1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Training tailoring

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Divster, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Divster

Divster Guest

Hey guys, while the professional forums are down could anyone tell me what I should make to train tailoring 50 onwards?

2. Pickaxe Pete

Pickaxe Pete Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

My suggestion would be fur boots from 50-65, kasa from 65-75 and oil cloth 75 and up. If you use a tailoring power scroll now, you can do oil cloths to a higher skill level, which would be my suggestion - put off getting into hides as long as possible. This, along with perhaps elven shirts, should get you to gm. Past that, you might need to phase out the shirts and go for Studded Hiro Sode. This can take one to legendary.

3. Tazar

Tazar Guest

There are many paths here, but this is what I have used.

Start skill: Item(s) to make
    42% Cloaks, fancy dresses
    54% Robe
    75% Oil cloths
    109.6% Studded gorgets
    113.8% Studded bustier, studded gloves
    117.9% Studded sleeves, studded female armor

4. Righteous

Righteous Guest

Things have changed quite a bit since I last worked up a tailor but I doubt the mechanics have changed that much. Find an item that you can make that is roughly 10 points lower than your skill to make and keep making it until you make it to another item that is around 10 points and keep doing that until you make it to oil clothes. Raising tailoring fast is a totally losing proposition gold wise. I just cut everything up I make so that I dont need to buy cloth all the time until I get to oil clothes they only make good bandages. I think you can make it to the 115+ on oil clothes then you have to make leather items. You want to pick items that require low number of resources to get the most bang for your buck. Also wearing a tailsman with high % seems to help.

Righteous

5. Divster

Divster Guest

Wow thx for the speedy replies :)

6. Oil cloths can be cut up into bandages. Put them aside for a warrior character of your ... and they enhance just fine.

When you can (I forget the level) you can use cloth ninja hoods to get to GM as well as oilcloth. And the hoods recycle back to cut cloth. Use a salvage bag for better return than the gump or UOA can do.

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!