the info and cd keys for the upgrades and i got my account back.

If you dont do a secure transfor of the account you can get it back.

~Blade

18. HaHa

HaHa Guest

QFT

19. Zodiac19

Zodiac19 Guest

Every time I access my account info EA sends me an email saying my account has beed accessed. That should be the first clue that your stuff got hacked and be on the horn to EA.....

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!