1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Towel (Ice White Folded Towel)

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Guest, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hello everybody!

As the titel says and probably some ppl allready seen it on uo-auction, I got this item.

[​IMG]

I had this item on my bank for atleast 4 years I think - but dont know for sure.
    I always thought of it as a piece of ice white cloths, but one day I "accidently" scrolled over it with my mouse and found out that it was NOT what I thought it was =)

Anyway, I have been asking lots of ppl, posting on quite a number of forums till now and noone was able to give me any information about the towel.

I hope there is someone on this forum who knows anything about it!
    If yes, please let me know!

Thank you very much and have a nice day!
    Vaneca - BdF

2. Treyster18

Treyster18 Visitor

lol, wow....can honestly say ive never seen that one....im usually pretty good about knowing item history and such...cant say ive ever seen anything like that tho....looks like folded sheet only pure white, and its labeled a "Towel"....never heard of a Towel being in UO lol....id like to hear the history behind this one as well hehe

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Yes, never heard of one either...don't sell it for less than 400 mil if its the only one in existance.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I might be mistakin but I think I faintly remember someone sayin somethin about towels in an event a while back but Im not 100% sure.

5. I think they gave them out at one of those GM Sponsored events you could buy. I wanna say someone had a "pool party"

6. That "pool party" magic moments theory sounds like the most believable one. They were always creating uniquely named items that were 1 of a kind for the purchaser of the event. And could easily be made with little to no knowledge by the general public.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I´d like to thank everyone who responded allready. That was quick
    At least now I know for sure that I´m not the only one having no clue.

This may sound very stupid, but would there be any point in writing a mail to Ea asking about any possibly existing information or paging a GM or whatever...?

Because if there is noone even in the community or Rare Collectors having a clue who else should?

Thanks again and I´m looking forward for more ppl to respond if they have any suggestions/information.

8. mdacc#one

mdacc#one Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I´d like to thank everyone who responded allready. That was quick
    At least now I know for sure that I´m not the only one having no clue.

This may sound very stupid, but would there be any point in writing a mail to Ea asking about any possibly existing information or paging a GM or whatever...?

Because if there is noone even in the community or Rare Collectors having a clue who else should?

Thanks again and I´m looking forward for more ppl to respond if they have any suggestions/information.

[/ QUOTE ]

You won't get a response from them. This is EA Mythic running the show. The old GMs and Seers are all gone. You don't need to dig too deep into it. Its great but NOT worth the trouble of finding out where it came from if you can't get an answer from this community. And 400 mil is kinda high quote on the item. There are many one of a kind Seer items that fetch for a lot less.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Well, thats why I´m askin...
    And ofc there are a great number of unique items, but seriously, who has got a towel for his houses bathroom? =)

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi,

there was a towel for sale on uo auction awhile ago.

It was a seller that was kind of dubious that sold the towel and alot of rares spread out on 2-3 weeks.It looked exactly the same as yours ,and if you didnt buy it at auction there are at least two of them.

Regards
    The Scandinavian

11. Treyster18

Treyster18 Visitor

i would honestly say that about 100m or so would be a fair price....IMO....maybe more, but i doubt it considering that IF it DID come from uo magic moments there would be 1 for everyone who attended the event, kinda like the green bracelets that say "I Roxxor Joo Arty Noobs" lotta ppl think thats a 1 of a kind rare or sumthin, but i was at that event lol, old school friend of mine made those at one of the uo magic moments events and there was around 30 or so of those given out, now, the host has about 10-15 of the 30 on his inactive acct, But the fact remains that it isnt as rare as ppl think it is hehe

12. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Hi,

It was a seller that was kind of dubious that sold the towel and alot of rares spread out on 2-3 weeks.It looked exactly the same as yours ,and if you didnt buy it at auction there are at least two of them.

Regards
    The Scandinavian

[/ QUOTE ]

The seller of the towel on uo-auction was not the same seller you're refering to, they were two different individuals.

13. RD Gumbie

RD Gumbie Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Hi,

Regards
    The Scandinavian

[/ QUOTE ]

The seller of the towel on uo-auction was not the same seller you're refering to, they were two different individuals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if it was here or on UO auction but he already stated he tried to sell it once but the person bidding never contacted him, So I would say it prolly was the same seller. As for the # of these items, sounds like noone knows much and people have never really seen it except for the last time it was up for auction so it sounds to be one of a kind or damn near.

