1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Transfering a character from one account to another?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lord Chaos, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos Always Present
    Stratics Veteran

Is there any way to do this? If not, then it would be nice to have a service where you could transfer one character from one account to another.

Or somehow get super soul stones that allows for transfer of skills between accounts, I'd pay money for that too if necessary.

2. Kayne

Kayne Guest

I agree with this, or at the very least the ability to link a soul stone with a second account in some secure way that means only the owner of the accounts can set it up. There are countless people who own two or even three accounts that I'm sure would love the option of moving templates about.

3. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

There's not too many terribly hard skills to work these days, could you not just remake that char on the other account?

4. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I hope they do not. I can see reasons for wanting it - but it would boil down to a major change as it would end up with players "selling skills". Sure we have SoT's and with enough, it is there already - but it's not nearly so blatant as "Oh... you want to be a legendary mage? Great! Hand me 125 mil and I'll pass you the skills."

You have to train the skills (both in-game and out of game) if you want to be able to use the template effectively. Selling skills just seems wrong to me.

5. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The big problem is the time involved in building up skills. When you can only play for a couple of hours, a few times a week, doing all that training would take all your UO playtime for months.

I'd love to see us get the ability to transfer characters between accounts we started.

6. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Hi, want to buy a 120 tamer? Here is the code? Give me 300m.

You want to see this in the game?

7. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

A cross account soulstone would be amazing for Siege Perilous...Absolutely amazing!

8. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos Always Present
    Stratics Veteran

I wouldn't mind it...someone actually trained that character, its no different than making a 120 Tamer on an account, then selling the account.

Just make the cross account transfer soul stone, transfering 0.1-100 skills costs 0 charges, 100.1-110 skills costs 1 charge, 110.1-120 skills costs 2 charges.

The stone has limited charges and costs X dollars at uo codes.

9. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie

This allow players to reduce amount of unwanted accounts and pay less. They don't want to give you such possibility.

10. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Yuck.

This has fail written all over it. Someone would just be macroing several accts 24/7 just pumping out chars to sell to people.

11. Lady Laurel

Lady Laurel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni LOST

There are limitations they could apply to an idea like this. Make it a char transfer, not a soulstone type thing. Require that you must go through EA (kinda like the acct transfer process), pay them a fee (make it a semi-high amount) and prove that you are the owner of both accounts. To help prevent too many account closings, they could limit it to only 1 char ever being transferred to an acct (so if you have already transferred a char to an acct, you would not be able to transfer another to that acct).

12. Magdalene

Magdalene Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Bingo!

13. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Yeah I would love for Poo to mac....errr nevermind..

14. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I think I agree with this.... more though limiting it to one character I'm not so sure about. I'd like to see some way of moving characters from one account to another though...

More than moving skills from one account to another I'd prefer to get characters OFF the same account so they could "interact"...Without having multiple accounts with characters all named the same.

Though I'd rather be able to "Link" my own accounts more so that I could be "owner" of my houses rather than just friends.

15. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

The "between accounts we started" meant between the accounts started by the same player. I could transfer in an old favorite charater from another account created by me, but not one from an account I hadn't started myself.

Shouldn't post while my attention is on something else. :)

16. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

Maybe you should take up a different hobby then?

17. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Yes, and we all know who the majority of the sellers would be.

Scripters and cheaters...

This perhaps might have some potential.

18. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

They could just sell skill tokens at the uogamecodes store.
    100.00 gm of any skill for a price.

19. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

Why? The game can be entertaining. :)

I have been a while finishing up my characters. <g> Most of the skills I've built up by just playing the game. More fun that way. :)