1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Tokuno 1 still available, but not 3???

Discussion in 'UO Spiels N Rants' started by csany, Feb 8, 2010.

1. csany

csany Guest

You can't just play. You gotta freakin' research everything.

I check and see that Ihara Soko the Imperial Minister of Trade is still there. I grab 10 minors (6 I had, 4 I bought) while thinking of the Mempo of Fortune.

I get there, turn them in, and am presented with the Tokuno 1 menu of advanced items. No mempo. WTF? You can't just play the game.

2. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

The mempo was never available from that guy.

3. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

How dare they make you know something before you do something!

4. csany

csany Guest

"Something" I could work with: where to go, who to see, what to take. But ****e man, I had to know it was a drop too? You can't just play this game.

I won't even start on the bs you have to know to simply enter the SA dungeons.

5. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

Next they'll expect you to actually sit at your computer and train skills!

6. LordDrago

LordDrago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

OP, what made you think that you could get the mempo as a turn in in the 1st place?

The mempo was never a ToT major, which are available via turn in of minors. Did you not play during the most recent ToT event? And if not, then you probably do need to do some research 1st.

Face it, UO is a very dynamic game, with changes occurring quite frequently. The "research" you are complaining about is essentially reading the game manual. The best source for this is Stratics (the check for my endorsement can be sent to me via my agent).

Just as I suspect you would not complain in a solo/non-internet game that, for example, the character advancement system, although working as specified in the manual, is not working the way you want it to, there is nothing wrong with the TOT turn in.

7. LordDrago

LordDrago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Have you been to Luna? This is, apparently, no longer expected. :)

8. RawHeadRex

RawHeadRex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

ooooo zing !

9. The mempo of fortune was never something you could get for turning stuff in. It was a rare drop and considered a minor item.

To take it a step further, you think that 10 minors that sell for 50-100k each can be turned in for something that sells for 8-15m on most shards, and nobody else thought to take 500k worth of items and trade it for a 10m item?

So, nice rant about game play, but your rant should have been about how you have no clue what's going on.

10. RawHeadRex

RawHeadRex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

look ...don't make me bust this out on you:
    "You can't just play. You gotta freakin' research everything."