14. Treyster18

Treyster18 Visitor

<blockquote><hr>

As for the # of these items, sounds like noone knows much and people have never really seen it except for the last time it was up for auction so it sounds to be one of a kind or damn near.

[/ QUOTE ]

that was exactly my point in my previous post, ppl thought the same things about those green bracelets and other items that have come from uo magic moments, but i can assure you, IF it did indeed come from uo magic moments, that it IS NOT 1 of a kind hehe

which, the uo magic moments theory is the only logical one, because aside from those types of events, "Towels" were never a part of the UO data base lol

so im sure theres probably atleast a handful of these some where, maybe in the original event buyers acct or something, who knows, the point is, there is probably a few more than 1 of these and i really think my 100m PC was more than fair [​IMG]

15. mdacc#one

mdacc#one Guest

To give you some perspective on your item,

a tattered piece of clanin's robe which shares the same graphic and a unique color fetches around 75 mil. There are roughly 6 of those highly sought after.

So I agree with Trey, your towl is worth 100 mil or so, you might get more but then again you might not even get the 100 mil.

16. Guest

Guest Guest

my perspective on her item is...one piece of a massively duped plough is around 200 million. Scaffolding, 2 story statues, etc...there are scads of them now compared to this towel...and they are priced MORE?

If I was you, dear owner of the towel...don't let the big boys fool you into the price range they think they'd pay for it...cause they'll deem it worth twice that amount in a week when they sell it.

17. mdacc#one

mdacc#one Guest

<blockquote><hr>

my perspective on her item is...one piece of a massively duped plough is around 200 million. Scaffolding, 2 story statues, etc...there are scads of them now compared to this towel...and they are priced MORE?

If I was you, dear owner of the towel...don't let the big boys fool you into the price range they think they'd pay for it...cause they'll deem it worth twice that amount in a week when they sell it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two of the judging qualities of a rare are their size and attractiveness. Teh two story status are BIG, plough BIG, Scaffolding super BIG. Now if this towl was as big as a two story statue, I'll pay 500 mil on it.

18. Treyster18

Treyster18 Visitor

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Two of the judging qualities of a rare are their size and attractiveness. Teh two story status are BIG, plough BIG, Scaffolding super BIG. Now if this towl was as big as a two story statue, I'll pay 500 mil on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

and to top that off....NONE of those items (2 story etc) have been re-used in any graphic what so ever, where as the towel, is the same as folded sheet and piece of clanins robe (which i happen to have for sale)

again tho, not to be rude, but you should really leave it to the "Big Boys" to come up with a PC, we dont just pull this sheet out of our arses ya know, there are technical ways we come up with a price. we dont just guess or assume like most of you here already have [​IMG]

19. I would say 100-120 mil would be a great starting point. I lose some interest in higher amounts when the art is already duplicated and wouldn't pay it. But there is always someone out there who will pay that wants it bad enough. I would almost put it in the price range of server births with the same graphic. Being unique though is where you can up the price some. *back to eating popcorn waiting for his scrappers post to be moved*

20. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Hi,

Regards
    The Scandinavian

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if it was here or on UO auction but he already stated he tried to sell it once but the person bidding never contacted him, So I would say it prolly was the same seller. As for the # of these items, sounds like noone knows much and people have never really seen it except for the last time it was up for auction so it sounds to be one of a kind or damn near.

[/ QUOTE ]

The individual whom was selling items that was refered to as dubious was a different person then the person selling the towel, so no they were two very different people. I know b/c i bid on both the towel and the other individual's items on uo-auction2.

21. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi there,

maybe I was to fast on who was the seller,if so Im sorry.
    Most of the auction I looked at was with the seller I had on my mind.
    And he had alot of auctions.

Regards
    The Scandinavian

22. Guest

Guest Guest

Okay, now that I just finished my personal - let yourself go for once - posting, I seen you posted again.

Well what can I say.
    I dont want to delete all the things again I´ve written before, because theres some valuable information in it too =P
    Atleast I hope so.

As mentioned before, I apologize for maybe getting a little carried away while writing, but ........ I really felt like "wtf" reading that remarks.

