1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Tokuno Dyed Swampie Armor?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Hobo Sapien, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Hobo Sapien

Hobo Sapien Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

[​IMG]

Whats the Deal With this?

2. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

please tell me this is a bug

3. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

neon dyes should have never been introduced to this game.

4. Teeshy

Teeshy Guest

Well, you can dye any other deeded itme made from "special" materials (furniture etc) so I can't see why you wouldn't be able to do swampy armour too - never tried it myself, but could be fun! =D

5. Moonstar

Moonstar Guest

e have ppl with those on ATL too. someoen actually offered me a blaze swampy for my replica cloak . As If!
    i had already seen a blue swampy so i know hese ppl are coloring them themselves with tokuno dyes somehow

6. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

7. BakeryGnome

BakeryGnome Guest

Why Now? Why "all a sudden"? I dont understand what changed...was it somehting because of the last publish?

8. zamot

zamot Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

The deeds can be dyed with the slimes

9. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I guess the developers are going to be really busy when they return.

10. Sakkarah_

Sakkarah_ VIP
    VIP Stratics Veteran

No kidding :wall:

11. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

*hands Sakkarah a large bottle of bleach and some rubber gloves*

Think you might need these....

Wenchy

12. phantus

phantus Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Bwuhahahahahahah!

*makes and stores them away*
    :hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

13. peanutbutter

peanutbutter Guest

claim.

you are missing your warrants.

14. BakeryGnome

BakeryGnome Guest

But the slimes dont come in Purple, orange, or blue.......these are being dyed with Tokonu dyes.

15. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Wow, now that is ugly. Neon colored mounts are just wrong.

16. Lord_Deimos

Lord_Deimos Guest

Yes they are

[​IMG]

Seems like only deeds made recently are able to be dyed

17. I'd rather you were busy fixing something that actually affected gameplay, and not some minor "color" issue.

You know, the things like scripting, cheating, duping, and so on, and so forth. The little things that really matter....

18. It Lives

It Lives Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Swamp Dragons need all the love they can get, it is one of the worst looking critters in the game.

Pickle with legs ftw.:D

19. Lord_Deimos

Lord_Deimos Guest

I think the duller colors look pretty good...Like rum red or white

20. walter_mitty

walter_mitty Guest

you know that guild hot that does not use exploits well half of them are running around on those swampys

21. BakeryGnome

BakeryGnome Guest

THEY DONT USE EXPLOITS!!!!? Right!!! ok!!! They the ones selling the ****ing things in LUNA when you can do it yourself!!!!!

22. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

A lot of people will do that with things you can easily obtain. Like those vendors selling "rare" items for a ridiculous amount that are obtained through new character quests, etc. All it takes are people who don't know how to get the item (and thus believing it is truly rare) to make a profit.

23. BakeryGnome

BakeryGnome Guest

It is really sucky....this is what is wrong with the world...IMO! Someone bought one for 50mil on CAT.!!!!! OMG!! Poor soul!!!

24. JC the Builder

Stratics Veteran

A nice thing about this is all the tokuno dye charges which will be wasted.

25. Sytherea

Sytherea Guest

:hahaha: So very true. When someone pays millions for a barding deed that gets destroyed...well, I just wish I could be there when it happens. :D

26. BakeryGnome

BakeryGnome Guest

Seriouslly....

27. Experimental

Experimental Lore Keeper

Personally, I think it's pretty cool...and tell me...

exactly HOW does this hurt the game?? (except maybe blinding the players)

28. phantus

phantus Stratics Legend

ARE YOU KIDDING!?

There are at least 20-30 people that don't like these colors that this will greatly upset. I think there is even 1 or 2 devs that don't like them. The impact of this is...well....it's just bad.

In all fairness some of them are fairly hideous and I like the tokuno bright colors hehe. It doesn't hurt anything though.

29. Maddin

Maddin Guest

I need like 4 swampies please, LOL.

30. Cerwin Vega

Cerwin Vega Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I like slime dark blue, its easy on the eyes.

31. BakeryGnome

BakeryGnome Guest

Dark Blue is the best...!

32. Lady Vivian

Lady Vivian Guest

I have to agree with Experimental. I've seen some of the pretty colored armor and I like it. I've also listened to some of the players talk about their swampies and I believe this has done much to boost the self image of a lot of the players by allowing them to be able to obtain something a bit more "unique" than the routine common stuff that so many have to settle for. I do wish players would not charge so much for them but can't have everything. On Origin they are selling for 1Mil. Anyway, it isn't hurting game play and if you are trying to kill them during game play the color actually makes them easier to target IMHO. For once why don't you naysayers give it a rest and let the average player have something a little special.

33. It Lives

It Lives Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Sucks to be them. I believe the color police are arse out on this one.

The colors that the swampy armor is being dyed are already in the game and have been in the game for years now.

