1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Tracking skill bug?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Damien Softstep, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

Im on SP and my tracking arrow is like 5 paces north for the actual target anyone else having this problem?

2. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I have 13 characters with GM tracking. It's rare that even with GM tracking that the tracking arrow for any one of them points directly at the spot where the target is actually hiding. It is almost always off just a bit. However, this may be happening for me because I don't always have the game window in the legacy client shoved all the way up and over to the left. Perhaps doing that might help?

I can't swear to it and can't find anything to back this up and wasn't around when the skill was added, but I also suspect that the arrow's location generally becomes more precise as your tracking skill increases. I'm also unsure whether your target's hiding or stealthing skill also have a chance to decrease the tracking arrow's precision.

3. VorteXPete

VorteXPete Guest

This happened to me last night too with the lamp room in doom,showed them bout 5 paces north of where they were and it was using the EC client, so the bug affects both clients I guess.

4. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

I've always had it do that, for years.

5. Berethrain

Berethrain Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

^ This

6. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

It was fine for me until this week now my arrow is way off...

7. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

That...it's worse when your target is standing next a wall...Tracking was very poorly coded. A successful track at 50 looks just like one at GM....at least mine do...