Anyway
    Take care guys and have a nice day (its allready 8:30 am at my place) ^^

Vaneca - BdF

23. Treyster18

Treyster18 Visitor

umm no, thats actually completely false, there are technical ways of comming up with price checks like me and manti have both stated in the past, size, hue, name etc etc......there are reasons we give the PC's we do, like i said we don't just pull this stuff out our arses lol....if im not for sure on the price completely then ill put "IMO" out beside it, other wise its a fairly good PC and usualy about dead on...and to top that off, she never gave a PC she was just ranting :p.....not for sure why you or Ryna are removing so many posts lately, especially mine, all of mine have been opinionated or arguable none are personally attacking anyone or anything....you seriously need to try to remember the definition of a forum before removing a post :p

24. Tomas_Bryce

Tomas_Bryce Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
    Stratics Veteran

Past, size, hue, name etc etc. all have subjective qualities to it. I am not aware of any quantitative equation for calculating prices of rare items. Feel free to PM me if you have this secret equation.

Furthermore, you are entitled to agree or disagree with someone's PC and also, tell them why you disagree. However, you are not entitled to come down harshly on them for giving their opinion and telling them not to do so in the future. It is very simple; Elitism is not good.

25. Treyster18

Treyster18 Visitor

very good points....BUT, the problem with that was, she wasnt giving a PC, she was simply telling the poster Not to listen to the "Big Boys" price checks...i never told her not to give i PC i simply said she should probably leave it up to us to give them instead of trying to bash us and say that the only reason we give the PC's we do is to low ball the seller into selling to us for cheap so we can resale for 2-3x what we paid for....which is completely and utterly untrue, i offered 75m on it and if i get it ill put it straight to the museum and it will stay there for atleast a year i can assure you of that.

now now, no more need to derail this thread hehe, i feel that posts were removed that shouldnt have been because they were all discussion and opinionated, i shouldnt have told someone not to post their opinion, but on the other hand she never should have been ranting in the first place trying to bash the "Big Boys" saying all we do is low ball etc, thats slander :p

26. ^Wolfie^

^Wolfie^ Visitor

Some players just aren't worth the time.

The towel is nice, I'd start a selling price of 200mill... If someone likes it enough, they will pay what you would like to get out of it within reason. Good Luck [​IMG]

27. Treyster18

Treyster18 Visitor

ah no, i dont think she was meaning it in that sense hehe, and i dont like using the term cuz i never try to consider my self such. But, i belive she was meaning it as "Big Boys" "Top Dogs" "Main Guys" "Top Sellers" "Most Knowledgeable" "Experts" etc etc.....being a smartalec IMO but hey thats just me i guess hehe....and trust me, i dont low ball, i give extremely accurate PC's [​IMG]

even if im interested in buying the item im still not guna low ball ya to get it, im a very honest person, if an item is worth 100-150m, then ill tell you that and say "its worth 100-150m, But, ill pay you 75-100m for it right now"...some times the ppl wana go for top dollar and some times ppl wana sell quick.

I take giving PC's and such very seriously because i know alot of ppl count on me and take what i say to heart, so i give it as accurately as I possibly can whether i wana buy it or not, im not a biased person. You can take my word and listen to what i say OR you can listen to the other ppl here who mostly Think they know what there talking about [​IMG].

some ppl have said sell the towel for 400m, Sure, you can try to sell it for 400m, but i can 100% assure you it wont get that, and IF for some weird reason it does....trust me, theres a reason for it lol, only a duper or someone of that nature would be loose enough with there money to do that lol

And there are reason's why i give the PC's i do, ive been doing this for around 8 yrs or more, its all about knowing the market, there is certain ways to price rares. Sure some of those items can potentially get more than what i PC for, but i give AVR PC's, some ppl are willing to pay more just because "they've wanted it for so long" etc etc. and yes most PC's are just simply opinions like tomas has stated, but my "Opinions" are Hardly Ever very far off, im usualy pretty good about hitting the nail on the head so to speak [​IMG].

So if you guys would, dont listen to these other ppl about how us "Big Boys" give low balled and inaccurate PC's just so we can Resell, we dont have to low ball to beable to resell lol, i can give you an accurate PC, like say an item is worth 100m, you might be willing to sell it to me for 75m, and if i so choose to resell it, im fine with that 25m profit, or if i pay the 100m i dont care to let it sit for sale at 150m waiting for someone who desperate to buy it, not alot of ppl are able to do that, nor do alot of ppl care to do that. but the point is, i give 100% accurate PC's regardless of whether or not i want to buy the item.

