In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.
Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by soze, Nov 27, 2008.
what are the best things to hunt and train these horses on?
There really is no best thing. Demons to pretty good for everything (I used to use them for all my pets). My favorite thing now is to go down and key the Citidel. All those ninjas make them cast a lot, and they get to med between rooms.
I know a lot of people have trouble down there though, so I don't generally recommend it. Using the pets will get them to raise magery. (Shadow eles work for melee, but suck for magery.) Just go out and kill the hardest thing you can kill without excessive death to you or your pets.
Hehe Keying the Citadel is fun, you convinced me to change my characters entire template based on that remember......
Though I still can't get over the time I had my dexxer in there and disarmed them all guys in the Blue Room and Volrina pop in and was like "Wow they aren't even hurting you!"....
I base training on the skill of the lowest skilled pet and work with a list based on this guide.
I work on the basis of training up the lower skilled one first, then once they're equal I'll alternate which attacks first. I noticed that the first attacking pet tends to dump mana and stamina more, so to prevent them getting down too low on mana/stam I alternate. And it doesn't hurt to keep them both well fed
I sometimes think that they created the Tokuno facets with power training in mind.
I also take my pets to the citadel for high end training, but I also take them into the Yomotsu mines, as the warriors there also have very high (100-110) wrestling, and there are always more of them. They're also easier to take one or two at a time than anything in the Citadel. But they're also less fun for me.
For low end training, I take the pets (one at a time) to the Sleeping Dragon champ spawn and work it to level 2 or 3. Most pets will go from 40's skill to 70's skill in the time it takes to work the spawn that high, and it doesn't take long at all. Then you can go straight to the mines from there, starting at the elementals at the entrance, and working your way back to the first or second rooms when your pet's skills get to 80-90 wrestling.
Here are a couple of other suggestions on stuff to hunt with your dread warhorse and a nightmare, in no particular order:
- Demons and imps in the Hedge Maze.
- Imps, reapers, headless at the Justice gate area in Ilshenar.
- Demons in Wind.
- Wisps in the Wisp Dungeon and maybe wander around level 2 a bit.
- Sphynx in T2A.
- Dragons, drakes, wyverns, giant serpents in Destard.
- Ogre lords, cyclops, titans, acid elementals in Despise.
- Rotting corpses in Doom or Tokuno or Covetous.
- Blood Dungeon in Ilshenar for blood elementals and demons.
- Blood elementals, poison elementals, krackens, sea serpents, mages in Shame.
- Ki-rin or unicorn near Grimswind in Malas or near Spirituality gate in Ilshenar. (Take just one pet and tame the ki-rin or unicorn, release and kill for the leather.)
- Tsuki wolves, bake kitsune and kaze kemono in and near the Kitsune Woods on Homare-Jima island.
- Wyverns, imps, cyclops, titans in T2A.
- Lesser hiryus, ninjas, onis, bone mages, revenant lions, skeletal mages, kappa on Isamu-Jima island on the southern end of Isamu-Jima (i.e., the Hataka Plains, Citadel, Storm Point, and Lake Kappa area). You might have to avoid the sole hiryu that wanders the area, but otherwise it's a very large area with a variety of stuff to kill.
- Assorted monsters near the entrance of the Sorcerer's Dungeon in Ilshenar.
- Cyclops and titans in Ilshenar at the Cyclops Pyramid near the Honesty gate.