1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Tourneys

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Sweeney, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

This shard needs some publicity.. Petra has enough clout to put this junk on the main stratics page.. all the better to update the Feb 2008 news.

PvP tourneys
    PvP mage only
    PvP melee only
    PvP mixed
    Chess tourneys, misc boardgames

Offer nice cash prizes and many people will join. Charge them entry fees. Prizes could be paid for be "Molly's Emporium.. moonglow gate blah blah, Speedy's vendor.. yew gate bleh" along with some nice donations from the Siege elite.

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

It's not a question of 'clout'. The items that go on the front page are 'news' written by our reporters.

It was to this end that Luka, who is our most currently active reporter, tried to organise some events for Christmas, which she intended to write reports on.

I tried to make a scavenger hunt. No one did it.
    Luka tried to do a 'capture the flag' type event with herself as the 'flag'. I can only assume from the dead-end the thread came to that no one did that either.

The only other person to respond to her call for 12 events for Christmas was Cybernickel.

Organise an event and we'll approve it for the calendar, Luka, if she can, or Otto, if he's around, will write it up and it will go on the 'News' page.

3. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

She has a point. Player-run events are not as popular as they used to be, for some reason. I think most of the people who used to attend the events are gone...... Skylark, Caster, most of KSS, CWS, and I^A. I know there are still members of these guilds around but maybe RL interferes with attendance. I know this is the case for me.

Good luck with your tourneys, Sweeney. I hope people actually support it. I really do. Siege could really use some good player-run events again.

4. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

That's because the best event emcee on the shard no longer plays :(

5. Sunchicken

Sunchicken Guest

Unless i have plans irl i would pretty much attend any tourny as long as it was bracketed mages on one side dexxers on other meet in middle : )