1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Today seems to be the day for change. Splitting off and running a new tag. . .

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Førsaken, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

It has been very frustrating logging into this game to have no one to fight and to top it off, when we find a group of people to fight, we sometimes give off false numbers with who we have in the field.

With that said, no one wanted to hear what I had to say in KOC and I tried to give them a chance. I told them, just as I told Speedy, that I will give them one last chance to show me that we're a guild that runs things together, PvPs together, etc. We had some good fights since I said that, but, it wasn't consistent enough for me or a few others.

I just wanted to let the community know that you'll be seeing my recruits and I under the new tag, "42O". We hope to show more PvP through skill, not numbers like some used to say/think. I also want this guild to come together unlike KOC, and do more group activities, such as; Spawns, Peerless, maybe even some Doom for fun, etc.

I hope to see everyone on the field and for all the haters out there. . . :thumbsup:

-Forsaken

p.s. I know there isn't a huge source of people to ask, but if there's any veteran players out there that are decent in PvP and willing to listen and learn, PM or ICQ 138568205.

2. Monolith

Monolith Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I'm sure you will do great with "420"
    just sell my stuff back when I die,,,:)

3. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Sick of "Da Fudd", eh? lol

Good luck to you! Its good to see more guilds on the field. :thumbsup:

4. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

I most definitely plan to enforce buy backs @ 10:1. Hopefully the same will be done to us, but if not, no big deal.

5. Monolith

Monolith Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Sakie......you of all ppl know that I enforce sell back to you guys. I just want to enjoy the last few weeks I have PVPing without all the drama. Hard to find a good field fight with all the reduced numbers in guilds.

6. Monolith

Monolith Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Usually guild splits are due to confict of interest within the guild. Who knows.....maybe Sakey wants to form a more small elite guild with less drama. Sakey should just rename his guild to "300" instead of "420". What....."300" has better ring than "420" huh?

7. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Want a better idea? Trash every faction item you get, people will get tired of farming, and then maybe non faction guilds and those who can't spend time getting the initial faction items won't be afraid to fight such OP chars.

8. Monolith

Monolith Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

As you know......as long as these items are around, ppl will wear them.

9. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

If I had the time, I'd just make a stealther in HPR leather to loot faction items off dead people and trash them. Get this shard back on the right track maybe. And after a player dies once or twice and it cost them 50k silver to equip back up, I assure you 90% less people would be wearing these items.

10. archite666

archite666 Guest

Good luck Sakie, I hope you can stick with it.

As always V will be keeping with our loot policies, which is..we dont.

11. Arden

Arden Guest

NICE! Too bad they gonna still bola/pet gank you...

12. Krystal

Krystal Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

omg, i agree with speedy

13. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

Bola's aren't as bad (unless there's two of em' doing it.. ouch..). Teleport ftw though!

14. Arden

Arden Guest

Because no one farms afk right?

15. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Good luck. Will you guys be remaining in Minax or choose another faction?

16. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Wow Elmer Pushed away more people, this is where he starts talking trash about ya!!

Lowell, goodluck Sakey

The shard really is about dead now though, and with summer around the corner... Well see how it goes.

17. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

No offense but hypocrite much?

You've run good **** since you were in GIL, before this faction stuff came about... you think it's a bit different now that players besides the super rich or super good get to run good gear too?

I've never seen you PvP in GM armor... ever. And you want to "set this shard on the right track" by taking the commoners down that path?

While I think things aren't balanced right now... we play UO post-mondains legacy. It's a damn shame this shard can't enjoy crimson cinctures, totem of the voids, crystalline rings, ornys and so on because we want to keep things ******** for most and overpowered for those of us who have the money or the PvP talent to be good enough to run good gear.

I PvPed for years in GM gear for the challenge, even when I could have used good ****. I'd rather have everyone in good usable items that I can loot and just replace... raise the bar for EVERYONE and level it out across the board. I'd rather have everyone out PvPing, rather than farming monsters (unless that's what they **want** to do) and yet as a shard... we want to go back to GM armor for most, but the rich/elite and watch the common Siege player get steam rolled by players like Sakey who rarely dies because of his PvP skill or even players like Revvo who've always sucked, but had the wealth to run good gear in order to compensate for sucking.

like... really people? really!?!?!?

