1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Townhall 7-26-2008

Discussion in 'UHall' started by kennykilleduo, Jul 24, 2008.

?

Will we find out anything BIG , based on future of UO?

Poll closed Aug 13, 2008.
  1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    85.7%
  1. http://www.mythicentertainment.com/uo/roadtrip/

July 26

San Diego, CA

WHERE:
    San Diego, CA
    Horton Grand Hotel
    311 Island Avenue
    San Diego, CA 92101

WHEN: July 26, 2008
    3:00PM - 6:00pm EST
    Be sure to join us in San Diego on July 26 and meet a few members from the UO team. Grab a bite to eat and challenge them with your toughest Ultima Online questions.

====================================

Last sentence is classic
    ... :D

Has it been announced what dev's will be there yet , or is there a topic for this one?

2. Nok

Nok Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

You going to be there Kenny?

I'll be there with the family in tow. :)

3. Nah I live in Buffalo , NY..

Have fun.

4. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I'd love to hear something big... like "We're releasing SA in 3 months, and it will include an overhaul to the item system to make all non-decoration items unlikely to last more than a months worth of playing, but also not necessary! We'll have an area in the game in both Trammel and Felucca on all shards with the new item property rules (except decay and theft) available in 1 month so everybody has plenty of time to test things out before it goes live everywhere."

That would be cool.

But I'm not expecting much (especially not that much).

5. Uh, no it wouldn't. I spent several months, along with nearly 400 runic hammers to get the radiant scimitar with just the right properties that I use, and that's just one weapon. It would seriously **** me off to have 4 yrs worth of time and effort tossed in the trash in one fell swoop.

6. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Allow me to elaborate on "not necessary".
    Not required, but still beneficial. Player skill will matter much more, but not be the end-all-be-all of fights. Standard NPC purchased gear and not wearing anything at all will still be lousy, but enough for newer characters to fight against low-end spawn (lower than 70 weaponskill). Standard GM-made gear will be enough to kill all but the a small handful of monsters that can only be killed with the absolute best-of-the-best gear (or a group of players). Lousy PvPers with great gear won't win fights against great PvPers with ok gear, but great PvPers with great gear are still top-dogs (but not undefeatable). High-end gear is more common (and easier to find the specific combination of properties on the specific type desired), to make it possible to re-equip with a good suit quickly after losing an old suit (from hunting, or trading with other players).