1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Trace rt

Discussion in 'UO Resources' started by Scribbles, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Scribbles

Scribbles Babbling Loonie
    Professional Alumni

So I am by no means a computer or IT guy. I have been having lag issues while pvping on both 2d and 3d.

i did a trace rt to see what was going on there and this is what i found.

trace.PNG

Just wondering if the ones with request timed out had anything to do with my lag issues.

Extra info:

Processor amd 4100 quad core 3.6ghz
    memory 8 gb
    64 bit system
    windows 7
    graphics nvidia geforce 650 with 2gigs of mem

I do not run any other programs when i pvp or do events. There are no viruses, malware or spyware on this computer.

I just think its funny that i lag in this game and i have no problems running much more demanding games like battlefield, WoW, LoL... etc.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Lorax_Pacific

Lorax_Pacific Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Nope. Request timed out means the server did not reply within the timeout limit. Many servers are not enabled to respond to pings. So look at the last ping is like 49 ms. Very good. You could even change your router to not respond to pings and external tests would get that response.

Is that pc the only consumer on your network or are there phones, tablets, kids, neighbors, etc consuming bandwidth? Could it be an intermittent problem depending on other consumers?

-Lorax

3. Scribbles

Scribbles Babbling Loonie
    Professional Alumni

yeah there are two phones and a couple other pcs that connect but i also turn these off while doing pvp or events.

thanks for the response @Lorax_Pacific