1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Townships

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Tina Small, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Question for EM Drosselmeyer: Can you please provide more information on what you and Mesanna are willing to do for recognizing player-run towns on Siege? You indicated that "township series" are out of the question at this time, but seemed to leave the door open to the possibility of erecting town banners.

I think Chesapeake (and possibly also Baja) have what you referred to as township series and many shards also now seem to have been spruced up with town banners (some quite elaborate). What's required for player-run towns on Siege to at least be recognized with town banners?

2. EMDrosselmeyer

EMDrosselmeyer UO Event Moderator
    UO Event Moderator Stratics Veteran

Right now, the focus is more on getting things setup and running as far as events go, as that is the first priority; Once things are working well and fluidly on a regular basis, Townships will be looked at. If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

3. PuddyMae

PuddyMae Guest

Guess none of that will happen since we havent seen Drosselmeyer around in ages,

4. Symma

Symma Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Drosselmeyer was only ever a temporary EM. But it would have been nice to see him finish his story.

You're guess is as good as mine on what happened to the training Mesanna was suppose to do with newer EMs (using siege as a playground etc). Maybe no new EMs have started but its quite conviently been forgetton :(

5. PuddyMae

PuddyMae Guest

Kinda looks that way.

6. imported_Ally Oop

imported_Ally Oop Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Will anything be done with the township thingy that was started last year?

7. Symma

Symma Certifiable

As sad as it is, I really don't see much need for it on Siege. Only really Gilfane left near Skara Brae. I know someone in general chat was talking about bringing back Barter Town but I think thats just one man doing it lol.

I would love to see a Town Banner for Gilfane but am not expecting it to be a priority in the near future.

8. EM Aurora

EM Aurora Journeyman

The wedding registry house next door to the EM Counselor's Hall will also be a Historical Society. This will include a place for townships and historical homes (10+yrs) to register.

Symma likes this.
  9. Symma

Symma Certifiable

Thanks for the update EM Aurora :)

10. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

barter town had applied for a township for years, back when it was a full town with at least a dozen + houses and the application was completely ignored at the time, chad asked multiple times on the status and was completely ignored while every day other shards were posting new townships left and right :/ Might be a little late for townships now as most of the towns are dissolved and the remaining players from most towns moved to better locations.

I'd love to see the program come back though....90% of our guildmembers are ex-THIEF members anyways so we could found "new-bartertown" up by wrong (near half the houses up there in front of wrong are our guild anyways). If we could ever have something set up like some shards have with a EM made teleporter hub to the different towns of siege that could be reason to try and pull everyone in closer to one area.