1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Trading Vet rewards, PS, EA Store items for Siege gold.

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by startle, Aug 2, 2013.

1. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Hi all,

After 14+ years active, I just began my 1st char ever on Siege and I couldn't be happier. I had somehow always equated Siege with a bunch of teenage nitwits that seem incapable of appreciating all the other Sosarian pleasures - and just lived to gank whoever came thru a moongate.

Well, maybe it used to be like that but it sure ain't now. Almost everybody I've met so far has been refreshingly candid and exceedingly generous. (I say almost everybody, I'll get to Heavenless later). The community that I see building here reminds me of how Pacific was when I was a newbie back in '98. I even noticed that our Siege forum had had more recent activity than UHall this afternoon. WaHoo...

So just wanted to say hi again and let you know that I'm here to stay (no, I'm not going to abandon my Pacific presence any time soon - hell, been there too damn long to even consider that - but I can see that in a week of riding around and watchin gen chat that I'll have a very active presence here on Siege. But if you've ever wanted for whatever reason to have a char or 2 on Pacific, I can definitely hook you up with whatever you need... I'm fairly rich there :) )...

Ok, let's get down to business. I've created and TRAINED enough chars on 4 active accounts over these past 14+ years, that it has - um, how should I say this - it has lost a bit of it's luster to be kind. I really don't want to spend the next month trying to kill enough with my 5 day old bard to support my new 4 day old's craftsman gimmee's... ya know? I've already gone thru an embarrassingly large sum of gold just building 2 houses and stocking them with only needed startup training items.
    But I'm short of cash now and I need to buy more ingots, citrins, ambers, etc...etc.. - you know..
    Sooo... I've got a couple of accounts that are 9 and 12 years old and have Vet Rewards coming. So here's your chance to pick up (at a very fair price), one or two of these Vet Rewards. Actually, I would even consider taking Power Scrolls in exchange for the rewards - depending of course on the nature of the scroll(s)...... In addition to the Vet rewards I can provide, I would also trade any legally transferable EA Store items in return for Siege gold.

Here's a list of rewards available to the 9 year old account, you can look up what the 12yr old one gets.

[​IMG]
    As you'll note in the image above, I'll also consider Power Scrolls and/or any other (EA Store) legally transferable items - in trade for Siege gold....​
    Oh yea, almost forgot... When I mentioned how much I've enjoyed almost everyone I've met ingame on Siege, I mentioned the one lowtard in the bunch so far - the eversoefficient Heavenless (yes I know, you have lots of friends.... I'm also betting that in the end we'll all get along). Unless of course, you decide to dedicate yourself to harassing my chars... Then I'll just have to gather up a posse and see if we can't change your mind...​
    So, without furthur ado - I give you the (infamous?) Heavenless - during one of his recently happier moments - quickly dispatching an obvious 2 day old newbie with NEW2's date of birth brightly displayed over his head, who of course was wearing nothing special in the way of armor (understanding completely the Siege ruleset) and had zero combat skills, but that's another story...
    [​IMG]
    Smile Heavenless, you're on candid camera... And oh, btw, my NEW2 overhead was proudly flying... Just sayin.....

#1 startle, Aug 2, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  2. Skunk

Skunk Sage
    Stratics Veteran BREW

How much gold on Siege are you after? Also watch out for those jerks who like to cut up your armor and clothing...even with the NEW2 title showing.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

3. Lyconis

Lyconis Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I've been looking for the 4th year Seed Box. If your willing to go that low of a year I'll pay whatever the going rate is and maybe a little extra on top. If I'm not mistaking the going rate is around 1 million per year (I'm sure someone will speak up if I'm wrong).
    ICQ 1838157
    Dubhdara

startle likes this.
  4. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Did Heavenless loot you too or just kill you?

startle likes this.
  5. startle

Hi Lyconis.... Since I'm giving up a 9th or 12th year reward, it seriously doesn't matter what year you choose. I have no idea what a Seed Box goes for, but when you get some ball-park price, we can sure talk about it.... I do have ICQ but typically don't run it (although I sure can if necessary), but just PM me here to talk shop if you want.... :cool:

6. startle

Hehehe, I thought you'd see this post... But nah, he just wanted to make his presence known and laughingly (mine and his) ran off into the sunset yelling something about how his bra was tickling him. Who knows, maybe it's drivin' him crazy?.... hehehehe ;)

#6 startle, Aug 2, 2013
  7. startle

How much gold?

Well my 5 day old spoiled rotten Zeus (my Pacific Zeus being the ultimate Craftsman) is beginning to train Blacksmith, Imbuing, Tinkering, Tailoring, Carpentry and Inscription and is getting really hard to live with... My bard is beginning training Magery.... Plus I'm seriously thinking about starting a Tamer on my 3rd account - and on my 4th account - either mining/lumberjacking/etc... or a fighter (hmmm, with a couple of solestones maybe both), and depending on how hard I find it is - to find the Ingots, Boards and Leather they are currently and will no doubt continue to be screaming for into the unforeseeable future....

