1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Translate UO Client to Spanish

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Wonder, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Wonder

Wonder Visitor

This is possible?
    there are certain files in the UO folder with Spanish translation but, i don't know how activate this. Thanks

2. Acid Rain

Acid Rain Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

There used to be a translation server incorporated into UO but I believe they found issue with it causing bad lag.
    There are several folders containing several languages but I believe all are permanently disabled.
    This was a failed attempt back around 2003?2004?

I would LOVE to see an English/Kanji and Kanji/English translation option,
    seeing how the shards using these two languages are the most populated.

3. Magnus

Magnus Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Both the Enhanced and Classic Client have the option of playing in a number of languages. For the Enhanced client there is a selection menu in the options.

For the Classic Client it is a bit more difficult. You need to go into your Ultima Online folder and edit uo.cfg and change the option within the UserLanguageCodeString=ENU, the options are:

DEU (German)
    ESP (Spanish)
    FRA (French)
    CHT (Chinese)
    CHS (Non-Traditional Chinese)
    JPN (Japanese)
    KOR (Korean)

So for you, you want it to read UserLanguageCodeString=ESP.

This should still work, the support I don't believe was removed. If it doesn't work, you may have to change it for each individual character as well with the same procedure.

Kirthag likes this.