1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

NEWS Transcript Available on Stratics for May 16, 2012 Wayback Wednesday Video of Ultima Online

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Tina Small, May 22, 2012.

1. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

[​IMG]
    On Wednesday, May 16, 2012, two intrepid broadcasters from MMORPG.COM, Rob Lashley aka "Grakulen" and Hillary Nicole aka "Pokket," joined members of Mythic's Ultima Online development team and a multitude of UO players on the Test Center shard for two and a half hours to check out all levels of the newly revamped Covetous Dungeon. Grakulen and Pokket also ventured forth into Felucca to interact directly with others players and received a tour of a player's house in Trammel.

MMORPG.COM live-streamed the video and also hosted a chat channel for viewers. You can view recorded copies of the video at their website and on YouTube.

If you'd like to read a full-length transcript of the video, start here. You'll also find links there to the recorded videos.

Sevin0oo0, Syrus, Nimuaq and 4 others like this.
  2. AirmidCecht

AirmidCecht twitch.tv/airmid
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Incredible undertaking Tina, thank you!
    I sent your work on to Grakulen and he thanks you too :)

Twitter

3. hungry4knowhow

Stratics Veteran

Thank you Tina, been eagerly awaiting this!

4. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

Thanks!

5. AirmidCecht

"I would also like thank the team over at UO Stratics. They took the time to do a word for word transcription of this episode of Wayback Wednesday, you can find the link after the videos, and don't forget to complete your UO experience make sure you get a cookie from Queen Mum you won't regret it."
    MMORPG Follow up with Grakulen.

Thanks again Tina, your efforts did not go unappreciated nor did Queen Mum's cookies:)

6. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

So "we have that land"???

7. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

I shudder to think that this is what Kai meant... :confused:

8. Nimuaq

Nimuaq Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I'm not sure why Kai is invited to this. He says he is the community manager of Bioware Mythic, but he is certainly not the community manager of UO. In fact, other than posting a few texts on the uoherald website (which are too often corrected), he has no interest whatsoever in UO community. He doesn't have an account in any UO related forums and he didn't even create a character in TC1 for the event. To be fair, it is better for him to not to join the team in-game since it would probably be too humiliating for him to know even less than Grakulen about the game he is the community manager of. Mesanna is both the Associate Producer and the Community Manager of Ultima Online; Grakulen, you didn't need to invite Kai.

9. AirmidCecht

I'd like to clarify a few things for you. It's not stating anything new, it's been general knowledge. Kai is the Community Manager for all titles which happened just a few weeks after coming to Mythic and shortly after James and Andy both moved on to other projects.

The few times he did post to the Herald it was met with hostility about the typos since he wasn't familiar with our gaming terms and that coming from Europe, there was a bit of a language barrier at times. Should it have been double checked first? Sure. Not saying there shouldn't but there is a tendency on the forums here to be a little bit bitey over the smallest things too. People new to our family may not get the love behind it right off.

To say he shouldn't be involved? Shame on anyone who would say a community person should not be involved with a community. Instead they should be more involved as well as the rest of the community team brought in to help out, as we've seen recently. Things can only get better if we are more welcoming and patient instead of the opposite where who would want to engage in discussion here with a bunch of chips on a bunch of shoulders.

kelmo likes this.
  10. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

*nods* I agree Airmid. I am becoming very concerned with the 'meanness' of many posts and posters here on Uhall.

11. Nimuaq

Nimuaq Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

You don't need to clarify anything Airmid, I was already welcoming and patient, this is posted on May 20, 2011, a year ago, and specifically for Kai:

A year has been past and I haven't seen a single act from Kai to actually reach out the UO community.

Yes, a community person should be involved with the community. This community person, however, just does not. That's why I said Grakulen didn't need to invite him, he is already not involved while a community person should. My post is not intended to be mean, it just reflects my disappointment, in any case, if it somehow offends him, then I'm sorry. Yet again, I still think he's not the community manager of UO (you can check the description of community manager if you have any doubt), so I'm still not sure why he is invited.