1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Training necro....

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Nickster, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Nickster

Nickster Guest

Hi all,
    i know this is a newb question... but my char is called Newbified afterall, i am currently at 75 necor but get to around 100 with jewels... would i be better dropping the jewels and training or keep at 100? (want to get to 120 as i will PvP once trained)and also what are the best spells to cast for gains at this level? I am only doing PvM at the moments and am fighting cyclopse and titans to get gold/gains in swords and stuff and the gold is ok too but usually i am just spamming wither and casting the odd rev on cyclopse i seem to get a few gains here and there but even with the RoT timer it is sometimes 15 mins between gains and i am casting a hell of a lot...

any tips/tricks out there to help me?

2. Kiwillian

Kiwillian Guest

I think I just used Wither over and over (without items). Got mine up to 80 on prodo and +25 too (so 105 total).

Also, do you really want to rely on Bloodwood and Midnight Bracers on Siege?
  3. RichDC

RichDC Guest

For PvM there isnt much point going over GM, you can cast near enough all spells. Vamp form can be cast at 99necro and you dont need to cast all the time(just when you die) so fizzling isnt that big of a deal, at 100 im pretty sure you are 100% succes on wither 105 gives 100% on strangle (but thats not a deal breaker pvm can be pvp).

Once you know your timer is up throw a strangle on the mob (follow it with painspike to keep the mobs stam down for more damage per tick),t hat should keep your gains ticking over.
  4. Nickster

Nickster Guest

i will PvP once i am where i want to be with skills dude so aiming to take to 120 to be hones, thanks for the tip though
  5. Nickster

Nickster Guest

not sure what you mean? i don't have midnight bracers or use any bloodwood items.. really have no idea what you mean by that
  6. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Even on prod on my maxed out necro, i still dont see the point of more than 105 necro...take it to 120 if you wish of course, but the only spell which changes after 105 in a pvp situation is revenant.

105 is 100%strangle and about 85%revenant, 120 is 100%in both. In fact 110 may be 100%revenant im not sure.
  7. Nickster

Nickster Guest

cool, may dump the 10 points and see if i can shave off a few from other skills to allow me a little magery to gate off scrolls :)