1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Town question

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Kenney, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Kenney

Kenney Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

OK Ive been away a long time(about 5 years), been playing WoW about 3 years on PvP servers but got a bit bored of it and kinda missed Siege.

I made a new account, I have old ones but havent played so long it makes more sense to begin again, also brought a person I played wow with and has never played UO, made her renounce young player status, figured if play regular too long you get spoilt.

I told her she is relatively safe in town if near an NPC because from memory the NPC's call "guards" when a blue player is attacked, I seem to remember pretty constant guard whacking going on in Luna back then.

Anyway we in Skara, Red comes up, kills us both, proceeds to rez kill her as she too inexperienced to know better than to accept rez, meanwhile Im busy typing in MSN - dont let him rez you about 8 times.

Thing is there were NPC's all around us during this, course we die instantly so by the time we could even use a macro for "guards" we would be dead.

So my question is do NPC's not call guards anymore?

2. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

many towns no longer have guards. Some one else will have to list which ones

3. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

The fel towns no longer have guards should be safe in Makato, Malas, etc

4. Kenney

Kenney Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Aha, thanks folks : )

Same apply to the areas around fel gates?

5. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Not sure, but quite likely. . .

And, welcome to Siege?

6. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

The eight faction towns no longer have guards at their posts.

The invasion event ( which was triggered by factions ) caused the guards to leave the town during the invasion, which would fill the cities with aggressive monsters. Anyone was freely attackable during those times.

When the invasion was over ( by killing all of spawn or a "good" guild capturing the sigil ), the town would revert back to normal, and the guards would return to their posts.

It worked fine for a month or two, but then the guards stopped coming back after the invasions... by design or poor programming, I do not know... but as a thief, I like it! * evil grin *

7. Kenney

Kenney Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Well was here before, just long time ago.
    Used to be you could rely on being semi safe in town near NPC's, the person Id brought with me to show UO was already wrestling with that pretty poor KR client(as am I), and dont think she too impressed with UO.

To then get rez-killed in a town when I told her it was relatively safe, my fault entirely really, I threw her in at deep end because when I started Siege back in about 1993, I wished I had never played regular, it spoils you to be safe and the people on regular shards are a pain because they know you cant touch them.

Siege is different and there is a proper community, and its actually exciting unlike tram shards which are just full of people queueing up to camp monster spawns and griefing each other.

Frankly Id rather be rez killed and dry looted daily than play on regular.

8. Bruin

Bruin Guest

Heh, good attitude. But I doubt Siege was around in 1993.

Welcome back!

9. Kenney

Kenney Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

lol sorry 2003, whole of UO not around in 1993 doh

10. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

Welcome back to Siege then ;)

Also, might be an idea to give your friend a quick tutorial in how to die with dignity - i.e. be prepared for death and loss of items etc at any time and how not to let it ruin your game, or your day :) I have not tried the KR client and do not wish to, I am happy with the old fashioned 2d.

It's not always a bad idea to accept a rez from a killer. Some are pretty decent about it and will either light loot or not at all. I've had some funny chats with some of my bringers of death :p If someone does rez kill you then its the fool me twice principle, just walk away and get a rez elsewhere.