This shard is dead because we're killing it our damn selves.

Good jerb.

18. Arden

Arden Guest

When you pvped there only was GM gear, then powerscrolls came out and have been house hiding ever since!

19. Goron

Goron Guest

LOL, qft

20. Sir Daniel

Sir Daniel Lore Keeper

hate to see this happen. but like obama said we need change!

21. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

22. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

I used equipment available to everyone. Big diff

23. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

... apparently not or everyone would of been able to run it?

24. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

The reason I had the equipment was because I worked for it, and farmed the creatures that dropped them, or alternatively farmed monsters to make gold to buy these items. Something any character on this shard can do if they see fit. However faction items exclude a large portion of players that no matter how hard they work, to obtain and utilize those items they have to change their desired play style.

25. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

Any player can join a faction and work for the silver...

That's the way UO is. People didn't run the equip you did before factions because it was hard to get and no matter how hard they worked, they would die and couldn't utilize those items because they were ridiculously hard to get.

its the same damn thing... and I really don't understand how you can't see it.

26. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

Those items are hard to farm? I could freely do champ spawns all day back then without being raided, solo, make 2-3m a day because scrolls still sold, and buy the items. Factions put you in an OFFENSIVE role, rather than defensive, which is what GIL and many other guilds function as. They don't go out looking for PvP, but when PKs come they defend. If they were to join factions they would have to boot their crafters, their exclusive PvM chars would be in danger, and publicly held events such as their Werewolf thing would be inconvenienced, because once they die they suffer stat loss.

It is 100% different, I don't know how you can't see that. The way you talk "we can't utilize items like crystaline etc" sounds like you want insurance.

27. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

Who's Talking Trash? Me or You?
    and who did I push away, as far as I see, they are still playing!
    Am I wrong?
    Sakey and the Guys are good people, whats wrong with a new guild on Siege? is that a bad thing?

lol

28. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

Yes those items are hard to farm.

The faction items aren't that much more powerful than the regular items. They just aren't as ridiculously hard to get as the regular ones, so that's why people wear them instead of the regular stuff. Otherwise we'd be fighting GIL in similar gear since they PvM so damn much.

So why aren't people running around in regular crimsons if it's so damn easy? Get real.

And your bull**** talk about sounding like wanting insurance is just that. Bull****.

I don't want gold when I kill and loot an opponent. I want to enjoy dragging the loot from their corpse to my backpack. What in the HELL does me wanting to fight players decently equipped and loot decent loot off their bodies have to do with insurance?

Try again.

And this time, when you post, come back with an argument that doesn't resemble the **** stain my dog leaves on the carpet after wiping his own ass with a poop scoot.

29. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

I never ran around in crimsons, or crystalines. I either camped that dungeon in Ilsh or killed the campers. Sometimes I casted EVs at Paragon titans/cyclops and got TONS of HOTL like that.

Way to get completely off topic and just throw insults around. Still mad I school you worse than I schooled Big D?:next:

30. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

speedy think, speedy head hurt.

and would LOVE to duel you on my new comp. too bad you quit.

and your not that good on a mage. l2cycle one day pls k tks.

31. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

ROFL. Exactly, learn to cycle. E X A C T L Y. I'm not the good on a mage? I destroyed you what 4/5 in GM suits, then like 5/5 in "UBER GIMPZ" suits. I think when I did it in GM armor I only had 20 med too, isn't that right? Yep, it is. I never claimed to be great on a mage in SE. I have never had a super computer, I paid 900$ on Dell.com to build a computer that does what I need it to do, a little gaming and lots of paper work and school crap. I know how to cycle, but it's always been funnier killing people with dumb ****, like how I killed you with meteor swarm in a duel. So let me say again. :next:

32. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

You destroyed me?!!?!? what ****ing crack pipe are you smoking?

