1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

tooltips

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Cear Dallben Dragon, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

im using legacyII and in many cases i dont get mouse over tooltips for people or house signs. Since last patch. anyone else?

2. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I can see tooltips for people/signs/etc... however, I can very easily get myself into a situation where they stop showing temporarily (and fix it!).

1. Mouse over an NPC to see that you can see the tooltip
    2. Talk to a quest NPC
    3. Reject the quest
    4. Mouse over the NPC to see that you cannot see the tooltip anymore
    5. Mouse over an item in your backpack to see the tooltip of that item
    6. Mouse over the NPC to see that you can see the tooltip again

At least I was able to reproduce that 3 times in a row in Ter Mur (right before I bug reported it).

3. baxcir

baxcir Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, I've been getting the same thing since the last patch. Tool tips disappear for a while, then start working again. I am using the default UI.

I'll try Gildar's steps, but so far have found no pattern to what breaks the tool tips or what returns them to normal.

4. Lady Laurel

Lady Laurel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni LOST

My husband and I have had the same issue and as long as we click something in our bag then the tooltips return.

5. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Same here, just mouse over something in you backpack and all tooltips will return.