1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

train; done!

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by feath, Aug 11, 2008.

1. feath

feath Guest

thanks for all the help guys and gals! thought you might like to see the end result;

[​IMG]

there might be a couple nit picks later - i'm never totally satisfied! - but its at the point i'd show it off now ;)

thanks again!

2. but where are the smoke poofs!!???

3. feath

feath Guest

They might come later, but it wasn't my intention to make it look like it was moving. more like a display.

4. But if your intention wasn´t to let the train looks moving, why there are some travellers onto this train? :lick:

5. feath

feath Guest

why are there manakins in museums? :p

6. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

It turned out great, congrats!

7. sligachan

sligachan Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Hey that looks fantastic, how much is a ticket?

8. That is just too cute - I can see it all jazzed up for Christmas too perhaps going under a tree *grins* LOVE IT.

9. feath

feath Guest

Thanks guys! it was such a head ache getting it together, i'm really glad it's done!
    under a xmas tree! eep! you got any idea how big that tree would have to be? lol!

10. I have seen a HUGE tree once it was a heap of normal ones stacked and raised up....that could work...sorry I do not have a picture. But add a santa and some gift boxes and awwww pretty christmas train.

11. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

really, really cute, feath!! great job! :thumbsup:

12. Laina

Laina Sage
    Stratics Veteran

that looks awesome feath!!

13. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Cool! I've been watching the threads since you started. I have to say, it looks great! The heater shields were a great touch.

14. Piotr

Piotr Stratic's Finest
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Uh oh, it's a ghost train! :eek:

But a very cute one. :)

On a side note; have you tried using composite bows to "connect" the wheels? I don't know if they will allign properly though.

15. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

Adding the small tables & passengers helped with the "floaty" detached feeling of the roofs of the back cars. Good move on that.

I too want to see smoke puffs! Ghoul, gorilla, & mongbat should feel like they are going somewhere! :D

Ha, just poke Larisa(?) with a stick, and I'm sure she'd repost her pics of her mega trees (made by stacking holiday trees) in her decked out holiday castle. It used to be on the old forums, but gone bye bye.

Also, the 2004 holiday housing contest winner house, that they added in the vet rewards, had an amazing monster tree as a feature. Perhaps someone has a pic of that one as well.

-Skylark

16. feath

feath Guest

a lot of things didn't sit well. i used the katana because i liked the slight curve, and it touched both wheels ;)

i could have sworn i had that one... dont see it now. a picture would be good, yeah.

i kind of recall that huge tree someone made. i'll wait until xmas to see if the bug bites to make one myself.

17. Awesome job, feath... brings out my inner child :)

18. Faerunner

Faerunner Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

:) That turned out really well!