1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Fishing] Tokuno Ships +1 Fishing?

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by aalbiel, Nov 20, 2010.

1. aalbiel

aalbiel Guest

I had read where a Tokuno ship is +1 fishing(Galleon - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia). If that's true, then on many of these posts where I've read about GM fishermen catching certain rare fish while others not (say like a random Blue Marlin without bait), was wondering if this might be some difference. Just noticed no one posting whether they were on a Tokuno or not. Or, I forget would it matter at a skill cap?

2. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Is not + 1 fishing skill... the devs said:
    So probably is a +1 chance to get something special?

3. Katrena

Katrena Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have been developing a new fisherman on Pacific and landed a Blue Marlin at 98.2 skill level with no bait. I was on a Tokuno ship between Moonglow and Ice Island along the server line.

Katrena

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

No, it IS a skill boost, like what gargoyles get to Imbuing, or the bonuses at the Ter Mur Royal City soulforges..

A GM fisher on a Tokuno boat is effectively fishing with 101 skill, even though it doesn't display as such.

5. Does anyone know if this allows dungeon fish quests at 105 skill?

ie in order to get a 110 scroll you would need to be at 105 fishing on a tokuno boat..

6. Feargal ATL

Feargal ATL Guest

I am at 105, and always fish from a tokuno, and have not rec'd a dungeon fish quest

7. aalbiel

aalbiel Guest

Interested to see the benefits. But if it is mostly increasing my chance of success right now, then it would be better for filling quests while my old boat might be better for hunting serps and SOSs, since they appear a % of the time of a failed attempt at fishing (all be it a small difference). If I am thinking correctly? Not that it would matter enough to change out boats often. Just crunching the numbers for thought.

8. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Feargal: Are you actually GETTING the quest while standing on the boat? Just owning it wouldn't work.

Most likely, it's like BODs, where it uses your real skill for quest determination. A person with 60 Blacksmith holding an ASH+60 still only gets the small normal irons that his 60 skill allows, after all.

The only effects I seem to see are the numbers of Yellowtail Barracuda and the one Marlin I've caught.

What are the Barracudas used for, again?

9. Thom

Thom Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran

They're used for fish pies.