1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Enhanced Client "Toon" Auto Moves

Discussion in 'Bug Tracking' started by EvaUnit02, Jan 7, 2014.

1. EvaUnit02

EvaUnit02 Visitor

I haven't played very much for a few months and just started again. So, I'm not sure what the cause of this may be but now, my character will often keep running even after I release the movement keys. Sometimes I can stop it by moving in the opposite direction. Sometimes I can't until I restart the client. I can toggle between run and walk but movement always continues and always in one (albeit not a particular) direction.

I don't know if any of this is relevant but I have auto-run enabled. It seems to happen more often when I'm mounted and will carry over to running/walking after dismounting. It may only start when mounted. I'm not sure. I've also noticed that last time this happened, I was automatically running to the right. When I logged out, the cursor on the login screen was pointing to the right rather than its normal isometric-like angle.

I'm using the EC on Atlantic.

2. kongomongo

kongomongo Lore Master
    Professional Campaign Supporter

What are you using to move? From what you wrote it would suggest you actually use keys? Then I don't know.

If you'are actually using the right mouse button to move then its fairly simple: The EC code that tracks mouse button up/down events is flawed in that it is bound to rendering. Whenever the game a bit choppy due to loading the game might not catch you releasing the right mouse button thus making you walk around. Then just click the right mouse button again repeatedly to fix it.

3. EvaUnit02

EvaUnit02 Visitor

Yeah, I'm using keys but I'll give the right mouse button a shot as a remedy anyway and see if that resolves the issue. Thanks for the beta.

EDIT: Didn't solve it. I still can't be sure but it seems correlated to when I'm moving, in combat, and using items such as bandaging myself.

#3 EvaUnit02, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  4. Misk

Misk UO QA Lead
    VIP

I was finally able to reproduce this issue and have submitted a problem report into the system regarding it.