1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

To the new tamers out there....

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by King Edward, Oct 1, 2008.

1. King Edward

King Edward Visitor

This is great news...
    All those out there who cry about tamers are usually the ones who only know how too sit in a house working magery or some such skill and macro it. But the sec they think about taming and actually having to WORK a skill from 0 too 70, suddenly taming is gimp and tamers arent PvPer's. A mage can be PvP worthly at 70 mage/eval (and they can use blessed artis to improve power, while tamers get the farmers kasa, LOLOL). Tamers cant even control a frenzied till they hit 80 or so, and FORGET about having a PvP pet till you hit 95-GM taming (and if you want a greater drag, gotta wait till 110/110 if you EVEN wanna try and PvP and have your dragon obey you).
    Oh and hey, cant use alacrity worth a poop either, again mages have the advantage
    Taming is a skill that must be earned, and then you have to learn HOW to be a tamer, then you have to learn how to PvP while a tamer, then you have to go out and spend weeks too months to get a pet thats got any skill to protect you what-so-ever.
    Yaaa..... Be a PvP mage or meleer in a week and yur awesome. Take a few months to become a 1/2 way decent tamer and your gimp.
    So being a mage or meleer is for people that stamp there foot and demand power overnight. (Think of it as a little kid crying about things that are unfair, which we hear ALOT being tamers. They have a choice of a single scoop of ice cream or a whole sundae, and the greedy little cry babies choose the scoop and hate the people that finally get served the whole sundae.)
    Taming is for people that want to be patient and are willing to take more time to have a little more power. And to all you new tamers out there, welcome to the crying side of the game... cause youll hear alot of it.

2. Skwiz

Skwiz Guest

OR!! Taming is for people who dont understand anything other than ALL KILL.. or with the recent changed.. All Guard Me " Stealth " War Mode.. Double Click.. Yes thats very hard to learn..

Whats a mage cycle again Ed?
    Whats swing on a Warfork with 30% SSI and 60 Dex?
    What does spell proc do to moving shot?
    Whats Max Chiv casting/Necro Casting/Spellweaving Casting?
    How much dex for Max Parry?

3. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

Can Any Mod out there please Revoke his Posting permit, someone had to issue him one, PLEASE!!!!! ANYONE FROM HIGHER UP...... PLEASE!!!!! Revoke it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!

4. King Edward

King Edward Visitor

Excellent points...
    Everything earned in a week or with gold... Excellent points.
    Im guessing you've never played a tamer and attacked another tamer 1 on 1. Or gone out and fought 3-5 people at one time and lived thru it.
    Or the sec you get all this power... not gone red in a week and had to trash the char cause you cant go anywhere without you or your pet getting ganked.
    And they'll fix the hidden guard thing soon, and youll move to the next thing to cry about cause you want more ice cream but dont wanna earn it.
    Heaven knows how hard it is to run up with a precasted spell and hit last target... WOW, sooo hard huh. And it must be very hard when theres 2 of you and you both dont have the brains to drag the pet away while the other guy drops the tamer.... SOOOO hard. Oh wait... now you can cry about stealth and hiding... Gods, does it ever stop? NOPE

5. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

*shakes head* It is just a troll. If Stratics got rid of every troll on Siege... Best just ignore a troll. They grow small and lonely when ignored.

6. King Edward

King Edward Visitor

Im guessing its your magical period your on. Sure sounds like it....

7. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

No Kelmo, I have Gold, Ill pay good money, there must be something we can do, Please!!!!!! For the Love of everthing thats holy, please revoke the posting permit.........One last time Kelmo, i have gold Ill pay..........

8. Skwiz

Skwiz Guest

Way to answer 0 Of the questions there Mr.PvP

9. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

*smiles* Pay per Mod is not an option.

10. Skwiz

Skwiz Guest

Wow mr tamer.. With the new command system a Pet Will Follow you if you tell it to No matter what.. Even if someone flags it and *Trys* to drag it away...

You sure have a clue.. But yah.. Im the one that doesnt know anything

11. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Lol funny guy been a tamer all this time and think you can lure pets now... Sry like swis said new command system ...