The ONE time we dueled on wrong roof, after I face planted you I get the excuse.

"BR please change your text, I can't see your spells"

and then we go 2 for 2 after that.

But congrats on teaching teh forum readers what it's like to change an argument into a penis measuring stick once your brain overheats.

deeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrr

33. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

Thank God this is Siege, I'd be lost without such derailment.

34. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

You had the white/grey txt and you cast an ebolt and I cast cure, once I had you change it I didn't lose. I dropped you the next 4 times and kept getting tears. Gooood night. I've been playing UOR ruleset for the past 2 months and could still probably beat you. But see, I've been a top mage since 98, you've been a sub par on SP since...2004?

35. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

Any day you want to come back, I'll be happy to stick it to you. I'll change my text to bright pink... Set my mage macros to ctrl + alt + Fkeys... ****... I'll even play with my toes.

You aren't hard to kill and you can't even figure out what a combo is. Fighting you on my old comp, you were nothing special, like fighting Voodoo. All connection with not a ****ing clue to what your doing. But see, I've been a top mage since 98, you've been not **** on any shard since... ever?

Yes. and my epenis is bigger than yours. :dunce:

36. Black magick

Black magick Guest

wow... are you serious?

37. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

Yes?

The mages that SP players would know of, that I'd consider "that good" are:

Forsaken
    Meph
    Jaster
    Sunchicken

and a few others.

Way back when... I could talk names, but few would know the pvpers from guilds such as aaa, KGB, etc. etc. Even then, back when... Siege players were not stellar mages. They prefered hybrid fighting with exp pots. This is 00 to 03 I'm talking.

I played on a really crappy laptop for years fighting people who didn't know what-the-hell they were doing and just had speed. Now that I have a new comp... there's like no competition left on this shard. Am I the best mage on the shard? No. Can I recognize a great mage after playing one for 11 years? **** yes.

casting lightning over and over and over again cause you don't know how to combo or cycle spells does not mean your good.

Is anyone here involved with the dueling scene on prodo shards at all?

??!?!?!?!?!?

When I see a mage cycle, have timing and just plain ole know what they are doing with the character... then I'll consider them good.

Speedy doesn't suck, but he sure as **** isn't anything special.

The end.

38. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

Sadly, I think he is. Speedy will always be a good mage in my book. He was good at both field fighting and dueling. I also think BR has gotten a lot better, especially with getting his new computer to replace his 10 year old pos laptop. I've seen that ugly thing first hand, and it was a great laugh, but then I was sad for him.

Anyhow, like I told Speedy in AIM, I wish both would talk less, fight more. Same with myself, and every poster that still has an account on Siege Perilous.

39. Goron

Goron Guest

lulz,
    once again BR goes off yapping his mouth off about pvp years ago and on prodo shards today...

Maybe one day he will actually play on Siege and realize its not 1999 anymore and its not prodo...

Maybe one day...
    ...then again... maybe he will just keep talking about how good he was years ago.

40. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

You're right. My bad.

=[

41. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

I don't want to argue with you, because I have honestly always liked you. But to say I'm "not good" is a joke. Anyone who played on the "prodo" scene knows me and my crew. I played on Chessy in UOR/p16, was the best. Moved to GL and beat the best(Peon). Moved to Atl and found some really good competition, especially after Bill Nye of Cats moved there. Ya, casting lightning over and over isn't skill, but dying to it is not either. I stopped caring about dueling once one could dump for 5-6 minutes straight and was STILL a top contender. First time I dueled Chicken I beat him 3-2 I think, then he beat me 3-2, and we dueled again and at the time, and still my connection(WOW! cable provider) was ****ty and I would over cast 7th circle spells, I went from going dead even to losing every duel. So to not put me on that list is laughable. On the field I was undeniably one of the best, and began running the mage weap temp here first. But like I said, you are a good field mage and you are a good dueler so I don't feel like bad mouthing you. I am not here to make enemies.

