1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Trapping? I mean they have fishing.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by RavenWinterHawk, Mar 16, 2011.

1. For the average casual player I don't understand why they don't implement fur trapping as a way to enhance an aspect of the game I think we all would enjoy.

If you have fishing - wouldn't trapping also be an normal part of the game?

I don't see why they don't add this - if one can fish but can't trap, it seems like their is an imbalance.

It already seems set up in the game, we can skin. Why not have a tiered reward system like fishing but you turn in furs instead of fish.

Hmmm.

2. LoL/Sonoma

LoL/Sonoma Guest

While a neat idea, i personally would prefer that UO cleans up/adds use to the exisiting skills before adding a new one. Really would hate to see the Dev team add yet another skill to this game when there is a HUGE list of useless ones right now.

If they decided to do this is should probably be part of the "Tracking" skill.

Would be nice, but the UO team seems stretched pretty thin to worry about adding more skills right now.

My 2c

3. yars

yars Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

we have lobster traps, it might be possible, also we could get cages and run a circus :p

4. virtualhabitat

virtualhabitat Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I'd like to see some dancing bears myself

5. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Hmmm, I could see this as an ability that could go along with herding as a way to add more use to that skill.

Maybe tracking might make more sense. But I think it already has more use than herding.

6. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

If you get trapping, then I think we should get harpooning too. I have a place just right for a harpoon on the front of my ship. I could finally get even with those nasty dolphins for blocking my boat all the time.

7. yars

yars Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

and hand to hand combat(not wrestling),mountain-climbing, farming, swimming. way i see these would all be important skills to have as well.

8. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I'd like to trap, then tame, a fire rabbit

9. I agree these skills are very important to maintain fairness to the casual player. I don't see why these can't be added.