1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

To use meditation or not...

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Sir Morder, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

who prefers meditation in their warrior template vs. those that do not use it in their temp. Me personally, i'm starting to favor the "not using it" side. Especially with imbuing and being able to put mr1 on just about any piece of armor i want, i could use the skill points for something else.

2. Mistura

Mistura Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Its nice on PvP templates although not essential.

PvM certainly not, you should be leeching mana for the most part.

3. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

You could just use the skill. You couldn't find your way out of a paper bag.

4. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

So sayeth the person that couldn't cut it on siege. Off to trammy land you go. Have fun care-bear.

5. First....chill out guys. This is the warrior forum, not shard forums or UHall. No need for the hostility. We're all friends here.

Second, no one uses Med in a warrior template. A small mana pool, high LMC, a smidge of MR, and a high mana leech weapon are all you need.

6. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I use meditation on my ABC archer, so I wouldn't say nobody.

But the functionality of meditation on a PvM is offset by mana leech. In PvP, the meditation plus 40% LMC plus high MR means you can always use your specials (i.e. moving shot) and spells (i.e. remove curse, close wounds), even moments after you've been mana drained/mana vamp'd.

I don't use meditation on any of my other warriors, but my nightmare is a melee fighter with LMC, high MR, meditation who can also run faster than me (it isn't hard, my connection isn't ideal, I recently adjusted my template to compensate... when I expect PvP, I'm now just an AC archer).

7. ZidjiN

ZidjiN Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I use meditation on 3 out of my 4 warrior templates.

8. I was referring to melee warriors, not archers. Usually the term "warrior" is describing a melee template, which most don't use Med on in a PvM setting. Maybe I should have specified PvM, but then I'd expect most here to know that I normally don't comment on PvP applications.