1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Training combat skills

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by jonathan_downing, Jul 2, 2015.

1. jonathan_downing

It's been a while since I've trained any fighting skills. Are there any "shortcuts" available on siege?
    Not that I'm opposed to hunting just wondering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Wolfman

Wolfman Seasoned Veteran
    Governor Stratics Veteran Gilfane

The usual shortcuts like an advanced character token or a mystic token have been also usable on Siege now for a while.
    In the matter of training it up: 0-70 hit something of appropriate skill (+/- 20 your current skill) if you have 3 scrolls of alacrity available for that phase you can be at 70 in 45 minutes if you know what you need to hunt.
    From 70 on you enter ROT which means you get a guaranteed gain after a certain time (70-80 every 5 mins for example). Using a SOA here you should get hit by something or someone at apropriate level (you do not get the agro) in your house or an INN...that way you can log out right away after your gain and get gains for a loooong time.
    I trained Macing using a huge supply of SOAs and SOTs from 0-120 in 8 hours

3. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

The advanced training dummys will take ya to 70 I believe. For combat skills any way.

4. jonathan_downing

Thanks guys. Got myself to 50 in most skills today off of skeletons. Gathered enough gold to buy a spined suit and a new sword and shield.
    Going to gather some spined leather off the lizard men to bring it up hopefully to 70 and garner some money selling the leather.
    So far so good I'm really enjoying myself this go around :)

5. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Awesome. Get in to general chat and shout out. You will be surprised, I think.

6. jonathan_downing

Sounds like a plan, forgot about chat function.
    I'll hop on tomorrow night when I log on.

7. Max Blackoak

Stratics Veteran

Actually skeletons will take you all the way to 70. But ratmen or lizardmen probably will aswell and even drop some spined leather you can sell to the community vendors in magincia for additional cash...