1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Tracking newbie

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by kemistry, Nov 28, 2010.

1. kemistry

kemistry Guest

I have a character with 38 tracking and now really have a choice to continue to raise , or leave it, but I like the idea of raising this skill. I know the immediate skills effectiveness is tracking nearby creatures, which isnt the MOST useful skill but its useful. I was going to ask what are other skills to make this skill of value. I am a tank mage, 50 hiding, 80 tactics and swordsmanship.

I like tracking for its solo use, and roleplay ability, but would rather know now, if there is something to know, if you know what I am saying.

ie complimentary skills.

2. Nonel

Nonel Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Tracking and detect hidden work equally when calculating your attempt to track someone, oddly enough.

For the sheer RP of it, though, you may not find much need in going higher with the skill. As is you can track most creatures. For tracking players in Fel, however, I'd recommend taking the Detect Hidden skill as high as you can, followed by tracking skill. Again, they practically work the same, the only differences being that Detect Hidden skill will allow you to actively use Detect Hidden on an area, while tracking skill will give you a boost to Ninjitsu deathstrikes.