Id like to thank you all for your time, and im sorry for the long post here lol

28. Treyster18

Treyster18 Visitor

<blockquote><hr>

The towel is nice, I'd start a selling price of 200mill... good luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

and your basing that price off what? hehe, would u buy it for that? i doubt it. How did you come to that particular price? i personally had a reason for the 100-150m PC i gave, it seems other ppl are simply guessing and have nothing to base their price off of hehe, not trying to flame or rant here at all, im just curious [​IMG]

29. Black Majick

Black Majick Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

The towel is nice, I'd start a selling price of 200mill... good luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

and your basing that price off what? hehe, would u buy it for that? i doubt it. How did you come to that particular price? i personally had a reason for the 100-150m PC i gave, it seems other ppl are simply guessing and have nothing to base their price off of hehe, not trying to flame or rant here at all, im just curious [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if someone wants something bad enough they will pay it. I say let the buyer put what they want on it. If they sell cool. If they dont, then they can slowly drop price til they find a buyer. This way they get the most out of the item. Then you get a good PC as to what someone is willing to pay for it.

But going on your theorys Trey. Yes. It is a reused graphic, but how many of them are ice white and say towel?? Also if it is a one of a kind item by name, that adds even more value to too it. For someone like myself who buys themed rare items that I can use for deco, it would look great in a bathroom or beside a wash basin in a house. I would pay 200m if I had the spare cash for it. Because of the name and the color. So to me I would PC it at 150-250m depending on the buy and how bad they want it. But alas. I am just the noob collector. What do I know other than what I would pay for items.

Original poster. Sell the item for what you are happy with. If you are not happy with what you would get for it, keep it. You have been living w/o the gold, and im sure you have been doing just fine.

PS. In all do respect trey. I have seen yourself, and some of the other collectors on here give PC for items. Buy them, and 3 weeks later we see it in one of yalls auctions or sales for 20-50m more than you payed for it.

30. Treyster18

Treyster18 Visitor

<blockquote><hr>

PS. In all do respect trey. I have seen yourself, and some of the other collectors on here give PC for items. Buy them, and 3 weeks later we see it in one of yalls auctions or sales for 20-50m more than you payed for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe yes, and i said this already [​IMG], i can PC something for 100m and usualy still buy it from the seller for 50-75m then resell it (if i so choose, most of the time it just goes to museum heh), so thats where your getting the 25-50m mark up from [​IMG].....just because im reselling something for more than what i bought it for doesnt i mean i low balled the seller to get it, I dont have to...half the ppl here wanting to sell items just want a quick buck they really dont want to sit around and try to pull every nickel and dime out of the item [​IMG]

31. Nvidia

Nvidia Guest

Treyster has always been a dealer who bought cheap and sell expensive like [censored], werent you banned?

32. Also FYI, just because it might be a magic moments item. In no way means it was given out in quantity. I know several people who have told me over time that they had the magic moment events. And depending on which type of event they purchased. Sometimes the people running them for EA (gms or whoever ran each event), would allow the purchaser of the magic moment package to have their own 1 of a kind personalized event item. So the towel very well could be 1 of a kind to that event.

Example for this being that old "Day of the Dead" skull candle I sold a while back. It was given to a friend who purchased the magic moment halloween package. The (gm or whoever ran the event), allowed the purchaser to name the candle whatever he requested. And there ya have it...1 of a kind. Could easily be the same way with the towel. If there had been 15-30 and they were given out to guests. Trust me, everyone on this board knows theyd of heard of it,and seen a few for sale.

33. Treyster18

Treyster18 Visitor

<blockquote><hr>

Treyster has always been a dealer who bought cheap and sell expensive like [censored], werent you banned?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, to answer your questions and reply to your statement....

if you would read my sig, i dont exactly try to hide the fact that im a dealer, have been for many many years, and is one of many reasons why ppl choose to sell to me over other ppl=/

and if you would read my other posts, i actually JUST said that i do infact buy cheap and sell high, BUT that i give fair and accurate PC's, Example: item A is Really Worth about 100-150m, ill offer 75-100m for it, the seller usually chooses to sell to me cuz its a fair offer, now in most cases id just put it in museum depending on the item, but if i do choose to sell it, then id be asking for the 150m....

you can take that however you want, but its the best way to make money in this game lol, so im really having a hard time understanding the point in ur post :p

oh and yes i was banned, but i pleaded my case enough and the mods were nice enough to let me come back, i was banned for an extremely long time tho, like thats any of your business tho [​IMG], im just a real nice guy with nothing to hide [​IMG]

34. Tomas_Bryce

Tomas_Bryce Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
    Stratics Veteran

Well I think that should be enough info for PC. Obviously, you are not going to get much more. Locking this thread - if you want to sell it or something please start another post. Too much noise in here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.