1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

transfering ownership with lockdown items

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by crazybard, Feb 9, 2009.

1. crazybard

crazybard Guest

If I transfer a house to someone will they then have full rights to unlock and unsecure the items. Also will or could any items be lost/destroyed in a transfer. It is between my brothers account and my account. We just dont want to have to move everything right now.
  2. Endrik

Endrik Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Feb 20, 2007
    If you transfer a house from your account to your brothers account, then your brothers account would own the house and everything in it. He would have access to unlock/unsecure EVERYTHING in the house as he would be the new owner, and the character that transfered the house would no longer be able to unlock or unsecure ANYTHING in the house as they no longer own the house.

As for safety, everything should transfer just fine. Again, your trading the house... everything in the house comes with it.
  3. Lady_Rachel

Lady_Rachel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Dec 18, 2004
    When buying a house all items left in the home become the property of the new home owner. They have full access to it, so yes they can unlock and lock it down.

I have not heard of anyone ever losing items, ( having them poof ), during a transfer. And houses full of checks have been transfered. So it is considered safe...course now that being said..there is always that first time..or that time I haven't heard of....so I don't want to jinx it! *knocks on wood*

You should be just fine..
  4. crazybard

crazybard Guest

Thanks for the quick reply. I didnt think there would be problem, but always good to ask.

Crazy The Bard.
  5. J.B.

J.B. Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 24, 2008
    I am trying to remember here so bare with me. You cannot trade a house with things in the moving crate? or you lose the things in the moving crate if you transfer. Maybe theres a gump telling you that theres stuff in the moving crate.

Anyways not much help but something to look into. Don't want you to lose your stuff.