1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Archery] Trainin the old way

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Zy'ana, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Zy'ana

Zy'ana Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Aug 10, 2008

I have a swords template - Ana/Bush/Chiv/Heal/Parry/Tact wep skill Swords

I want to change template to be Archer.

Can you easily train on the Jhelom pit fighters? I guess i might need to take ana / tac off so as to not kill them,

But you can still stand close enough to heal? <- this is a question btw
    You dont have to stand a certain number of tiles from the target?

So heres the plan, let me know how it sounds:

1-remove swords from this temp.
    2-remove parry from this temp
    3-take of ana - lock at zero
    4-take of tact - lock at zero.
    5-train archery to cap on pit fighters
    6-put other skills back on

Please do not mention a golem to me, i cant get one - this idea isnt going to work. Please only comment my 'plan'.

2. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Oct 21, 2008
    As with melee skills, archery gains are based on your archery skill versus the attackers wrestling skill. I imagine that the pit fighters have lowish wrestling. I'm sure you can raise archery via the pits, but it's going to take you a long time to reach 120.

UOGuide.com has some advice on training the old fashion way. You can see their comments here: http://www.uoguide.com/Melee_Training_Guide.
  3. You'd be better off just heading down to Despise, starting at level 1 and working your way down. Once you hit 90'ish, the Titan/Cyclops area or the Juka city, both near Ilsh Honesty, will take you the rest of the way to 120.
  4. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Oct 14, 2007
    find some group that does lady mel alot and just shoot away. it goes pretty quick.
  5. Diomedes Artega

Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Oct 9, 2008
    Nice idea but if their archery is really low...they will miss more than it's worth. I'm not sure how Europa is in terms of population, but peerless groups can be hard to find at times. Especially if you work at odd hours like I do. Just a thought.