12. King Edward

King Edward Visitor

And a pet thats following isnt attacking now IS IT. And for it to go instantly from attack to follow the tamer must command it and be showing and not hidden. And a pet thats following tells you EXACTLY where the tamer is. More excellent points.

13. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

NO ONE WILL EVER COMPARE TO THE GREAT KING EDWARD... THE BEST TAMER TO EVER GRACE UO

14. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

No clue what world your living in but last time I checked all skills gained the same in rot past 70. and seeing as your on the easy shard for tamers... dont make it out as if its some kind of challange I worked several chars from 0-70 taming lore in a day.

oh oh and a blessable ring brace with 15/15 tame lore... they do exsist doesnt that allow a player to get to 85/85? with only having 70... i mean u throw on a throw away with 10/10 ur looking at 95/95 so yea a tamer is basically rdy to be overpowered at well say 95/95 and with ring/brace blessed be at 110/110 and only need those skills to compete. where as a mage actually has to use those 6 skills

15. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

just waiting for u to slip up ed and ull be done here :)

16. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

kage its king ed... rememebr his newphew? lowell! keep ftw

17. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Ed, please show me a mage that PvPs at 70 skill. Your fireballs will do about 6 dmg, at 10 mana each, 125 max mana, you'll do a max of what, 80 damage if they don't heal? Plus you'll need FC/FCR jewelry. Now a tamer for instance, can grab a 10/10 mark of travesty at 70 and be at 80 lore/tame, find a 10 tame and 10 lore piece of jewelry easily, and put frenzieds on you. Ever fought frenzieds? They do far more than 80 damage, and have no mana pool to worry about. Tell you what, I'll fight you on my char with 80s skills and I bet I bet your archer. You think playing a tamer takes any kind of skill? DELUSIONAL.

18. Memnoch

Memnoch Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

x2 we can start a fund..

Or initiate a movement for IQ testing to receive a Stratic's account..

19. Memnoch

Memnoch Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

On other notes:

Puffy- is right, mages cant equipt jewelery with any ol' mods (skills for example) needs to be at LEAST 2/5 casting

And btw, I LOVE how you made it sound SOOOO easy to get a weapon worthwhile, yea it may take you MONTHS to get a uber dragon, but guess what, if a dragon sucks stat wise, kill it, another will spawn...

If a weapon sucks stat wise, go get more bods, spend the time finding the right bods, get ALL the right bods, then get a runic with like 20 charges on it in hopes of getting something even of VALUE...

And never ever ever say mages are the easy way out, I have always been more of a dexxer player, but mages have;

64 spells// you have 1 macro (All kill)
    Very item dependent to be competitive// you can run naked
    Have to stop to fight/heal// We're lucky to see you
    The ability to be disrupted//Your dragons casting isn't even disrupt able

And you showed your inability to play a mage when you said a mage is playable at what did you say.. 85/85 Mage/Eval? I mean ROFLLLLLL

Yea I would love to see a mage try to PvP at 85/85 he wouldn't even qualify as a good meatshield.

20. Pestilence Hemp

Pestilence Hemp Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I dont think taming in pvp is the problem. its the pets. in the old days you could fight agaisnt 2,3,4 dragons. With these beetles, and super dragons, its not impossible, just not very balanced!

21. Black magick

Black magick Guest

This whole post is BS. It doesn't matter that it takes time, it is still overpowered. And as for your little line about the people complaining. I've made 10 tamers. 3 here, 7 on prodo. So I really don't care to hear such nonsense.

22. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

user cp > edit ignore list > add member to your list > okay.

Although unless I'm reading wrongly, most of the people who have said they're making tamers over the last few days plan to use them for pvm and if King Ed's template is what he posted a few days ago, I wouldn't use it to pvm with.

23. Wallace HHSF

Wallace HHSF Guest

I am the best tamer I am owning everione without g drag and im still not using this crap of dragon .. So i think i am bEtter than every ****ed tamer here .. im not still using stealth and some time i can kill ****ing tamer no skill like neo or drifin. these guys are noob :loser:

24. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Nope, mine are strictly for PvP...I must join the fun. Hopefully some day, all Siege will only be a land for tamers...la