So you see my dilemma.... I need as much as I can get.... Talk here or PM me here, whichever... Or I'll icq if you insist... And, oh yes, I will continue to trade Pacific gold for Siege gold... ;)

#7 startle, Aug 2, 2013
  8. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Hi Startle. Welcome to Siege. You should be able to get ten million for the 12th year (that is what house tele tiles tend to sell for, and they are always in demand). Davies' Lockers seem to sell for 7-8 million, so that is the minimum you should be looking at for the 9th.

I think the rough rule-of-thumb for unclaimed Vet Rewards right now is something like 4m + 0.5m per year.

#8 Hoffs, Aug 2, 2013
    startle likes this.
  9. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

Welcome to Siege Startle, and look on the bright side of it, Heavenless did give you a 0.4% gain in Parry :D.

RueTor, Skunk and startle like this.
  10. startle

You got a point.... I'm thinkin' he should rent himself out as a mobile training aid..... :cool:

11. startle

Hey thanks for the bargaining tips Hoffs.... Now if I can just get somebody to make an offer - I'm ready to rock'n'roll.... ;)

12. Igg A Pie

Igg A Pie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Brave Amateurs B^A

you may want to seriously consider picking some rewards for yourself bfore you sell them. com deed box, crystal and corrupt portals, ankh of sacrifice, and house teleport tiles are, in my opinion, a must have for siege. you may not need them now but the time will come when you lthink back on this post and say, "I wish I never sold them all!" hehe. welcome to siege!!!

13. startle

Yea, I've been doing some serious thinkin' about a pair of teleport tiles... Already got a Commodity Deed box locked down so my craftsman has ready access to the bulk resources I'll be buying... Don't care enough about dying to warrant an Ankh and all the chars that need to travel much have sufficient Magery to gate... I've already used 3 Vet rewards for Soulstones and bought 2 more from EA... But tell me about Corrupt Portals....

#13 startle, Aug 2, 2013
  14. Leather Lucy

Leather Lucy Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

After you've sorted whatever deals you have going on, if you find yourself short of anything, send me a message. Since you're the only person to have ever sung a song to me via the paper doll, I have soft spot for you ;).

15. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

corrupt portals take you to the various dungeons of our fair lands, much like the crystal portal takes you to the numerous banks and cities.

16. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Startle, if you need seeds or finished plants, just drop me a PM and I'll try to meet up with you sometime. I've had a lot of RL stuff going on lately, so I've only been able to log on for an hour or so every other day lately for plant-tending and getting some fishing and crafting gains on a few shards. I'm thinking of letting all my accounts go dormant for a while soon until things calm down a bit because I just can't justify continuing to pay so much for so little. But I'd love to catch up with you in-game before mid-August just to say hello and see if I can help you with anything.

17. startle

Hi Tina, thanks very much for the kind offer (and I might just contact you later and take you up on seeds/plants)... Sorry to hear rl stuff is a bit chaotic for you right now and that you're not on as much lately... I hope things work out for the best and definitely will make a note to get back to you for an in-game meetup... ;)

18. Igg A Pie

Igg A Pie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Brave Amateurs B^A

if you have any selections left I would be interested in a "metallic dye tub" I got some gold but not a whole lot atm but have tons of stuff to haggle with. please PM me here or ICQ(which is better for me) 43711018. I am usually on after 10 pm EST. I look forward to hearing from you and I am sure we can hash out a deal!!!!

19. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

That house looks familiar...

20. startle

Hehehe, yea Kelmo... That dork killed me on the steps of the NEW2 Magincia house.... hehehe :cool:

#20 startle, Aug 2, 2013
  21. Colgarra

Colgarra Journeyman

Hi Startle... I'm interested in a couple of your Vet rewards. Also interested in a UO Store Legacy token... I'm gonna PM you here...

22. startle

Ok, works for me... ;)

23. Rumpy

Rumpy Slightly Crazed

You're lucky I'm not playing. I kill anyone regardless of tag and loot as well. Its how it was when I came to the server, not this pansy "Oh, you can't kill me, I'm new".

24. startle

You're right there, we're ALL lucky you're not playing... for reasons you'd be unfamiliar with.... Have a great day, grumpy Rumpy o_O

25. Colgarra

Colgarra Journeyman

Hey startle... Check your PM pls...

26. Rumpy

Rumpy Slightly Crazed

Reasons such as playing the game on the server that has more risk like its meant to be?

27. Heavenless

Heavenless Journeyman

I hate elves & spock !!

Blaeke and Mr. Jamison like this.
  28. Screws

Screws Adventurer

Oh good god, you're going to love it here

Ariana RiverWind likes this.