1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

EM Announcement Town criers say the strangest things...

Discussion in 'UO Atlantic' started by EM_Bennu, May 8, 2012.

1. EM_Bennu

EM_Bennu UO Event Moderator
    UO Event Moderator UO Event Moderator

Town criers say the strangest things... I wonder if anyone puts any stock in their words.

2. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

If you're talking about Jimmy, I looked earlier... Didn't find anything. Guess I'll have to look again...

3. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Well.... Grizzly murder scenes should be fairly easy to find hmmmm...

4. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

SunWolf ATE the pepper... heh

5. Promathia

Promathia EM Bennu Fanclub
    Premium Stratics Veteran

Hail Exodus everyone,

After investigating both Minoc and Trinsic, I came across two scenes of cut up corpses and notes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If you notice, both locations shared the presence of a Cake left on a table...hmm! Following the entry in the torn Journal page, I went to the Training Hall in Trinsic to look for Mikhael, but I left empty handed.

6. Kylie Kinslayer

Good idea Prom, but the one page says, "I am too late he has already been put on guard duty far to the West". The only thing I came up with is that both locations have the Ouroboros. You have to use cntrl/shift to see the one were what appears to be a Crux Knight was butchered. Seemed odd to me that both locations had that. It got me to thinking maybe Mikhael had been called up to the Crux seeing as how not too long ago all the Trinsic Guards were missing, and that maybe the dismembered Crux Knight is Mikhael. *shrugs* Could be way off base tho, would not be the first time....

7. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I need not say more.

Good catch.

I'll give you a small hint. You're off base ;)

8. Kylie Kinslayer

Very well thought out. Look over the clues carefully.

9. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

And note that once upon a time, there was a Nardello pepper at two of the bodies. They have since been eaten by hungry investigators :)

10. Kylie Kinslayer

I blame the other guy {ain't naming names} and my dyslexia. Thought it said paper and double clicked it to see if I could read it, good thing it wasn't spicy :D

11. Promathia

Premium Stratics Veteran

Well im at a loss :(

12. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

What does one find to the West of Trinsic that has to do with guards? And are there any places specifically mentioned that you haven't checked yet?

13. Promathia

Premium Stratics Veteran

Ok So I found the third body. Anywhere else to go from where?

14. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Go back over the screenshots you posted. Any locations mentioned?

15. EM_Bennu

You guys really like this murder mystery thing. Ill have to work on being a little bit more creative with it, these self paced events are also pretty neat IMO, I have always liked them, even as a player.

Also, how does one "Loin" in the Trinsic Guard? Sounds... giggity hmmm, lol.

16. Promathia

Premium Stratics Veteran

Ok, I found the fourth. I swear I checked there before, but I guess I only checked by the docks/bank

17. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I saw that last night, but due to a rather embarassing comment I made at the Yew meeting that was MEANT for alliance chat, I decided for what little of my dignity that was left to stay quiet. lol

18. Kylie Kinslayer

Kinda makes me even madder I lost conn last night now, the mind wanders on what rather embarassing comment came out in alliance chat hehe

:thumbsup:

Definately a fun thing. I was even trying to convince Faeryl the body without the Ouroboros was the one we needed to focus on. A skilled killer/assassain would not leave so many clues unless they were plants to throw everyone off. The body without the clues would lead to the true killer and their true motives, or that's how it works on all the cop dramas these days :D .. She would have none of it, she knows how far off base I usually am

19. EM_Bennu

Well those who ran through the clues the first night had the benefit of Adamu guidance at the end, and help putting some of the clues in the proper context.

Ill wait a couple days to see if anyone posts the RP interaction info before I post a full great wall of text log.

Ill post some fiction and try and get in game as Adamu a little more as well.

20. Kylie Kinslayer

*leans towards Faeryl, taps her on the shoulder and whispers*

Psssst.... that's your cue.

:lick:

21. Promathia

Premium Stratics Veteran

Hypothetically, how would one contact Jimmy Nardello if they say wanted to put a hit out on Danica? I only suggest such things, as it would be something we should try to prevent. I'm sure if Jimmy were to in fact KILL Danica, then the Crux would be in a state of shock, giving him ample time to get away (or do any other deeds he wishes). I am sure someone out there would also pay huge amounts of gold for such an act. I will volunteer to lead such efforts into looking into this.

All hypothetical anyways...

22. Cyanide_Mage

Stratics Veteran

[​IMG]

Interesting, do go on.

23. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I'll have a report up tomorrow... Just have a few paragraphs left to write.

24. Queen Arya

Queen Arya Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
    Governor Stratics Veteran

If we set the trial for Tresha- we could include a trap for Nardello

25. Meatbread

Meatbread Journeyman

I don't want to be a downer, but since I am the self-styled gadfly of the Crux Ansata, it's sort of my job:

I am not super fond of this sort of thing. Usually maybe a dozen people do it, and then it gets forgotten about and becomes anachronistic shard litter, like the ruined wagon halfway up the road from Trinsic, or the "Give us the artificed scion!" note just outside Skara that still hasn't blown away after all these years.

I mean I could get out from in front of the bank and go follow this trail of clues, but if some guy's screenshot collection is just as good, why bother? There won't be any crowd for me to heckle/troll/RP with (or a fight, or rares, or whatever other people like) so... meh. I mean I don't hate it, I'm just ambivalent.

If I were to make a suggestion upon how to expend limited EM time, it would be increased time spent strolling around the shard in-character, blabbing and RPing with random people. You know, giving these characters an increased reality and presence in the actual gameworld, outside of the five minutes of screamed-over prologue to everyone getting killed by a super monster.

I always really enjoy it when Danica or someone like that happens to stroll past the bank, and you can say more than three words to her without being drowned out by people screaming about rare drops.

Anyway that's just my two cents.

keel likes this.
  26. OvenBird

OvenBird Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I agree about having a timer, or more direction, to the items left in game. I'm not sure I completed the quest in the right order, or at all (though I think I did. Found the bodies at least). I got sidetracked following a series of purple books to various inns, and finally to that farm on the peninsula south west of Yew. That being said I thought it was fun.