1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

ToT drops and superstition...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Dermott of LS, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Ok, I gotta ask this one... how many superstitions does a system like ToT create?

One of my own: I CANNOT seem to keep my backpack open while farming for minors, it seems like they never drop while it is open (sort of the "watched pot" syndrome).

Another one: Doesn't it always seem like the drops happen on a small creature as opposed to a large one (i.e. spend an amount of time going after mid-high level mobs, then get the drop on a mongbat or lizardman)?

2. Tom_Builder

Tom_Builder Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

The more you die, the more drops you get. I died 2 times and got 2, I died 6 times and got 6.

More luck = less drops.

Killing lots of easy stuff is better then fewer harder.

3. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

When i get nothing for some time i always go looking inside the bank box, hoping that i missed a message and that it went straight to the bank. (Heirloom)

Often thats not the case. :)

4. jelinidas

jelinidas Guest

OK, this is funny.

I cant comment on the backback thing. I guess I'll have to try it now. Gee, thanks! :wall:

But, the small animal thing,,,LOL
    I got 3 drops last night off birds! I must agree with you here.

I do this like I did the dungeon spawns. High fame, low fame..rinse and repeat. Always had decent results, same now.

5. jelinidas

jelinidas Guest

There is not enough pixel crack in this game to be true. I die ALOT, ask my guildies. :blushing:

6. wanderer1origin

wanderer1origin Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

u die lol am farming fan dancers lol hard to saty awake let alone think about dieing and i loot gold so there!!!!!!!!!!! my only concern is finding bos to keep gold heading bank

7. JoO

JoO Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

if you are expecting one you will not get one I only get anything when I have cleared it from my mind and I am truly not expecting it.

8. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

While spawning, I can sustain a rate of one kill each three seconds during the first level, as they spawn very very quickly and are all one hit wonders. This is where I get all my artis from.

More monster fame doesn't seem to outweigh killing weak creatures in bulk.

9. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

This am, four of us goofed off at the Tok spawn, all I did basically was pull, hardly any offense used, just pull for all & let them kill. I received 2, 3 friends received 13 or 14 between them on one spawn, the 2 Necro's ea received 6 apiece & the other char only received 1 or 2. (This was from the start of the spawn) We did 3 spawns & guessing we pulled at least 30 TOT's total from them.