1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Translators needed.........

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Shalimar/Cleo, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Our guidebooks at NEW require updating and assistance is needed to translate my updated English one to several other lingos.

We have: German, Russian, Norwegian, Japanese, Turkish, Italian, Chinese and French, all in need of updating. If you speak any of these languages adequately, please contact me if you are willing to volunteer your translation services.

We would also like to provide guidebooks for any languages we don't already have, so, if there's anyone out there able to translate any not listed above, please contact me.

My icq is: 9-626-593 (Elaine)

Thanks much

2. We should have the Japanese, Italian and Turkish books covered by the beginning of next week, thanks Troop.

German, Norwegian, Chinese, Russian and French still to find translators for.

3. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

That Troop... Heck of a guy. I did notice his pile of shoes is diminishing though.

4. He got a newbie pair from his Aunty Shal, so his tootsies will never be bare and cold again!

Still need German, Russian, Norwegian, Chinese and French translations done.

5. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Would any of GOSH help with the chinese? Might wanna try and touch base with them

6. I'm sure they would if they could Az, but they're Japanese I believe.

7. HaHa

HaHa Guest

Way to leave out the hispanolas .

8. Norwegian? Just lefsa/lutefisk is all I know. Get your ass in the classroom and learn japanese, I say. (if you only understand Norwegian, that is.)

I can help a little with the "hispanolas" lol Haha, just say....Donde esta pala? meterologo.

9. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Shal? Could I get a copy of that book? I have a project in the works. *smiles* If it succeeds I would like to make sure that NEW is an option to consider.

10. Troop

Troop Sage
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

I went to a lutefisk dinner once. Not my cup of tea.

11. Thank the good Lord McDonalds is world wide.... I wonder if they have a lutefisk meal in Norway? *scratches head*

12. Yes you can have a copy, I'll make one tomorrow.

German covered, still need.... Russian, Norwegian, Chinese and French translations done.

13. Norwegian covered, still need Russian, Chinese and French translations done.

@ Kelmo, there is a copy of the NEW guide ready for you, just let me know how/when you want to collect it.

14. Rafkor

Rafkor Guest

Hi there guys
    Quatir in here

i can voluneteer to translate it to french if you want , french is my primary language so it aint gonna be a problem for me.

only problem is i dont play UO on osi server anymore and i come in very rarely on stratics but hey its better than nothing right :)

just send what you need translated to me in my mailbox and ill check alot more during the next week and try to send it back prompto.

Quatir

15. Troop

Troop Sage
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Might need some help with the Japanese one. My daughter is fairly good with Japanese but said it is easier for her to trans. Japanese to English. Anyone able to help with this one?

16. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

This is a really, really cool thing you've done Shal. You truly go above and beyond. PM me so I can drop NEW a nice donation.