42. Nickster

Nickster Guest

Black rain :

Any player can join a faction and work for the silver...

That's the way UO is. People didn't run the equip you did before factions because it was hard to get and no matter how hard they worked, they would die and couldn't utilize those items because they were ridiculously hard to get.

its the same damn thing... and I really don't understand how you can't see it.[/QUOTE]

as a fairly new player who is eager to PvP i believe i can shed a little light on this...
    although what you are both saying is quite true there are flaws on both sides
    , I am currently at around 90 skill level in all my major skills and I am running in decent (not great but decent) runic gear and jewels i have looted from the monsters i am able to kill (titans and cyclopse - para cyclopse) i have what i consider a good wep but for PvP my gear is down right crap, right now i can stand toe to toe with 3-4 cyclopse and a titan or 2 at one time and using my skills / potions not really drop below half health, on the odd occasion an ability fails i pop a refresh run chug a heal and ss/bushido heal problem solved.... about a week ago i decided to go to despise to hunt ogre lords, i can handling the ogre lords just fine when a red apeared.... although my skills are fairly low i didn't just run as i believed my tactics may be enough to make up for my lower skills, BIG mistake, with the suit he was running i was nearly gone with the first dump, i healed through it and stood my ground for a bit not doing major damage but at least putting him on the defencive, he must have been playing with me as the next dump/attack left me kissing dirt. Lucky for me he must have either liked the fact i didn't run / smack talk or just taken pitty on me because i recieved a res and got my gear back with a warning that he was farming and if i killed more ol's next time i wouldn't get my gear back.... then he said join factions if you want to compete in PvP.....

thats all well and good, i intend to join factions and look forward to it but if i joined now even kitted out in all the gear i would die because my skills are too low... also i don't have the gold to start buying back a suit each time i die and it will take me ages to farm every time i die so untill i am trained its not really an aption...

point being is once apon a time with 90 in all my skills agains a full trained char even if we were both kitted out in the same gear i would have at least a chance..... in todays game it just won't happen. i have played as often as i can and earned around a mil in gold and have an ok suit with some back up pieces but if i did join factions yes i could farm silver... true but due to my char not being fully trained i would lose all the gear as soon as i bumped into anyone really as my skills wouldn't hold up.. so is PvP on this shard limited to only factions and fully trained chars?

or am i being a t1t and would 90 in each skill with all those gimped out items do the trick?

43. Critical Gaming

Critical Gaming Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Do you have the money for your faction arties yet? =D

44. Turtle

Turtle Guest

Classic...

45. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

Yeah I didn't want to bad mouth you either. You were good. I personally think you could of been tons better if you cared to be, but anywayz group hug times!

:grouphug:

46. Nickster

Nickster Guest

hehe, you don't miss a thing D :)

you the man

p.s what time zone are you in? been wanting to meet you in game now i am in the servants :) wanted a few pointers.

47. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

I dunno what type of char you play. I know Jaster was pvping with 90magery and killing people... he ran good gear (before this faction stuff came out.)

I really don't like the huge divide between what joining factions and getting this gear offers and running the regular items for the average player.

Off hand, I have 10 suits of non-faction gear, pre-made, that rivals it in terms of properties. Not to mention bags full of good gear that I haven't put together as suits yet. I'm pretty well off in this game and I have no problems making money to afford this type of play... but not a lot of people can do this and I'm guilded with almost all of them.

I think this shard would be a lot better if you, as a newb who was out hunting monsters... could get good gear and equip decently so that when a PK comes out... you KNOW that the item difference between your two suits isn't a big deal and you have a more equal chance against whoever it is attacking you. Also, as an added bonus... you dying wouldn't be such a big deal so you're more encouraged to stay and fight (even though you said you stayed and fight)

I dunno... I just don't get why this shard wants to keep those of us who have the good items with them... and everyone else, without them. :coco:

48. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

3 sides!!!! 3 sides!!!! har har har kekeekkeekekekeke

ktksbye

49. Nickster

Nickster Guest

3 sides to every story was a great album by Extreme......