1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

To: Tug - Re: UOAssist

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Eric Ravenwind, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Eric Ravenwind

Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Dear Tug,

I don't know how to get in contact with you, so I'm posting here.

Can you please make translations of Power Words for Mysticism soon? This would be great.

Thank you for your time sir,
    Eric Ravenwind

startle, claudia-fjp and Mervyn like this.
  2. Goodmann

Goodmann Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Dear Tug,

We made you millions so why can'y you update UOA

#3 Goodmann, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  3. Airhaun

Airhaun Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

On this topic as it concerns other UO players using UO Assist I am curious. Anybody else getting the "Server miss match error" a lot? I have more than one account, all have registered licenses with tugsoft. I would say maybe 1 out of every 10 times I log in I get this error. If I continue to log in, my character will freeze up after a couple seconds and UO locks up. I then have to close out and restart UO Assist. It could be worse than 1 out of ever 10 logins but 'ZERO' out of every 10 would be great! :)

whiterabbit likes this.
  4. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, I have gotten that message a few times, though a few weeks ago it happened about 4/5 times I logged in, if the messag pops up when you select your shard, just go back to the login screen, and try again, and you shouldn't client crash on the next attempt.

However, since the last update, my dress macro seems to be.... off, I guess it works, but it's slower than it was say before pub 84. I use to just hold my macro, until I was fully dressed, now I need to tap it after every 2-3 items it equips, otherwise holding the macro spams "You cannot pick this up".

5. Airhaun

Airhaun Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I find it quicker to just close the entire client/UOA as soon as I see the error message. I too have noticed the change in the dress feature. It seems like it still works, just changed the way it 'dresses' items. Maybe they slowed it down a little bit, I know before I would have to keep spamming my dress macro. This version seems to be able to completely dress my toon with just one press of the button.

6. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I've found it much easier to just quit using 2d all together and just run the EC with Pinco's UI.

7. Airhaun

Airhaun Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

You're probably right but old habits die hard! :)

8. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

True but when I got my new computer a few years ago I "forced" myself to embrace the change.... after all I was going to have to completely redo most my macro's and such anyway. I could see where if you were a mage perhaps the change would be much more difficult.... But for Tamers, and Dexers especially archers... I honestly would NEVER go back to 2d. The ability to be able to change my bow, talisman and quiver all at the press of one button in the middle of a fight is just too awesome. The ability to see exactly what the rating of a potential pet is before you tame it.... 100% improvement over 2d. The ability of being able to search thru loot and instantly know: What is this used for? What quest is this item for? and What can I expect to get if I unravel this on my Imbuer? The ability of being able to open a corpse and then have it Not show up when I control shift ..... priceless...... the ability to open a corpse or and I'm still in awe over this when I THunt..... A Chest..... and SEE everything at a glance.... as well as just right click on anything I want and not have to drag and drop to get it into my backpack..... totally priceless.... And all the things Pinco does ...... Well worth my donating to keep it going.

9. Mandrake of DF

Mandrake of DF Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I get that often - and resoult is the same. What I do, is once i get the server mismatch - i log out and in again, and it works like a charm.

If you continue to log in with server mismatch - your will freeze and client.exe will crash.

10. Mandrake of DF

Stratics Veteran

That will be the day when I quit UO.

11. Mandrake of DF

Stratics Veteran

There is a bug in dress macro, sometimes it sounds like its dressing each part 2-3 times and i can spend up to 1 min or more to dress up. Its really annoying.

Lord Frodo likes this.
  12. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

it looks like they slowed down the dressing all together..
    the EC used to put every piece on at once.. now it also has a slight delay..

you guys should switch to the EC.. it does more then UOA and its built in.

13. Katrena

Katrena Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Is it "Built in" from EA or Pinco's UI?

Lord Frodo likes this.
  14. Mandrake of DF

Stratics Veteran

EC is the ugly part that want me to depart with UO. I keep on to UO as long I can have that nifty look of the shiny 2D client - just wish it was upgraded.

No more to say...

15. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Thank you, Tugsoft, for the many years and continued reliable operation of UO Assist.

-Galen's player

16. MissEcho

MissEcho Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Is built into the Default EC as well as Pinko's UI

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!