1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Tracking, Fields, Conflag pots...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Widow Maker, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Widow Maker

Widow Maker Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Still broken. Outstanding job Devs...outfreakinstanding!! :thumbsup:

But hey..you fixed those white dye tubs....LLLLLOOOOLLLLLLL!!!!!!!! :lame:

2. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

3. Widow Maker

Stratics Veteran

You do know the axiom about the squeaky wheel..right?? If you have played this game for any amount of time, you KNOW that it is the ONLY way to get anything done by the Dev teams.

4. Widow Maker

Stratics Veteran

Hey James Nichols...

How about you throw us a clue as to when you are going to fix the tracking and fields issues. They CAN NOT wait until the next publish. Are you avoiding this issue?

The curious and entire PVP community are waiting on your answer.

5. Babble

Babble Guest

Re: Hey James Nichols...

Everything can wait in a game.
    Advice I can give is to suspend your account until it is fixed
    :)

6. Widow Maker

Stratics Veteran

Have you seen the news James Nichols???

Tracking skill and Field spells are still completely broken.

Are you aware of the issue?

Have you a plan to resolve this issue?

The UO community eagerly await your responce. This should have been fixed already!

7. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

You're missing A LOT to the broken list.

8. Widow Maker

Stratics Veteran

There are many many broken things created by this last expansion and "fixes".

However...only one affects an entire skill set: Tracking

Only one affects every PvP fight in Fel: Broken field spells / conflag pots.

These two are an absolute must for a Hot fix scenario. Not to say stuff falling through house floors does not...just saying.

:cursing: How about it Nichols..get off your duff and at least respond. Over 2 WEEKS now!! :cursing:

9. Kiss Of Death

Kiss Of Death Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

ya .... well at least I am happy that these are bugs..I thought it was INTENDED To ruin the game and field pvp... :D...it means they gonna fix it. I know tons of pkers who aren't pvping anymore cuz fields are broken.

I mean you cant cast a wall of stone on the moongate in star room (lol), no fields in SL base for ex... ( lol) , fields are broken totally....conflag dont reveal cuz they don't conflag on the only tile they should ( mega lol) ....fields are working as wall of stones...lol.... I mean...this is very bad

They ruined TOTALLY field pvp.

10. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I'm not playing until tracking is fixed

11. Widow Maker

Stratics Veteran

It's a stealthers dream out there right now.

Can't be tracked.

Can't reveal them with fields or conflags.

Detect hidden is broken as well, barely works even when you detect on the tile they are on..that is with GM Detect and Track.

Deathstrike is completely broken with this, as well.

How many templates and skills need to be broken to get you to pay attention to this.

Lets go Nichols..this is your responsibility!!!!

12. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

i have no problem detecting people.

i have no porblem tracking people.... but then i actually have the tracking skill

so your gonna have to be more specific... are you refering to the fact that the JOAT tracking isnt working?
    that you cant track someone with no skill which totally kills off them investing 200-300 + points into skills?

and i like the field bugs.
    no more crutch for half ass mages!

:stir:

thats right baby, daddy is here to stir the pot!

13. Maximus Neximus

Maximus Neximus Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran 4H

If you get someone on tracking the arrow will constantly point to where the person was the moment you began tracking. If they move at all the arrow will not follow them, but stay where they originally were.

14. Bleak

Bleak UO Software Engineer
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Hello,

We've confirmed:
    -The tracking arrow not constantly pointing to where the tracked target is located.

This issue will be fixed.

15. Widow Maker

Stratics Veteran

Thanx for the response Bleak, but things are pretty Bleak here too. How about you hot fix both these items..you are killing us by your inaction. Stand up man..give us a date it will be fixed by!! No frakin lip service!!!

16. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

meh,

take your time.

its nice not running onto a screen and seeing a bazillion fields up everywhere.

infact, take the night off and half of tomorow.

tack the field fix onto the end of the next publish if ya want
    and if it dosnt make it for that we are ok with waiting till the next one after that.
    no rush.

get a good night sleep.
    relax.
    deep cleansing breathe.

17. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Money talks, it's a little silly that so many people had to end their subscription to get a bug fixed, I'm not entirely confident all will return, i mean it's been weeks that people can't play in fel, a lot of people have gotten into other games.

18. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

I find it more silly that people have closed their accounts due to not being able to gank as easily..... Not that I care either way if they fix this or not, I never fielded people as a mage, and I don't have a house near the more "common" pvp areas to run into.

19. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Nah I'm not bothered about the fields, I'm referring to the tracking issue.

20. RL'S pker

RL'S pker Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Worst part is not being able to reveal the skill-less stealthers. You get them low and they smoke bomb. You used to be able to throw a conflag pot to reveal them, but now there is just a missing fire tile where the stealther is standing. So by the time you go for meteor swarm they shadow jump away or run while you're froze.

Oh, and no fields on bridges is also a ******** bug. It made fighting down in tera outside of the star room useless. Now the zergs can just run around without having to worry about fields/walls.