If they are so damn ugly why is it that peeps are paying mils for them?

Its just too bad that peeps have to pay through the nose to individualize their chars in this game.( not just talking the swamp dragon armor). Wanting to Individualize over the years has lead to some pretty exotic expoits to get NEW colors.

34. Intoxication

Intoxication Guest

I for one like the swampys.
    I say let us keep them, maybe people will use swampys more again.

35. Falon of Eldor

Stratics Veteran

+1....."gets crafter ready to start making some deeds"

36. slayer888

slayer888 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Is this bug or is this new?

If this is something new I am gonna dye myself some tonight hehe.

Compare with TARGET nearest enemy program or any program stronger than UOA..

I think this is small matters only.

Hope they will just BLock all program and just allow UOA in UO.

So once you log on another program, the game will detect immediately and next time you log on will be able to block your account for 3 days and 2nd time will be permanent ban.

Hope this is implemented soon.

37. As much as some of them look cool Im sure this bug will be one of the first they fix since awhile back they did there best to try to get the neon out of the game especially in KR. Just hope theres nothing else like this that is bugged. Personally though this wouldnt bother me in the least if they decided to keep it ingame but we all know they wont.

38. MR_CLEAN

MR_CLEAN Guest

With so many other characters and mounts (fire steeds, cu's, etc) looking like some half-ass-neon-cartoon, who cares?

39. Cerwin Vega

Cerwin Vega Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I dont really like the neon colors but im not gonna cry about it either... I dont like them so I dont use them. If people wanna look goofy (what I think is goofy) oh well. They are using up the dyes and as long as no more are made then its fine.

40. MR_CLEAN

MR_CLEAN Guest

Cerwin Vega gets it.

Why can't everyone at Luna bank get it?

41. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah you all definitely do have a lot to do, but let me ask....Why is the particular subject of this thread one of the things you have to go? I mean, really.

I hate neon. But lots of people like it, or they wouldn't use it. Isn't that just basic logic?

You're talking, here, about an item that is of some use, but not of great use, and by its very nature breaks and has to be replaced? (It can't be repaired, can it?)

So why not let people "waste" their dyes, or "waste" the limited slime event?

There are a lot of better ways for you all to spend your time.

-Galen's player

42. JC the Builder

Stratics Veteran

People have left UO over the neon colors. I doubt there is any, if at all, who have quit complaining they didn't have enough colors to choose from.

World of Warcraft? There is no option.
    Warhammer Online? You choice of color is brown, grey and brown-grey.
    Ultima Online? You can dye any color you want, including a plentiful selection of bright ones.

You can customize your character color and attire so much. But that is never enough and you just have to know when to say no.

43. SeaCaptain

SeaCaptain Guest

Part of me is like oh god no not this, but another part of me is like Sweet. But I do agree please oh dear god please no more neons

44. Zy'ana

Zy'ana Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

To what? Play Black and white games? In 2008/2009???

One word:

SHH

Enough of the whinging and ranting over EVERYTHING!!

Its a neon Swampy - tamers have their steeds, their white and blaze cus! Even if it IS not a perm change, then you can revel in the knowledge that your whinging got them turned back to green - or the mining colors. *claps*

45. The introduction of neon colors to this game should have been limited to a scant few objects in order to make them stand out (glacial staffs, Arctic Death Dealer, etc)...beyond that, they just make the game look like shoe strings from the 1980's.

46. Lord Kynd

Lord Kynd Guest

it sure is a good thing then that there are thousands of people that do like the bright colors and will love this.

47. Lord Kynd

Lord Kynd Guest

some people need to seek help, this make that very obvious.

48. Ifful

Ifful Guest

Agreed. I personally dislike the neon, but clearly I am in the minority. There are plenty of other things about UO that I like and will keep me in the game despite having to share it with the MANY MANY people who like neon colors.

The only thing I disagree with more than having neon colors in UO is the people who think their meager subscription fee entitles them to dictate what colors should be permitted for other people to wear.
    Honestly, they're just COLORS for Bob's sake, stop complaining already...

49. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I think the folks who need help are those who will continue to make, sell and buy these items when they're not meant to be in game. Look up at Sak's post above, that says to me they'll be deleting the deeds or changing them. Not leaving them as is. I have a virtually unused full set of ToT dyes, but you won't see me cashing in on them. I think it's pretty pathetic to make money off of other players when there's a real possibility that the items will be changed or deleted.

Wenchy

50. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Someone who would leave UO over a neon color would, I hope, have left over something else anyway....Not that I hope they would leave, but I hope there is another, underlying reason they would leave that is more substantive.

And again, this item breaks. Whatever color it is, it won't be around for very long.

So really.....Why waste any time whatsoever on "fixing" the ability to dye an item that I've seen break after a few runs at the Sanctuary strongbox quest?

-Galen's player