1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Training pets in shame

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Fridgster, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Fridgster

Fridgster Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

So I decided to take my cu with 83% energy resist to do battle with some unbound vortices and noticed something rather odd. After killing 5-6 of them he didn't gain anything in his skills, not even .1 in wrestling. Has anyone else noticed this by chance?

2. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Me fully trained two greater dragons last week at shame lvl 4.

3. Fridgster

Fridgster Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

mmm maybe I need to try a different critter then to train him on. Maybe the eternal gazers.

4. Kas Althume

Kas Althume Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Tried to lore the vortexes? Are their skills high enough for your cu do gain?

5. Fridgster

Fridgster Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

You know I didn't even think to check that... I assumed (yeah I know) that a freshly tamed cu would have lower skills then the vortexes. That could very well be the case.

6. iamSnippa

iamSnippa Journeyman

The unbound energy vortexes I believe have 130 wrestling.
    In order for a pet to gain skill it's skill must be within about 25 points (estimate) of the monster's skill that it is fighting. Pet Training - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

As fa as the crazed guys go, their wrestling seems to vary, their tactics I am unsure about.
    I brought my brother's rune beetle to the crazed guys starting at about 83 wrestling and 85.4 tactics, after fighting many crazed guys the beetle is now almost gm wresting but the tactics hasn't budged.

Discord probably has something to do with the beetle gaining in wrestling. It took quite a while for it to actually gain even once, and at that time it actually ended up gaining 3 times, then it was at least 3 more crazed guys before it gained again.

Also strangely, my brother's Nightmare started with less tactics at the same time and even less wrestling (both in the 70s), and it is now gm tactics. Odd.