21. Widow Maker

Stratics Veteran

Same with throwing a field on them... grrrrrr

22. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Widow.... pls put a cork in it. They are aware of the problem, and it's NO WHERE NEAR as critical as your making it seem. Tracking most people could care less about. The fact that you regularly multi-client a stealthing detect hidden character in any sort of choke point fight is the ONLY reason you seem to. The fields on the other hand do indeed need fixing, but they still function well enough as it is. At least it's equal footing for everyone in that respect. Anyway your "Squeaky Wheel Theory" is getting OLD ....

23. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Actually Widow should complain and be heard. There were plenty of posts about the white dye tub and complaints. They fixed it. So if there isnt 1000 different posts from other stratics users complaining then its not an issue? If its affecting the game then it should be looked at. Im pretty sure somebody else complained about the tracking bug before Widow did. Can you blame him being a little upset? He pays for a subscription and would like it fixed ASAP. They could be "LOOKING" into it but there is no time frame. Vague answers and replies from anybody from EA/Mythic Bioware are common. Well unless the one that said...dont like it dont play it comment isnt vague.

Here is a partial quote from a big quote I used on another topic....

Truly with all the issues and bugs at the moment, I dont think the devs are backing it up to justify anything at the moment.

24. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

Pete and Repeat were having a discussion...pete went off into rant...who is left to discuss the issue?

Let the devs. do their thing, they have an obvious full plate and have already said they are working on it. In the meantime, maybe teach someone else to pvp?

25. covert

covert Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I know the next three boosters!

26. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor

Well maybe he feels he has to go to the extreme at times. Say 5% of the player base has tracking on a template. Only 1% of that is registered users on stratics. Maybe 2 or 3 of them come complain and make posts about it. You may see 1 or 2 topics and maybe an average of 12 replies. It does hurt people templates that do use them and affects their game play if they use it alot.

Then you have a larger base of players that are registered and an issue that doesn't a template like the white dye tub. Mutiple topics and 40 average post replies. Then they fix it. Which yet again complaints come in that they did it to late and how people stocked up on the cloth and blah blah blah. Wasnt game ending or hurting templates.

I see your point and understand it but I also see his frustrations. Not trying to get into a war over it either. He may has gone overboard with it but he is trying to get a true answer and time frame. I must of said soemthing recently on these boards to catch the attention of a Mythic DEV to come to my homepage for what reason I have no idea. I don't care if he does but something I posted made him come to visit me lol. Let Widow make his complaints maybe they will fix it or if he is going overboard and its not game stopping then the may take their time for him being rude/obnoxious in your opinion.

27. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Just Wrong, the pro players in fel who play as a human play a human purely because of the JOAT tracking, which is used on almost every target, regardless if their target actually has stealth.

I along with many have not played uo since tracking has been broken.

Regards

Mervyn

28. Widow Maker

Stratics Veteran

Still not fixed??? WTF...what's up Nichols / Bleak?

29. Widow Maker

Stratics Veteran

Vexxen plays a stealther.

You now know why he is against getting this done in a timely manner. Those who know him pretty much discard anything he posts.

30. Widow Maker

Stratics Veteran

If there is any sort of complaint here, it is that the aforementioned items are broken.

Lest there be any mis-perception, I and others are far from complaining now. The complaint was in the very first post. Everything from that point is something completely different.

It is a DEMAND. Not a complaint. It is a demand that the responsible parties do the job they are paid to do...what WE pay for them to do; Keep the game in working order and maintain it in a timely manner, since people are paying hard earned cash to play this game.

So far (in this case), Nichols (being the face on the issue) does not seem to be doing that job very well. I am sure he is a fine individual and an excellent person. At a company level though, we are not all too sure that he is demonstrating himself to be a very reliable employee in taking care of and maintaining his tasks very well. Since he has been put forth as the reporting party, we are going to hold him to task and demand that he do a better job at this.

It has been nye on 3 weeks now and an important percentage of the game is inoperable. To make matters worse, the percentage is given a greater importance curve because of it's affect on the Fel rule set, in it's entirety.

Nichols has failed to recognize this importance and has further failed to communicate properly with the player base on it's impending resolution. This is resulting in people closing accounts, suspending accounts and affecting the bottom line. The longer Nichols continues to exhibit these failures, the more the impact on revenue side of the balance sheet.

I hope this gives some sort of explaination as to why we are holding this issue up and demanding it be resolved now...not later.

We ARE holding you to task Mr. Nichols. Get this fixed and get it fixed now!

31. Widow Maker

Stratics Veteran

Sweet..a patch. Fields and Tracking STILL not fixed. Great job boys!!!

32. Babble

Babble Guest

Tracking is fixed or?

33. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor

I think the announcement said for legacy client. So which client are you playing Widow?

34. Widow Maker

Stratics Veteran

13+ years of the legacy client.

With this fix, the stealthers have crawled back into their hiding holes again. Now we need to get fields repaired and things will be somewhat back to normal.

Can we get a timely fix on that Nichols?

35. Widow Maker

Stratics Veteran

Another patch. Fields and conflag pots still borked. Keep trying Mr. Nichols.